Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post Match Discussion: Charlton v Oldham

We won, tell us how

Comments

• We won, tell us how

With great difficulty.
  • Good, we won.
  • Bury and Walsall next up.
    Get six points and then we go again.
    COYR
  • edited January 2018
    Really frustrating how we don't go for games when 1-0 up at home. Decent result though and back in the top 6 by my calculations. Bring on the takeover.

Side note: watched on stream and thought Lennon did really well today next to Bauer - so much more comfortable-looking than on Monday. The other poster on the marks thread gave him 3 though. Did I miss something?

(edit: typo)
  • Only two positive things to come out of that dreadful game . Three points and the performance of Mavididi.
    These were two awful teams . Oldham were the worst team I’ve seen in a long time yet we wasn’t much better .
    Lennon and Marshall has stinkers and Meginnis was his usual anonymous self.
    Mavididi was excellent but that’s because he hasn’t has the confidence sucked out of him ( yet ).
    Any other opponent today and we would have lost.
  • Sponsored links:

• Big win as it puts us back in the mix for the play offs, never thought I would be pacing desperately hoping we can cling on to a one nil lead at The Valley against the might Oldham though.

Well done lads and congrats to Mavididi for his first ever professional goal.
  • Really frustrating how we don't go for games when 1-0 up at home. Decent result though and back in the top 6 by my calculations.

Not by my calculations
  • stonemuse said:

Really frustrating how we don't go for games when 1-0 up at home. Decent result though and back in the top 6 by my calculations.

Not by my calculations
    stonemuse said:

Really frustrating how we don't go for games when 1-0 up at home. Decent result though and back in the top 6 by my calculations.

Not by my calculations
    stonemuse said:

Not by my calculations
    Oh woops was looking at an updated table thinking it was the pre-match one. Ignore me everyone!
  • stonemuse said:

Not by my calculations
    We are 8th on 40 points.
  • Big win as it puts us back in the mix for the play offs, never thought I would be pacing desperately hoping we can cling on to a one nil lead at The Valley against the might Oldham though.

Well done lads and congrats to Mavididi for his first ever professional goal.

Problem is, there are 5 teams fighting/capable of getting the seemingly only play off place left available... going to be a long drawn out battle for all 5 teams
  • Not good that. First half we were really comfortable. What happened at half time for crying out loud. Same group of players. It rests solely with Robinson in my opinion. What did he tell them today at half time? Does he lack confidence and tell them to sit back? That's a recipe for disaster. Where's the motivation that he's always banging on about. We have the players but why can't we just play for 90 minutes!

3 points is 3 points and that is great. But, we huffed and puffed which we shouldn't have had to do second half and, like I said, I put that totally on Robinson, his tactics and motivation. I really just don't get it.

It would be nice to be able to play for 90 minutes and not 45 which has been happening too often this season.
  • stonemuse said:

Not by my calculations
    We are 8th on 40 points.
    Yeah yeah I know I'm an idiot
  • Sponsored links:

• Boring. but a much needed 3 points.

Great goal from Mavididi.

Thats about it really.
  • Never felt so angry after a game we actually won. Absolute shite. Too angry to say more. Back later.

Blimey. Imagine how you'd feel if the kids 4 a quid were behind you
  • We needed that and always good to win however we do it.

I watched on iFollow and wasn't so impressed with the performance. Oldham were still sitting back with their entire team in their own half at 1-0 down. Hard to break down yes but they knew if they kept it at 1-0 they always had a chance of an equaliser through a counter attack or set piece.

Great goal by Mavididi though it possibly papers over the cracks. We've got a few players that can score a good individual goal but no player is going to score 15-20 like that a season. I'm not convinced there's enough goals in this team.

KAG looks dangerous yet also unlikely to score. Had two chances and crossed for Jackson's header. Still he's playing less but getting more chances than Magennis, though you could argue that's down to the game being stretched late on.

Aribo fully deserves his place while I'd expect Marshall and Magennis to be dropped if we had a few more options available.
  • edited January 2018
    Should have been a couple of substitutions earlier. We were pinned back in the second half for far too long
  • That second half was dire

As others have mentioned a win is good coz it stops the rot, but I struggle to see how we’re going to build on that performance
  • edited January 2018

No less bored than the Gills game. Thankfully I was 15mins late for this one so only had to suffer 75mins of it.

Turgid game. Another stale performance with little attacking threat. Ponderous in possession and still looking vulnerable at the back.

Amos made 2-3 saves and we barely troubled the Oldham keeper.

A better side would have beaten us.

Biggest issue for me, 26 games in and the players still don’t look comfortable with Tarbuck’s nonsense formation.

We’ll pick up a few more wins as this division is appalling. Don’t think we have enough for the play offs.

Looks like another injury as Holmes went down at the end.

Amos did have to make a couple really good saves but that was it for them.

KAG alone had two excellent opportunities. Holmes hit the bar. Marshall had a goal bound shot blocked. Holmes had a something from close range that went high and wide.
  • Pleased to see we won.

However no real regrets at deciding to miss it which concerns me. I seem to be losing interest.