Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Michał Żyro signs on Loan from Wolves

edited January 2018 in General Charlton
Charlton Athletic are delighted to confirm the signing of striker Michał Żyro on loan from Championship leaders Wolverhampton Wanderers.

The 25-year-old – a full Poland international – is left footed and can play as a centre forward as well as out wide.

Żyro becomes the Addicks’ second signing of the January transfer window, joining Stephy Mavididi, and Manager Karl Robinson is excited to have the front-man on board.

He said: “Michał is tall, athletic, has range in his movement and will offer something that we have not got. He can play up top in a one, or alongside Josh Magennis in a two, and he is very hungry to show what he can do.

“He can play with his back to goal and, having spoken to him, he wanted to come to a club that are striving to achieve success come the end of the season.”

Żyro began his career at Legia Warsaw – making senior bow at the age of 17 – and in January 2016 he signed for Wolves.

An injury hampered his progress at Molineux but now back fit he is eager to help Charlton to promotion to the second tier.

He said: “I’m delighted to sign for Charlton. This is a good move for me and now I want to prove to everyone that I am healthy and show my abilities on the pitch.

“I have really enjoyed my time in England so far. Charlton is a very big, famous club – I remember watching Darren Bent score goals for Charlton in the Premier League on TV when I was younger – and I know that I will be happy here with my family.”

Comments

• Welcome Michael. Looking forward to you scoring goals for us.
  • A welcome addition, let’s hope he stays injury free and does a job for us.
  • Can’t grumble about this one welcome good luck
  • How long is the loan?
  • Pleasantly surprised at this signing. A real game changer for us if fit. He is a player we desperately needed and more so then Ricky Holmes imo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:

How long is the loan?

End of the season.

• Robinson said: “Michał is tall, athletic ......”

So what? We're Charlton Athletic.

• edited January 2018
    But Polish Zyro doesn't work does it?
  • Nice to hear a player (especially foreign) know a little about the club already.

• No doubt a good player and if he has the right attitude, I'm sure he'll fit in nicely.

Just worried that he's a bit rusty after so long out. How long will it take to get him truly match fit?
  • Not tall enough.
  • edited January 2018
    Sounds like a decent addition.

I look forward to seeing him join the ranks of ventokele as he'll be forever spelled "Zorro"
  • Sponsored links:

• I see he has spent 14 months out after having his knee fractured in a tackle by Anthony Kay - wasnt Kay involved in another 'incident' with one of our players whilst he was at Huddersfield?
  • Welcome to the valley.
    Now score a few goals to keep us in the top six and become a Charlton hero
  • Rubbish signing because I do not have two letters in his name on my keyboard.

I hope he turns out as well as Polish Pete. Are we sure it is not him under an alias?
  • I see he has spent 14 months out after having his knee fractured in a tackle by Anthony Kay - wasnt Kay involved in another 'incident' with one of our players whilst he was at Huddersfield?

Kay is evidently a thoroughbred twat
  • Does the loan extend to the playoffs?
  • Welcome and please although you can do it, don't play with your back to goal, we need you going forward!
  • edited January 2018
    Ouch......that sounds very nasty!

• He said: “Michał is tall

Welcome to CL, Karl