Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Incorrect use of:

-where/were
    -their/there/they're
    -to/too
    -of/off
    -no/know

:# 
  • Options
    The state of the roads these days. They are getting worse and driving on them is not fun. 
  • Options
    1StevieG said:
    The state of the roads these days. They are getting worse and driving on them is not fun. 
    More pot holes than road on parts of the a2
  • Options
    Football for a fiver day
    Having to park half a mile away further than usual, people bumping into you in the queue to the turnstiles, kid in the seat in front constantly whacking the back of their head on my knees because the seat doesn’t recline. Thank goodness it’s over and done with!
  • Options
    Had two blokes either side of me proper Man-spreading today!!...

Am 6.4ft and god was I in agony when I stood up at the end of the game
  • Options

Stand up then?

Never any problem with standing with Charlton fans... :-)
  • Options

Stand up then?

Never any problem with standing with Charlton fans... :-)
    Would happily have done so but Im second row from the front of the East

To be honest I shouldn't complain as most weeks I get the whole row to myself and get to lounge with my feet up on a couple of seats like a Roman God watching a Gladiator fight at the colosseum
  • Options
    Inconsiderate drivers who just stop on the middles of the road to let someone out....and then help said passenger with their shopping into the house whilst doubleparking so no-one can get past. ...even though there is a space just 10 yards down the road where they can pull into  !!

Yes you black Range Rover man in Wolfe Crescent around 1.50 sat afternoon. I really appreciated sitting waiting whilst you dicked about for a couple of mins, blocking the road in the process. NOT. Just park at the side of the road like 99.999% of other drivers  !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When you go into a clothes shop and the assistant hangs around you chatting you up and asks if there's anything you're looking for.  "no I'm fine, just browsing (f-ck off)" 
  • Options
    Annoys me that C4 aired the programme but great response from the Fire Brigade!!

• Options
    edited February 2019
    "Turn up for the cameras" fans.  Newport being the most recent, but in no way unique, example.

Turn up for the the game decked out in all the regalia and pretend to be hugely affected by the afternoon's events with all the going nuts if they score then pouting like there's been a death in the family when the bigger club inevitably score.

Nowhere to be seen the following weeks or years as back to supporting man United etc. Irony being that if they all turned up regularly they wouldn't be minnows.

Must get right in the tits of the real regulars too.
    Basically Football for a Fiver yet just a bit more expensive and popular because they may be on TV... Is one reason I dont care about getting a big team at the Valley in the Cup as once a season is already bad enough
  • Options
    Whilst entirely getting the drift, if you really want a tiny crowds and no effort to gain new fans, why not support your village team (or equivalent) rather than one with "ambition"?

• Options
    Allowing myself to get 16 pages behind on the Takeover thread. Somehow I've got to wade through reams of shit just to retain my honour as someone who's read every post on there and I just know there's not going to be a happy ending.
  • Options
    Timid types who don’t know how to ‘shout’ when they’re at the bar!
  • Options
    Things like this

WTF after everything she has been through, it was her choice to go, noone forced her
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If this women comes back to the UK on a  technicality surely when she is sentenced to 10 years her baby should be adopted. 
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    "People should sympathise with me I didn't know what I was getting into..."

Same interview
    "I was just a normal housewife"

Also another interview on seeing innocents beheaded
    "It didn't bother me, they were enemies of the caliphate" 
  • Options
    If this women comes back to the UK on a  technicality surely when she is sentenced to 10 years her baby should be adopted. 
    If she does come back, as soon as the baby is born it should be taken from her and they should tell her that her baby will be adopted and raised Christian.
  • Options
    Things like this

WTF after everything she has been through, it was her choice to go, noone forced her

No sense of accountability for her own actions, she now thinks she can say what she wants as "we live in a democracy" where free speech is welcomed. 

The quote about her seeing the heads in bins and not being too bothered (if true) should be all that is needed to parachute her back into Syria imo, how can she be trusted in society ever again?
  • Options
    Things like this

No sense of accountability for her own actions, she now thinks she can say what she wants as "we live in a democracy" where free speech is welcomed. 

The quote about her seeing the heads in bins and not being too bothered (if true) should be all that is needed to parachute her back into Syria imo, how can she be trusted in society ever again?
    On the face of it, it does seem to smack of " radicalised Muslim seeks christian charity from infidels"
    However I am not aware of all the background and  other factors that might influence any decision.
    She doesn't come across as the brightest spark in that interview and she was very young when she made that life changing decision.
  • Options
    Things like this

That Craig Noone is a piece of work... Annoys me with how he gets away with so much.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Things like this

I usually get told I’m too PC on subject matters like this, but this one just annoys me.

Give the poor child a chance and offer to bring it back. Leave the mother there to rot.

• Options
    I worry more about the ripple affect around her should she return. 

Whilst she can be watched over, you can bet your bottom dollar there'll be individuals who'll view her as a heroine and someone to inspire the next generation.     
  • Options
    Before I say what I'm about to say, I don't think we should be entertaining this idiot. Most of us made stupid decisions when we were 15 however joining a terrorist cell in the middle East is a biggie and if I've had consequences of nausing up my GCSEs that have lasted I believe there should be consequences for this idiot

The other side. If this is the calibre of breeding sac Isis have then I don't think we have as much to fear from them as was previously suspected