Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Montenegro v England - Tonight 7:45pm k/o

Thoughts? 

Don't usually enjoy watching England in these sorts of away ties, but this team is different. Be more than happy to just grind out a win for the 3 points.

Comments

• Intimidating atmosphere is my only worry.
  • I’d take a scrappy 1-0 win all day long. 
  • First time in a long time I've thought, you know what I fancy the England game tonight.

Credit to them, thought I'd not be bothered outside a major tournament ever again.

Now to see if the wife will let me watch/I can stay up to the end.
  • Sky have said that Hudson-Odoi looks set to start tonight with Jadon Sancho a slight concern after complaining of being a bit tight in his muscles after playing the full match against the Czech Republic

In all honest probably doesnt hurt to rotate those two this International Window 
  • Sky also saying Rice will start
  • This will be tough, any sort of win will do for me.
  • Also was no mention of Southgate calling up anymore of the U21 Squad due to wanting Aide Boothroyd the opportunity to prepare for the U21 Euros in the summer without having his players constantly called away for another team

To be honest makes sense in a way... Another way the England setup is working together rather than the Seniors simply seeing themselves as the only squad that matters and sod the rest of the age groups
  • Think we'll smash them.
  • Match wise though I wont be surprised if its a similar performance to the one in Croatia last September

Horrible away ground to travel to... Would say I'd be glad to get this game out of the way but dont see Bulgaria or Kosovo away being that much more calmer in terms of atmosphere for the England squad
  • hard place to go, locals that will make it quite hostile, many of the locals have been out nicking england flags all weekend and posing with them upside down in sports directs finest. 

certainly a lot more buzz about the national side, even had texts off mates asking if anyone fancies a pint and watched the game something you only used to get when it was the major tournaments, i really enjoy watching the national side and think it has a decent future, will only be getting the czech republic away game this year due to other bits and pieces on.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2019
    Upside down England flags? 

Is that a bit like when the Millennium Stadium decided to dig up the pitch, turn it through 180 degrees and re-lay it?
  • I think stealing and holding a flag upside down is meant to be an insult in the strange world of hooligans
  • I think stealing and holding a flag upside down is meant to be an insult in the strange world of hooligans
    Do they not realise that without the wording / club badges that the England flag is the same way round whatever way you hold it?
    Do they not realise that without the wording / club badges that the England flag is the same way round whatever way you hold it?
    Give me 5 i'll ring me mate Mirko and ask him
    Evil b*stards
  • In the past year Montenegro have been beaten at home by Serbia, Slovenia and Romania. We'll have too much for them and they won't be able to handle our pace.

2-0 or 3-1 away win.

The correct way to fly the Union Jack is to have the Saint Patrick’s Saltire lower down on the left side than the right, rather than the other way around. To fly the Union Jack with the Saint Patrick’s Saltire higher up on the left but lower down on the right is considered upside down or inverted.

To the fly the flag upside down, as stated, is usually meant to represent a sign of distress but some people may also take offence. However, it is a common mistake that people make when flying the flag, even British people.

Weren't any of you in the Cubs? :smile:

• Macronate said:

I had a flag fight with someone once, we were jabbing each other, swinging hooks and connecting with upper cuts but then he grabbed my flag and turned it upside down.

Head bowed, I walked away from the fight in the knowledge that I could never show my face in that part of town again.

Lots of people used to have flag fights on here.
  • edited March 2019
    Really looking forward to the game.  Not sure the players will be too intimidated by the atmosphere. Feels like there is a real lack of fear in this squad. Think we will win by a couple of goals.
  • Sponsored links:

• I must be the only person on here who wasn't impressed with our World Cup performances and the performance against the Czechs.  That's the trouble with supporting Charlton, you set such high standards. 0-1 England with the goal coming from our  midfield maestro Harry Kane ...
  • Jordan Henderson will get his 50th cap for england tonight. I was surprised to read that only 59 other players have got 50 england caps.

The correct way to fly the Union Jack is to have the Saint Patrick’s Saltire lower down on the left side than the right, rather than the other way around. To fly the Union Jack with the Saint Patrick’s Saltire higher up on the left but lower down on the right is considered upside down or inverted.

To the fly the flag upside down, as stated, is usually meant to represent a sign of distress but some people may also take offence. However, it is a common mistake that people make when flying the flag, even British people.

This is all true, except that I imagine the Montenegro hoolies have been doing that with the cross of St George, i.e. the England flag, which looks the same either way up.
  • No idea what their flag looks  like ---- need to know so I can nick one and hang it upside down
  • Pickford
    Walker Keane Maguire Rose
    Barkley Rice Alli
    Sterling Kane Hudson-Odoi

Good side with plenty of pace and attacking threat.

Solid 2-0 win tonight. Montenegro are not as good or scary as people think. We are a good side.
  • rananegra said:
    I think stealing and holding a flag upside down is meant to be an insult in the strange world of hooligans

This is all true, except that I imagine the Montenegro hoolies have been doing that with the cross of St George, i.e. the England flag, which looks the same either way up.
    Of course. Ignore me :smile:
  • Is Sancho injured?
  • Is Sancho injured?
    Yes, has a niggle.
  • Ok cheers. On way home so should be in just for ko. Another 5-0 would be nice

I was, and know it's the Union and not the Union Jack