Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    1782, HMS Royal George capsized at Spithead with the loss of 800 lives.
  • Options
    Has it happened yet?
  • Options

Has it happened yet?
    Yup. My hayfever has just kicked in :-(
  • Options
    Go kart Mozarts
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1770, Capt. James Cook discovers The Great Barrier Reef when his ship Endeavour runs aground on it.
    "Oh Great, a barrier reef" he ejaculated
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Id take caution to the fact NLA is not sold on the possible replacements
    NLA will know when the directors’ loans are being repaid, which will give us all a nice clue. Not sure he’ll know anything else though. 

Would not put a lot of money on that theory jimmy lad 
    Good stuff mate. I hope Whitey’s singing like a canary! (And your other source I’ve just heard about.)

I've not spoken to GM for a week. He does go very quiet when he thinks it’s close, so I have to leave him alone because if the restraining order.
    Might give him a buzz in the morning after the Park Run.
    We’ve been here before though.  Let’s hope this is the real deal. 

Not really he has been too busy to talk about charlton mate more consumed by cricket which I can’t understand 

More from the other side of the border where the daffodils grow than the roses grow 
    Come on the NLA loads of posts in the last couple of hours. Before today lots of 'it's not happening' stuff. Give us some cryptic clues that can be traced back to when it does happen, so you can tell us 'I told you so'....... please!

Like I said earlier imo things are finally coming to a head and I believe that RD will not be here at the start of the season that’s all 
    "IMO"  "I Believe"
    Is that all you've got?
  • Options
    It’s the Aussies 100%. Mark my words. 
    It’s Dalman 100% . Mark my words
    You could be 100% right or 100% wrong. 
  • Options
    Bore da
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    This is the Facebook rumour that’s been mentioned

Obviously random Facebook rumour, but makes we wonder whether Roland will retain some kind of interest (Valley, Training Ground) if the buyers have struggled to get the investment together. 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    But don’t the ex directors loans prevent that from being a possibility? I suppose if they had been paid up then...
  • Options
    rikofold said:
    Scoham said:

Obviously random Facebook rumour, but makes we wonder whether Roland will retain some kind of interest (Valley, Training Ground) if the buyers have struggled to get the investment together. 
    A very bad scenario, but seemingly not possible.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    1775, Jane Austen born.
    What happens when we go past page 2019?
  • Options
     rikofold said:
    Scoham said:

Could it be that one of the parties is a banker and the other a consortium from Australia.
  • Options
    _nam11 said:
    1775, Jane Austen born.
    What happens when we go past page 2019?
    I was just wondering the same thing.  I'm looking forward to some crazy science fiction predictions!
  • Options
    My take on it, and I'm no expert, is that after a price is agreed the rest of the takeover is straightforward, but time consuming.

It doesn't take all this time for the Aussie's or anyone else to do the first bit.

So unless the price has been agreed and we're just waiting for the administration to be done a takeover is not imminent.

Sadly I don't think anyone has agreed part one, the price, so we're not actually waiting for part two, the administration side.
  • Options
    1779, Capt. James Cook dies on The Sandwich Islands which he had earlier discovered.
    The ungrateful bastards.
  • Options
    Aribo could be a slight hold up as silly as it sounds. At the end of the day he is the only real sellable asset on the playing side. He leaves and the clubs valuation is less than if he signs a new deal. 
  • Options
    It’s Dalman 100% . Mark my words
    He was funny back in the day, but I can't see how he'd have the funds.

• Options
    Can anyone think of a takeover that was rumoured to be ongoing for weeks, and then went through?

I can't remember any off hand. Seems like every time a club is bought, it's announced in the press and it's already over. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!