Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Erhun Oztumer (pg.24 on loan to Bristol Rovers)

Comments

• The guys on CL who thought he could be included straight away have no idea about fitness in the modern game. Good to hear Bowyer sensible words about getting Erhun up to speed. If it takes two or 3 weeks before he is sharp enough to make the bench, then so be it. The Bolton situation would have affected his mind and well as his fitness.  Bowyer will decide when Otzumer can join the 18 man squad.
    He played in Bolton's first league game this season so i guess most people thought he was already match fit. 
    So did 7 kids from their academy who aren't even shaving and a guy from the ticket office to make up the number !
  • stonemuse said:
    The guys on CL who thought he could be included straight away have no idea about fitness in the modern game. Good to hear Bowyer sensible words about getting Erhun up to speed. If it takes two or 3 weeks before he is sharp enough to make the bench, then so be it. The Bolton situation would have affected his mind and well as his fitness.  Bowyer will decide when Otzumer can join the 18 man squad.
    He played in Bolton's first league game this season so i guess most people thought he was already match fit. 
    Not Charlton fit ;-)
    Many a true word, and all that...

I'm not going to criticise Bolton's fitness regime (I don't know what it is), but Bow wants his players to be running as hard at 90 minutes, as they were in the first minute.

I imagine most players coming into the club would have to make some adjustment.
  • The guys on CL who thought he could be included straight away have no idea about fitness in the modern game. Good to hear Bowyer sensible words about getting Erhun up to speed. If it takes two or 3 weeks before he is sharp enough to make the bench, then so be it. The Bolton situation would have affected his mind and well as his fitness.  Bowyer will decide when Otzumer can join the 18 man squad.
    When Bowyer says up to speed, he probably means playing in his formations and proving they can provide the required workrate of a Bowyer side.
  • I suspect much of what Bowyer says is about man management, similar to Bonne, could be wrong though.

Reality for Forest is he may be needed on the bench given its 3 games in 8 days
  • Scoham said:
    I'll remember this at The New Den, when the ball stays in the air for 90 mins and Millwall score 2 headers from set pieces :-(
  • Callumcafc said:
    Oztumer woah
    Oztumer woooah
    He’s only five foot tall
    He really hates Millwall 
  • Williams is fouled a lot. I think refs need to get on top of that.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2019
    Only one game I known, and it’s early so a work in much progress but....

We’re off to see the wizard
    the wonderful world of Oz

Because of the wonderful things he does...

(can’t temember the  bit in the middle).
  • This fella looks a magician with that wand of a left peg
  • Williams is fouled a lot. I think refs need to get on top of that.

Agree but sometimes he appears to be 'looking' for it?
  • Thought he had a great game and when he's fully match fit he will provide tons of opportunities for Taylor and whoever else Bow picks to play up front - doesn't shirk a tackle either! Sure he will become a fans' favourite.
  • addick05 said:
    Williams is fouled a lot. I think refs need to get on top of that.

He was fouled 6 times I believe in his 30 mins on the pitch. It was clear they targeted him and think it was only the last foul a player got booked. A clear plan which the ref couldn't see.
  • Quality little player and will only get better the fitter he gets
  • addick05 said:
    Williams is fouled a lot. I think refs need to get on top of that.

A foul is a foul whether a player is looking for it or not.
  • stonemuse said:
    It’s amazing to think he’s only just joined us, he fitted in so well. 
    Having spent 8 years in our academy, maybe he feels like he's come home!
  • Sponsored links:

• This fella looks a magician with that wand of a left peg
    Claus Jenson/ Andy Reid type player weve not had in a very long time. 
  • I’m fed up of all these puns about height.... 

just wondered if he’d ever watched red dwarf?
  • On the subject of Cullen it amazes me that Bolton barely gave either him or Oztumer a chance in the Championship

They had a great opportunity with two class players (I know they werent at the club at the same time whilst Josh was a bit younger) but they've seriously missed out!!
  • Parkinson played Semedo and Bailey ahead of Shelvey when he managed us. I don't think he has much of an eye for skillful midfielders. 
  • Parkinson played Semedo and Bailey ahead of Shelvey when he managed us. I don't think he has much of an eye for skillful midfielders. 
    Or he simply had a preference for hard working midfielders
    Shelvey was very young at the time too. 
  • Parkinson's football was always pretty industrial.
  • Parkinson's football was always pretty industrial.
    I don't know, it was pretty decent that first year in League One, when we finished 4th.
    We even started that season with 6 successive wins, scoring for fun.

The next season though, he'd lost several of his better players and had to replace them with freebies.
    On that small budget, he had to adapt the football to the standard of the players he had.

He didn't do too badly either.

• Otzumee, zumee, he is only 5 foot 3. He’s better than Lionel Messi,Ozumee zumee

For when Otzumer reaches Chris Solly’s height of excellence 
  • edited August 2019

Exclusive interview with Charlton Athletic new boy Erhun Oztumer 

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/997661993?-11197:833