Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bowyer Talks - Weekly press conference updates

Comments

• Chunes said:
    Bowyer seems to imply there that it was Conor who wanted to go

Really? I didn't read it like that at all.
    Me neither: "He's Chelsea's player"

i.e. They can choose to do what they want with him
    I think if Conor had wanted to stay he would of stayed 
    How?
    Do players not have a say in where they want to go on loan???
    Yes and they could refuse.
    Do you seriously think he would set up an antagonist situation with his club.....no way Jose.
    Let’s not forget he’s also only 19 and certainly wouldn’t have the balls at this stage of his career to defy the Chelsea hierarchy.
    He may well have mentioned he wanted to stay put, but would have little option other than to do as they say.
    As yet, we still don’t know the reason why they took this action......I fancy it will come out eventually.
    Absolutely, SoundAs.

If Chelsea cancel his loan arrangement, how can Gallagher possibly stay at Charlton?

• edited January 2020
    Chunes said:

How?
    Of course but Chelsea recalled him so they have a say in that

We could have offered Chelsea more than what Swansea did in which case Id agree with you but we didnt so the player couldnt choose between us and them
    I was talking with someone an hour or two ago (reliable I may add), who said that we were paying a third of his wages.....Chelsea the rest.
    Swansea have agreed to pay the full amount, now as to whether we weren’t prepared to match Swansea I have no idea but It seems we weren’t even given that option, given that Bowyer said it came as a shock completely out of the blue.
    But I’m sure if Chelsea said “someone else is willing to pay an extra £350K for the season” we would have said “we’ll match it”.

If it was just about money then I’m sure Chelsea would have been happy to start a bidding war between Charlton & West Brom. They didn’t, which suggests it’s not.  
  • Chunes said:

How?
    Do you seriously think he would set up an antagonist situation with his club.....no way Jose.
    Let’s not forget he’s also only 19 and certainly wouldn’t have the balls at this stage of his career to defy the Chelsea hierarchy.
    He may well have mentioned he wanted to stay put, but would have little option other than to do as they say.
    As yet, we still don’t know the reason why they took this action......I fancy it will come out eventually.
    Of course I don't. I simply answered the question with a yes or no.
  • Oggy Red said:
    Chunes said:

How?
    Absolutely, SoundAs.

If Chelsea cancel his loan arrangement, how can Gallagher possibly stay at Charlton?

He couldn't.
    The question was "do players have a say in where they want to go on loan?"

So, on a yes/no basis, I said yes.
  • Oggy Red said:
    Chunes said:

How?
    Absolutely, SoundAs.

He couldn't.
    The question was "do players have a say in where they want to go on loan?"

So, on a yes/no basis, I said yes.
    Fair enough.

Though I'm sure players get a choice of where to be loaned out to.
    But don't get a say if they are suddenly recalled.

• I would imagine young players get less choice or maybe they feel they have less choice. I don't think anybody would suggest that Conor questions his club. It probably wouldn't be the best career move for him. Not at Chelsea anyway and it is the team he supports.
  • Oggy Red said:
    clive said:

"Like I said, me and my team have worked hard and I think that we deserved to be treated the same as other people in other clubs, so that’s all we’ve ever asked for and it looks like that’s going to happen."

This contract situation, as I think it reads, is not just about Bowyer.
    It also includes the playing Management team.

Maybe Bowyer's insisted on that and it's been one of the sticking points?

Well it must take longer.
  • Lee Bowyer has described Josh Cullen as "a machine" and reckons he has a chance of being part of Charlton squad at Preston on Saturday. https://t.co/9RPf5NLb1r https://t.co/uwHbiYNTu5
  • Sponsored links:

• Has Lee done a press conference today?
  • Full 10 minutes press conference is on Valley Pass.
  • Scoham said:
    Full 10 minutes press conference is on Valley Pass.
    Any new injury woes?
  • Striker Macauley Bonne stands a chance of being back in the squad for Tuesday’s match at Nottingham Forest.

“He could train Sunday and Monday with us,” said Bowyer. “Because we play Tuesday it means we’ll train Sunday and Monday.

“It’s how he comes through his next few days of rehab.

“I saw him outside on Tuesday and he was literally sprinting – going fast – so he can’t be far off it.”

Deji Oshilaja has twisted his ankle and will miss the Stoke fixture.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/lee-bowyer-reckons-charlton-finally-in-a-good-place-with-injuries-as-striker-close-to-return/

• clive said:

Striker Macauley Bonne stands a chance of being back in the squad for Tuesday’s match at Nottingham Forest.

“He could train Sunday and Monday with us,” said Bowyer. “Because we play Tuesday it means we’ll train Sunday and Monday.

“I saw him outside on Tuesday and he was literally sprinting – going fast – so he can’t be far off it.”

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/lee-bowyer-reckons-charlton-finally-in-a-good-place-with-injuries-as-striker-close-to-return/

Fantastic news on Bonne. 

Standard that as one's coming back another is injured. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    clive said:

Striker Macauley Bonne stands a chance of being back in the squad for Tuesday’s match at Nottingham Forest.

Fantastic news on Bonne. 

Someone rolling their ankle is something you'd expect though, not the series of long term injuries we suffered in the autumn
  • Dazzler21 said:
    clive said:

Fantastic news on Bonne. 

Someone rolling their ankle is something you'd expect though, not the series of long term injuries we suffered in the autumn
    Depending on severity of course. But pleased it's a support player over a first 11 player.
  • Cheers @Clive , much appreciated .
  • Sponsored links:

• Good to know Chris is solely out of the team because of Matthews' form and nothing else

Nice to see Bowyer being asked about Page, doesnt feel so much the forgotten man
    Similar situation to that which he faced with Dijksteel in the latter part of last season.

Whenever we play 3-5-2 I think he will struggle to get the nod over Matthews. There are some pretty impressive full/wing backs in the Championship nowadays. If I remember correctly, the guy who started at left back for Barnsley on Saturday caused us quite a few problems in the first half.
  • Hopefully Page will benefit from these fitness experts that 'The Noon' is supposedly bringing in.
  • Hopefully Page will benefit from these fitness experts that 'The Noon' is supposedly bringing in.
    The Noon. Love that!
  • High Noon
  • Or in Yorkshire, t'noon
  • Hmm... Wonder what the other conditions are for Taylor to sign a new deal

I imagine Championship safety will be one of those
    As much money as any other club offer (Prem teams apart )