Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Love Island

Comments

• Good episode last night.

I know Callum is painted as the bad guy but can hardly blame him. Shaughna (or however you spell it) was clinging on to him, almost forcing him to couple with her. Too possessive for me, plus Molly is much better looking. Should make for good watching over the next couple of days.

• This one seems to be going along quicker, eg. straight into Casor amor, the games. Or is it just me, I am semi enjoying it, but not quite the same. I like Shaugna, but can see she might be a bit clingy, I wouldn't say its done yet between her and Callum. The whole thing feels a bit of a set up.

I don't really understand why if people are in a safe couple, people then sway. It's different if there is a mad connection, but I don't think it is that? It comes across as there is a lot of staged/setups this year and not getting too invested, although I am watching it all still.

Again another bit of trash tv, Geordie Shore went this way. You could tell the first couple of series was genuine but then again I can only guess but it appears set up, I have been told before someone meet them on holiday before and the girls they pull are basically pre set up. Also you hear they aren't always drunk but have to act it. other stories like that, hey I still watch it but all a bit TOWIE these days.

Sorry went of on a tangent there...

• Good episode last night.

I know Callum is painted as the bad guy but can hardly blame him. Shaughna (or however you spell it) was clinging on to him, almost forcing him to couple with her. Too possessive for me, plus Molly is much better looking. Should make for good watching over the next couple of days.

That Molly is overrated though. Dodgy eyes without the make up.
    Think Nas is being a bit of a dick. Gets a nice girl who's probably out of his league then loses interest soon as he's in the other villa. 
  • Talal said:

Good episode last night.

That Molly is overrated though. Dodgy eyes without the make up.
    Think Nas is being a bit of a dick. Gets a nice girl who's probably out of his league then loses interest soon as he's in the other villa. 

Agreed, firstly re: Molly she doesn't blow me away but if he is sexually more attracted to her, then its a choice of head over heart/ Personality / looks

Not sure about that one, Nas has gone from no attention to getting a little. Demi has also been quite keen to jump on the other guys, might not be genuine between them. We have seen the bits where they are close and get on but they still don't really seem that compatible. I like them both tbh and hopefully they either both stick or both twist so there will be no dramas.

• True I doubt Demi would be overly upset unlike Shaughna who would probably leave. Do feel a bit for her even if she is clingy. 
  • Mike is the most annoying in there.
  • This one seems to be going along quicker, eg. straight into Casor amor, the games. Or is it just me, I am semi enjoying it, but not quite the same. I like Shaugna, but can see she might be a bit clingy, I wouldn't say its done yet between her and Callum. The whole thing feels a bit of a set up.

I don't really understand why if people are in a safe couple, people then sway. It's different if there is a mad connection, but I don't think it is that? It comes across as there is a lot of staged/setups this year and not getting too invested, although I am watching it all still.

Again another bit of trash tv, Geordie Shore went this way. You could tell the first couple of series was genuine but then again I can only guess but it appears set up, I have been told before someone meet them on holiday before and the girls they pull are basically pre set up. Also you hear they aren't always drunk but have to act it. other stories like that, hey I still watch it but all a bit TOWIE these days.

Sorry went of on a tangent there...

This winter series is shorter (6 weeks) compared to the summer one which is about 8-9 weeks, so it will move faster.
  • Macronate said:
    Mike is the most annoying in there.
    Sianese for me is the most annoying, from her voice to her over analysing everything!
  • Think the programme has had its day now in its current format, they’ve killed it doing this winter one
  • Sponsored links:

• Taxi_Lad said:
    Macronate said:
    Mike is the most annoying in there.
    Sianese for me is the most annoying, from her voice to her over analysing everything!
    Its the way she throws her head side to side as she talks!
  • This series has now turned into the Shaughna show. If Luke chooses her in the recoupling, then it's absolutely the producers telling them what to do. She has barely mentioned him all series, now suddenly she really likes him. Even the rest of the housemates were surprised so it's obvious there's been no interaction between them
  • edited February 2020
    oh yeah, it's totally set up. but i'm loving it and can't wait for tonight's episode. I do think though, if she wanted to stay in the house she could have just stepped it up with the new fella (whose name escapes me). I will be shocked if she's the one to go though as she's a favourite of the fans. I do like Demi though (despite the squealing). Luke T is my favourite in the house - what a genuinely nice guy and wish he wasn't with Sianese. (although to be fair she's got better as it's gone on - or maybe i've just become immune).  Once again I've invested far too much time than is healthy into it. I even came in the slow way via cannon st this morning so I had a long tube ride round the circle line so i could fit the whole episode in on my journey! 
  • This series has now turned into the Shaughna show. If Luke chooses her in the recoupling, then it's absolutely the producers telling them what to do. She has barely mentioned him all series, now suddenly she really likes him. Even the rest of the housemates were surprised so it's obvious there's been no interaction between them

Yeah I quite liked Shaugna early doors, but I hope Luke doesn't choose her. Something seriously fishy if he does, it does seem a lot more scripted. Last nights episode was poor, making them all have chats over nothing.

I have been enjoying this one in bits, but I do not think its as genuine or set up now.

• Bump. Starts on Monday…
  • edited June 2021
    They’re all clones. We got a Mike look alike, a Liv lookalike, the black girl, the bloke from so solid crew he’s clones there, Dom’s clone, a new Wes.Dog shit.
  • edited June 2021
  • They’re all clones. We got a Mike look alike, a Liv lookalike, the black girl, the bloke from so solid crew he’s clones there, Dom’s clone, a new Wes.Dog shit.
    throw in a new Dr Alex as well
  • And social media all complaining that the Black girl not getting picked was racism... Again.
  • They’re all clones. We got a Mike look alike, a Liv lookalike, the black girl, the bloke from so solid crew he’s clones there, Dom’s clone, a new Wes.Dog shit.
    That's how people that want to go on these shows and are under the age of 25, look. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2021
    se9addick said:
    I think it’s a sign of getting old, I was in O’Neils in Blackheath and there were a group of lads, probably 19-21 years old, at a table and they all looked like clones of each other. Has probably always happened, you just notice it more when you’re 15 years older and have no concept of what’s fashionable anymore. 
    I'm not sure, I think a lot of young adults are losing their sense of personal identity and instead are wanting to fit into the trends. It's cringey, but hopefully this is just a phase and it'll be cool to be an individual again in future.  
  • Dazzler21 said:
    se9addick said:
    I think it’s a sign of getting old, I was in O’Neils in Blackheath and there were a group of lads, probably 19-21 years old, at a table and they all looked like clones of each other. Has probably always happened, you just notice it more when you’re 15 years older and have no concept of what’s fashionable anymore. 
    I'm not sure, I think a lot of young adults are losing their sense of personal identity and instead are wanting to fit into the trends. It's cringey, but hopefully this is just a phase and it'll be cool to be an individual again in future.  
    Indeed - I am awaiting the day when you can hear - "Hey guys - check out my total lack of tattoos"
  • Dazzler21 said:
    And social media all complaining that the Black girl not getting picked was racism... Again.
    She didn't step forward. bloody social media

Completely agree they all look like they have been in a previous one, too early to call it but i'll give it a chance for a week. Really think they should chuck a couple bang average people or overweight guys/ ladies.

Last night i was actually thinking it would be better if before they did the pick they did a naked attraction thing, a nice little hybrid and would make the first bit more interesting and different. For the record i barely watch naked attraction but have seen a few episodes.
  • se9addick said:
    My Brother is 18 and exactly this, him and half his mates looks the same. Same shit haircut and dress the same, its certainly a fad but hopefully people can find their own personality and be different as they grow older. I was fortunate and still am i am one of a kind :smile:
  • se9addick said:
    Blimy SE9 no concept of fashion at 36 (Married with 2/3kids ..?) Don’t, worry mate picking the right Sketchers, Barbour, cords, open toe sandals, and check shirt, will be coming along for you soon. 
  • se9addick said:
    Blimy SE9 no concept of fashion at 36 (Married with 2/3kids ..?) Don’t, worry mate picking the right Sketchers, Barbour, cords, open toe sandals, and check shirt, will be coming along for you soon. 
    It’s not an issue, I had no concept of fashion at 26 either!
  • edited June 2021
    se9addick said:
    There's no such thing as the right Sketchers.  Sketchers are the Hi-Tec of the modern era.  They are to be avoided at all costs. 

Edited to add: I had hoped to stress my point by referring to GQ magazine's list of 238 trainers but, to my horror I find a pair of Sketchers at number 233. 
  • surely at 36 it's a case of jumping into Superdry for the middle aged man cloak of invisibility
    You sound surprised…