Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bowyer Talks - Weekly press conference updates

Comments

• Bowyer on Field: "Sam has gone back to West Brom - his knee is not looking good. “That’s why we brought in a sixth loan, because we knew it was touch and go.”
    Good prediction by those who mentioned the sixth loan

Yes, but weird that he's been on the bench since the end of the transfer window.
    Can only presume our medical team werent convinced (which was what Doucher was alluding to) he was fit and suspected this was going to happen
    Doucher got it wrong. No way did we put him on the bench if we thought the injury was a bad one. He suffered a reoccurrence and know he’s out for the season. Shame for the lad. 
    Well you’re about the only person who thinks I got it wrong 
  • West Brom have had a special sign made for the office, just in case we come calling for loan players again...

• Sage said:
    DOUCHER said:

Bowyer on Field: "Sam has gone back to West Brom - his knee is not looking good. “That’s why we brought in a sixth loan, because we knew it was touch and go.”
    Good prediction by those who mentioned the sixth loan

Yes, but weird that he's been on the bench since the end of the transfer window.
    Can only presume our medical team werent convinced (which was what Doucher was alluding to) he was fit and suspected this was going to happen
    Doucher got it wrong. No way did we put him on the bench if we thought the injury was a bad one. He suffered a reoccurrence and know he’s out for the season. Shame for the lad. 
    Well you’re about the only person who thinks I got it wrong 
    No they're not.

No one is saying you didn't get told he was out for the season, but the information at the time was wrong. Maybe the person who told you got told that there could be a chance he will be out for the season, but that wasn't the case of what you said, when you first said it.

His treatment was in West Brom, they got him ready and he hurt himself in a different injury just before he was due back here. He got that setback, had a scan by the way so they would have been able to assess the whole damage, recovered and came back here. Maybe he wasn't completely right and because he has been training with the first team regularly, including being in the squad twice, his knee wasn't strong enough. He now is out for the season because he will likely require surgery from on the initial injury.

None of this though makes you right at the time, because it wasn't. As said, it's likely there was a chance it could go this way, they obviously all hoped it wouldn't, just don't claim to be correct when a lot has happened between your original statement and Bowyer saying his season is most likely over and he's gone back to West Brom. 
    Well that’s told me - I was still right though 
  • edited March 2020
    LB on Leko 💬: “Obviously, it’s been difficult. But the most important thing now is that it’s been dealt with and we can move on. It should have been dealt with quicker.” #cafc

LB💬: “To have something like that hanging over you, especially as such a young player, has to be difficult to carry. The club have supported him since day one.” #cafc

LB💬: “You could see he wasn’t himself. He’s a bubbly and confident lad and he was a bit quiet for a while after. But the group got him through that and he was himself again. While he was here, everyone was around to support him.” #cafc
  • edited March 2020
    LB💬: “My message to the players is the same as always. Saturday is a difficult game against a good side and we have to stay together. We’re a good side, especially at home, and we have good fans that get behind us, so I’m looking forward to getting back to The Valley.” #cafc

LB💬: “Yes, it’s a big game and we’re in the run-in now, but I trust my players to go out there and fight for every ball.” #cafc

LB💬: “It’s going to go to the wire and I think there are more teams involved than people realise. Our players know what we have to do and if they do that, we will be fine.” #cafc

LB💬: “The Huddersfield result was disappointing but the scoreline looked worse than it was. My disappointment was the work-rate, but I know that will change. Every time we’ve had a bad result, the players react and The Valley will be bouncing.” #cafc

LB💬: “They have a good squad of players and Jonathan has had to bring some of the younger players through this season. I know him as a person and I have no doubt that he will turn things around there.” #cafc
  • LB: “It’s times like this you come together as a group and fight and that’s what my players will be doing. Last week was not a nice experience and they hurt. I know and they know what’s at stake and what they need to do get over the line.” #cafc
  • LB: “We were a club that were never tipped to get promotion last year. We’re a club that no one would have tipped to be out of the relegation zone with 10 games to go. It was never going to be easy, but we’re still in a good place.” #cafc

Not sure that's true. Maybe not favourites for the top 2, but most clubs would have expected us to be top 6
  • Sponsored links:

• LB: “We were a club that were never tipped to get promotion last year. We’re a club that no one would have tipped to be out of the relegation zone with 10 games to go. It was never going to be easy, but we’re still in a good place.” #cafc

Not sure that's true. Maybe not favourites for the top 2, but most clubs would have expected us to be top 6
    Think back last year. I can't remember anyone thinking we would go up. 
  • redman said:
    LB: “We were a club that were never tipped to get promotion last year. We’re a club that no one would have tipped to be out of the relegation zone with 10 games to go. It was never going to be easy, but we’re still in a good place.” #cafc

I won money on us getting promotion, thanks sky bet.
  • "The Huddersfield result was disappointing but the scoreline looked worse than it was"

From what i've seen and read about the game, 4-0 was the least that Huddersfield deserved.
  • redman said:
    LB: “We were a club that were never tipped to get promotion last year. We’re a club that no one would have tipped to be out of the relegation zone with 10 games to go. It was never going to be easy, but we’re still in a good place.” #cafc

Yep. Think before the season started and when we couldn't fill the bench first game of the season. No one thought we would be up there.
    With the transfer window still open, it was only at the end of August when you make a fair judgement.

Bowyer himself had said that he waiting to bring in the right players, which was a major reason why we lacked in August. Once we signed Bielik, Cullen and Ward and won 4 straight matches in September, I'm sure the bookies would have adjusted us to be top 6 candidates
  • "The Huddersfield result was disappointing but the scoreline looked worse than it was"

From what i've seen and read about the game, 4-0 was the least that Huddersfield deserved.
    A comfortable win for them, but the last  2 goals came when Bowyer went sh*t or bust with his subs to chase the game, so I slightly see his point
  • clive said:
    “They are in a different league to us budget wise,” said Bowyer. “And they strengthened in January, they brought in three or four good players. Their chairman recognised they were in a position they did not want to be in and they chucked some money into it to strengthen them. They’ve picked up some good results on the back of it.”

• micks1950 said:
    clive said:
    “They are in a different league to us budget wise,” said Bowyer. “And they strengthened in January, they brought in three or four good players. Their chairman recognised they were in a position they did not want to be in and they chucked some money into it to strengthen them. They’ve picked up some good results on the back of it.”

To be fair they also sold Randolph to West Ham for a hefty fee which paid for any business they did!
  • Sponsored links:

• micks1950 said:
    clive said:
    “They are in a different league to us budget wise,” said Bowyer. “And they strengthened in January, they brought in three or four good players. Their chairman recognised they were in a position they did not want to be in and they chucked some money into it to strengthen them. They’ve picked up some good results on the back of it.

Says it all really, if only we had strengthened our team. 
  • micks1950 said:
    clive said:
    “They are in a different league to us budget wise,” said Bowyer. “And they strengthened in January, they brought in three or four good players. Their chairman recognised they were in a position they did not want to be in and they chucked some money into it to strengthen them. They’ve picked up some good results on the back of it.

Says it all really, if only we had strengthened our team. 
    But we had a marquee signing............so I heard  :)
  • Politely suggesting that Thursday's press conference might be an interesting one, especially if Chris Parkes is still suspended.

You might want to bookmark this thread.
  • Bowyer will be advised not to talk about anything other than football. Unless of course we have further developments before then.
  • Bowyer will be advised not to talk about anything other than football. Unless of course we have further developments before then.

Bowyer might be fishing on his lake in France... 
  • You couldn't blame him for wishing he was!
  • "Lee a dramatic week at the club, with its whole future at stake. How are you and the players coping?"

"It is what it is..."
    "I can't control that"
  • Genuinely feel for Bowyer and the squad with all this shit going on. 

Would be nice if he could come out and say exactly what he thinks of Southall