Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Coronavirus - it's not all "bad news"

edited March 2020 in Not Sports Related
A vague (forlorn?) attempt at gallows humour - feel free to sink if deemed inappropriate.

My sister (genuinely) works for a funeral directors - and apparently we can get a 20% "family discount".  Might put down a deposit.

Comments

• Sorry to be a bore but I do think it is inappropriate.  Some of us are waiting to see if our relatives are going to survive the next few months.
  • edited March 2020
    Well, it's not all bad news for me.
    If they postpone the Euro 2020 to 2021, I'll be able to watch a few games at the Parken Stadium in Copenhagen, as we're planning a trip home.
  • Danepak said:
    Well, it's not all bad news for me.
    If they postpone the Euro 2020 to 2021, I'll be able to watch a few games at the Parken Stadium in Copenhagen, as we're planning a trip home.
    Think you're onto a winner, mate. There's no way the Euros are taking place this year. 
  • If I can actually get a refund/insurance claim for all the stuff that’s going to be cancelled I’ll be minted! (nothing to spend it on, but let’s keep the positive vibe going...)
  • edited March 2020
    No football, no pubs or restaurants, no shops, empty supermarket shelves, travel bans ...think of all the money everybody is going to save and, if you are a full time employee working from home, you will be accruing a lot of annual leave 
  • Sponsored links:

• aliwibble said:
    Well SouthEastern will still provide a shit service, but at least it's unlikely to be overcrowded and shit.
    Yes as I'm now working from home I don't have to put up with dirty, smelly, overcrowded, over-priced, delayed trains twice a day! 
  • edited March 2020
    A choice of seats/tables on the train
  • Sorry to be a bore but I do think it is inappropriate.  Some of us are waiting to see if our relatives are going to survive the next few months.
    Out of interest (as I really didnt know) I googled how many people in the UK die of flu every year. Although PHE dont keep exact records of it the average over the past 5 years is approx 17k pa. And that's bearing in mind that the over 60's get reminded to have the flu jab during the winter months.
  • Sponsored links:

• I’m all for laughing in the face of adversity it’s what we brits do.
    ive many minus points at the moment but on the plus side I currently have 18 opened barrels of beer that have 3 days to drink & 28 sealed ones that have a month to drink , I have enough food to feed around 2/300 fresh & another 2/300 frozen but no staff or customers it’s just me !!!!
    I feel a legendary session coming on!
    If you need any help drinking the beer let me know. Not bothered about food, only crisps and pork scratchings required. 
  • Not having to put up with the a/c at work anymore.

No coincidence that I've been out of the office for almost a week and my minor neck ache has gone along with a vastly reduced amount of coughing and sneezing that usually takes place when at work.
  • Gallows humour is part of the British psyche, it was rife during the two world wars......trench humour during the 1st world was particularly prevalent.😀😀😀😀😀😀
  • One plus is that this sport may now get the attention it deserves:

Brilliant that, but what happens to the marbles when they retire?
  • Not having to put up with the a/c at work anymore.

No coincidence that I've been out of the office for almost a week and my minor neck ache has gone along with a vastly reduced amount of coughing and sneezing that usually takes place when at work.
    I'm also grateful for not being freezing cold all day! It's so nice to not have to wear about 20 layers of clothing. 

brilliant

Brilliant that, but what happens to the marbles when they retire?
    Glue factory, apparently.

If that bloke continues to post races then I'll be all over them :)