Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is the season going to finish? (ed. Pg.53 - 3 players not returned to training)

Comments

• Options
    Surprised at Lapslie going back to training with the others. My wife is currently 8 months pregnant and we've been told by both midwife and hospital that we should all absolutely be completely self-isolating, from now until min. 6 weeks after the birth - no supermarket/shop visits at all, I can't go back to work, 2 year old can't go back to nursery, no visitors for our newborn sadly. Aside from the (potential) risk to both my wife and the baby, if any of us were to show any symptoms at all in the 2-3 weeks leading up to the birth, I wouldn't be allowed in the hospital at any point during labour (my wife's worst nightmare!). 
    He's a Charlton fan and is the sort of player that runs through brick walls for the team he's playing for

Of course he should be putting his Girlfriend first but bet he was very conflicted when making the decision
  • Options
    Surprised at Lapslie going back to training with the others. My wife is currently 8 months pregnant and we've been told by both midwife and hospital that we should all absolutely be completely self-isolating, from now until min. 6 weeks after the birth - no supermarket/shop visits at all, I can't go back to work, 2 year old can't go back to nursery, no visitors for our newborn sadly. Aside from the (potential) risk to both my wife and the baby, if any of us were to show any symptoms at all in the 2-3 weeks leading up to the birth, I wouldn't be allowed in the hospital at any point during labour (my wife's worst nightmare!). 
    He's a Charlton fan and is the sort of player that runs through brick walls for the team he's playing for

Of course he should be putting his Girlfriend first but bet he was very conflicted when making the decision
    Also he's not exactly an established first teamer and has missed a lot of games through injury. Possibly feels he's got to do it for his career. 
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    PopIcon said:
    Just because they trained doesn't mean they will want to play. More than likely its players whose contracts are up and due to sign elsewhere.
    We get that, ant they may be doing exactly what Taylor said he is doing by seeing how he feels step by step

But atm we know 3 players haven't returned to training and that's who we sre trying to figure out

So players like Taylor, Green, Williams and Page for example we have seen pictures of in training so know they are not part of the 3
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Just because they trained doesn't mean they will want to play. More than likely its players whose contracts are up and due to sign elsewhere.
    Defeats the object doesnt it?

Whats the point of returning to training if your reluctant to stop social distancing

As Bowyer has said, the players are all fit because they've been running for all but roughly two weeks of this lockdown

If you dont want to play then you can remain fit by staying away from training
    I dont understand you point, what has that got to do with contracts?

I would be flabbergasted if there are players who don't have new clubs lined up.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    Defeats the object doesnt it?

Whats the point of returning to training if your reluctant to stop social distancing

As Bowyer has said, the players are all fit because they've been running for all but roughly two weeks of this lockdown

If you dont want to play then you can remain fit by staying away from training
    I dont understand you point, what has that got to do with contracts?

I would be flabbergasted if there are players who don't have new clubs lined up.
    Probably the fact that we wouldn't bother with training players that weren't prepared to play? I'd assume all of that has been discussed with those coming to the end of contracts 
  • Options
    Well @J BLOCK got the Huw Jenkins scope right before anyone so would sadly trust his comment if he says Sarr and Lockyer are two that havent shown up

Lockyer of course is under contract... 
  • Options
    3 have tested positive out of 1030 from a test round of testing. The 3 who tested positive are across 2 teams. I see the media are saying 2 are from Fulham 
    2 from Fulham. Blackburn captain is the other 1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    Regardless, nice to see them paying a bit of respect to the club, certainly names there who you'd think wouldn't have gone back to training so massive massive respect to them for coming back to training. 
    Not knocking the ones who haven't come back yet but respect their reasoning. 

Just seeing players back training in the club kit is a first small glimmer of normality, especially to a very influential 8 year old 
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    I get Sarr, and its understandable with BAME issues.

Surprised at Lockyer, we really need to hope Pearce and Deji opt in for the games then otherwise we are screwed at CB, already down to 2

Can Matthews play CB?
    With Solly back at RB

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Pratley would before Matthews. If Page is fit then Purrington more likely to cover CB out of the full backs imo. 
  • Options
    Is Sarr in Miami with Lacazette? Mate text me to say he's seen pics of them playing basketball in the Miami Heat arena
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Naby must definitely be one, put up a post on instagram of him in the car with lacazette then them playing basketball somewhere a few hours ago, whilst Johnny William's and hemed are at the training ground. Disappointing but he is out of contract soon so down to him really but bit hypocritical at the same time if hes willing to travel and not social distance with other people
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Pratley would before Matthews. If Page is fit then Purrington more likely to cover CB out of the full backs imo. 
    I am guessing Pratley is the 3rd not training he seemed quite outspoken about it
  • Options
    Baby must definitely be one, put up a post on instagram of him in the car with lacazette then them playing basketball somewhere a few hours ago, whilst Johnny William's and hemed are at the training ground. Disappointing but he is out of contract soon so down to him really but bit hypocritical at the same time if hes willing to travel and not social distance with other people
    Can Naby get back if he's in Miami? 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Is Sarr in Miami with Lacazette? Mate text me to say he's seen pics of them playing basketball in the Miami Heat arena
    Could have just posted an old video as it’s Lacazettes birthday
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    It is on his Instagram but as above, it could have been filmed a while ago
  • Options
    totally understand each player’s wishes in these circumstances, would just be typical for Bow if it turns out that one area in particular has a crisis of players available. Up front earlier this season, now at the back (potentially). Is Field registered with us still, just recovering with West Brom or did he go? Thanks 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ok I've seen it now, he's got blonde hair in it which is what he done last summer, so I take it it's from last year when he went to the US with Lacazette
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Is there a target date for the Championship to resume? 
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    se9addick said:
    Is there a target date for the Championship to resume? 
    Thought I saw 26 June somewhere put back from 12th. Clubs voting this week as to exact way forward;

'The EFL has confirmed that a points-per-game format will be applied to the league table if the season is curtailed, with two important votes set to take place that will decide its fate.

EFL clubs will each cast two votes. The first of which will be this week (May 25), to allow the EFL's proposed framework to be applied to this season. 

That will allow the table to be settled, in the EFL's eyes, in the fairest way possible, with a two-legged play-off semi-final and then a final used to decide the final club promoted from each league, even if the season is curtailed.

A majority of 51% will be needed from across the 71 clubs to pass the notion of applying PPG to the tables if the season is curtailed.'

• Options
    That clip of Naby and Lacazette playing basketball is on Lacazette's Instagram feed, posted June last year
  • Options
    A big thank you to all the players back in training. Especially those who have contracts running down. Tells you a lot about Taylor. Top man.
  • Options
    Would like to know why they haven't turned up. 

• Options
    I presume the Prem team will be paying for the testing required for a friendly to take place?
  • Options
    Can’t at the moment as they’ve crippled cut and paste on iOS