Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bonne Confirmed

Comments

• Options
    I tell you what is good about Bonne, he is always able to step up and get in the right positions. 

If he can do that tonight, he will score. 
  • Options
    His xG based on quality of chances seems  high? For people saying he doesn't get chances. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Bonne the scapegoat 11 goals, 3 assists, 23 on target shots, 15 off target shots

Bamford 16 goals, 3 assists, 53 on target shots, 68 off target shots

Imagine how many Bonne might have scored for Leeds?
    Fantastic Statting. I have rounded comparative goals to shots to the nearest whole.  
    Bonne
    11 goals off 38 shots (3.45 shots per goal or 0.289 goals per shot)
    35 with Bamfords shots
    10 with Taylor's shots
    24 with Grant's shots 

Bamford
    16 goals off 121 shots. (7.56 shots per goal or 0.132 goals per shot)  
    5 with Bonne's shots
    4 with Taylor's shots
    11 with Grant's shots

Taylor
    11 goals off 34 shots. (3.09 shots per goal or 0.323 goals per shot)
    39 with Bamford's shots
    26 with Grant's shots 
    12 with Bonne's shots 

Grant
    18 Goals off 82 shots. (4.55 shots per goal or 0.219 goals per shot)
    26 with Bamfords shots
    7 with Taylors shots
    8 with Bonne's shots 

To the question asked the other day, "Can Bonne be better than Taylor?" He certainly has time on his side and in this struggling squad he has done bloody well.

Obviously stats only tell some of the story, but that's an important part of the story for me, create more and Bonne scores almost as many shots as Taylor.

He does need to become involved more to get more shots off, but if we can feed the Bonne, he will score. 
    Completely different players, rather impressed with Bonnes stats. I am not sure he offers much but if he keeps popping up with the goals that will be enough for me as goalscorers dont grow on trees. Not in the Bonne is shite brigade, just him and Taylor are completely different. LT does it on his own and has a bit more on the ball about him, also a great passing range. 

Fingers crossed Bonne can keep getting the goals and surely people will back off a bit. 
  • Options
    Lets put it simply. 

A player we signed for next to nothing from non-league has scored 11 goals in 30 odd games in his first season after stepping up 3 divisions. Not to mention he is playing for one of the worst sides in the division. Yes he has missed some decent chances but find me a striker at this level that hasn't.

Fucking good going if you ask me. Our number 9 next season no matter what division we are in and he has earned that.

Bonus that he is still young and is only going to get better.
    Agree
  • Options
    Lets put it simply. 

A player we signed for next to nothing from non-league has scored 11 goals in 30 odd games in his first season after stepping up 3 divisions. Not to mention he is playing for one of the worst sides in the division. Yes he has missed some decent chances but find me a striker at this level that hasn't.

Fucking good going if you ask me. Our number 9 next season no matter what division we are in and he has earned that.

Bonus that he is still young and is only going to get better.
    Completely agree with all of that! bang on! 
  • Options
    Bang a few in tonight Bonne.
  • Options
    When you put it that way, Bonne has done very well. 

Let’s set @Dazzler21 some homework.

how does this compare with the top scorers from Branford and Fulham 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Bonne the scapegoat 11 goals, 3 assists, 23 on target shots, 15 off target shots

Fantastic Statting. I have rounded comparative goals to shots to the nearest whole.  
    Bonne
    35 with Bamfords shots
    10 with Taylor's shots
    24 with Grant's shots 

Bamford
    5 with Bonne's shots
    4 with Taylor's shots
    11 with Grant's shots

Taylor
    39 with Bamford's shots
    26 with Grant's shots 
    12 with Bonne's shots 

Grant
    26 with Bamfords shots
    7 with Taylors shots
    8 with Bonne's shots 

To the question asked the other day, "Can Bonne be better than Taylor?" He certainly has time on his side and in this struggling squad he has done bloody well.

Obviously stats only tell some of the story, but that's an important part of the story for me, create more and Bonne scores almost as many shots as Taylor.

He does need to become involved more to get more shots off, but if we can feed the Bonne, he will score. 
    Interesting. Do we know how many shots were penalties for these players?
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Redrobo said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Bonne
    35 with Bamfords shots
    10 with Taylor's shots
    24 with Grant's shots 

Bamford
    5 with Bonne's shots
    4 with Taylor's shots
    11 with Grant's shots

Taylor
    39 with Bamford's shots
    26 with Grant's shots 
    12 with Bonne's shots 

Grant
    26 with Bamfords shots
    7 with Taylors shots
    8 with Bonne's shots 

Interesting. Do we know how many shots were penalties for these players?
    All stats are League only

Bonne 0 shots, 0 goals - Never missed one in the NL 11s/11g. 
    Taylor 3 shots, 3 goals
    Grant 7 shots, 1 miss, 6 goals
    Bamford 4 shots, 1 miss, 3 goals

making Bonne even better 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    When you put it that way, Bonne has done very well. 

Let’s set @Dazzler21 some homework.

how does this compare with the top scorers from Branford and Fulham 
    Do you mean Brentford and Fulham?

He's better than Mitrovic (0.245 GPS & 4.07 SPG -  5Pens - 4Pen Goals ) and marginally behind Watkins (0.301 gps & 3.32 spg - 2P - 1PG)

Bonne with Mit's chances = 31 goals
    Bonne with Watkins chances = 24 goals 

NOTE - BBC Report Bamford as 125 shots - Bonne could potentially have scored 36 goals with that. 

Chris Martin at Derby is the clinical one with 11 goals from 29 shots. (0.379 gps & 2.63 spg 2P - 2PG)
    If he were to have 125 shots that could be 47 goals. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Goals per shot without pens: 

Martin 0.333
    Watkins 0.296
    Bonne 0.289
    Taylor 0.258
    Mitrovic 0.217
    Grant 0.160
    Bamford 0.107

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Goals per shot without pens: 

Martin 0.333
    Watkins 0.296
    Bonne 0.289
    Taylor 0.258
    Mitrovic 0.217
    Grant 0.160
    Bamford 0.107

£50m striker if ever I’ve seen one. 

Bon Bonne.
  • Options
    Of course goals per shot stats can be a bit misleading, as it depends on how many speculative shots the striker takes from outside the box, but it does show that his conversion rate is perfectly respectable
  • Options
    As a team, leading up to the Wigan game, we had 21 shots on target in the previous 10 games and scored 4 goals so two shots on target on average per match. Against Wigan we had 6 on target and scored twice.

If we get 6 on target today I think we will score at least 2 goals. I can't help thinking though that we will spend 90 minutes defending the 18 yard box with little opportunity to counter.
  • Options
    As a team, leading up to the Wigan game, we had 21 shots on target in the previous 10 games and scored 4 goals so two shots on target on average per match. Against Wigan we had 6 on target and scored twice.

If we get 6 on target today I think we will score at least 2 goals. I can't help thinking though that we will spend 90 minutes defending the 18 yard box with little opportunity to counter.
    I reckon we will go for it.
  • Options

I reckon we will go for it.
    I really wish we had but 2-0 down and no shots on or off target from 20% possession says it all.
  • Options
    Those stats are great. Bonne aneke even davison will be useful in league 1 👍🏽👍🏽