Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bonne Confirmed

Comments

• Options
    It’s a tough one because he shouldn’t be a regular at this level yet. He should be a 4th choice striker for most championship sides.

I know he scored vs Wigan but I feel the ones he’s missed have been so key. I’d keep him for League one, but don’t know if I’d back him to bag double figures again unless he’s surrounded by some quality.
  • Options
    ads said:
    Hemed and Bonne, the biggest pile of shite up front since Church and Dickson
    Joker.

Read the last page and try to say that again.
  • Options
    As Bow said he was a project, that project had to go out of the window.
  • Options
    He'll be gone in the late summer 
  • Options
    He wasn't some spit and sawdust amateur at Orient, he was a full time pro!
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    He wasn't some spit and sawdust amateur at Orient, he was a full time pro!
    And his 11 goals in 33 appearances (1 in 3) show that he is good enough to be a pro at this level and the one below.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    I guess the advantage for him of staying is that he's now settled in, and indeed would be one of the "main men" next season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bonne also scored 5 of his goals in his first 9 games. In those matches that he did score in he had three creative players alongside him who proved to be major distractions for the opposition during that successful run -  Gallagher, Leko and Williams. That isn't a coincidence.

• Options
    The man in the right place at the right time
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I actually think he’ll do fairly well in L1 (if we’re allowed to play in it next season!). I wouldn’t be surprised if a Championship team makes an offer for him pretty much based on his stats from this season alone, 11 goals in 33 apps (without being on pens) looks very good on paper.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Do people really expext him to be with us next season? He's a saleable asset and our owners are out to make a fast buck. I can only see it ending one way.
  • Options
    ads said:
    Hemed and Bonne, the biggest pile of shite up front since Church and Dickson
    Drugs or blindness; hope it’s the former 
  • Options
    £1m. Fire sale about yo start? 
  • Options
    Will show what a joke we are at negotiating if he goes for less than £2m!!

Wigan's Kieffer Moore is older and scored less in the Championship this season yet thats the figure being mentioned for him

And thats no doubt because they're in Administration so players will no doubt be sold for a little less than what they'd be in a normal scenario 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2020
    The last part of the article makes no sense.

"The Valley outfit remain under a transfer embargo so they will be open to offers for their first team players"

Have i missed something? Surely the fact we're under an embargo would mean we're desperate to keep the very few players we do have, and it'd take really good offers for us to let them go? Not selling a guy who scored 11 goals for just 1m.
    Yeah the only reason we should be open to offers is if we get put into Administration as they're the most sellable assets

Unfortunately I see this as the plan from this lot, sell as many assets as possible, get rich quick and then abandon us
  • Options

"The Valley outfit remain under a transfer embargo so they will be open to offers for their first team players"

Have i missed something? Surely the fact we're under an embargo would mean we're desperate to keep the very few players we do have, and it'd take really good offers for us to let them go? Not selling a guy who scored 11 goals for just 1m.
    I don't understand our embargo, as surely it's not a complete embargo on signing players, but rather one that restricts fees or wages

Otherwise you could have a situation where we could sell several players for decent fees, have plenty of money in the bank, yet have to play a 16 year old and Sue Parkes up front!
  • Options
    Daddy_Pig said:
    Is he infuriating with the chances he misses? Sure

But 11 goals this season isn't to be sniffed at and most of the time he's been our only threat and marked out of games. 

Wright Phillips couldn't score for Toffee in this division and got the best part of 30 goals in league 1. I wouldn't be against Bonne going similar next year. 

If he put away all his chances he wouldn't be playing for us.
  • Options

I don't understand our embargo, as surely it's not a complete embargo on signing players, but rather one that restricts fees or wages

Otherwise you could have a situation where we could sell several players for decent fees, have plenty of money in the bank, yet have to play a 16 year old and Sue Parkes up front!
    Wouldnt we be allowed to sign a replacement for Bonne but they'd have to be on the same wages (or less) than what he's currently on?
  • Options
    edited July 2020

Stick a tray of vol au vents behind the goal and even Alfie would have trouble keeping up with her 😉.
  • Options

I don't get it either.

I've seen some reports saying we can't offer contracts to any senior players.
    Some reports saying we can, as long as we don't exceed our current wage bill.
    Some reports saying we can sign free transfers and loans as long as the EFL ok it.

No one seems to know. Can someone ask Chris Parkes please.
  • Options
    Judging by the speed the EFL move waiting for an ok to sign someone might take a while.
  • Options

The embargo is on new registrations.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Well during the embargo in January we lost Conor and Leko (possibly) gained Green, McGeady, Davis and Smith 
    so there was action allowed 

but only on loan guff coming in