Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bonne Confirmed

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2020
    PaddyP17 said:
    Based on the arm tattoos and other photos I've seen, I think Dennon Lewis is the one on the right, half-cropped out of the photo. So he's either on trial from Wealdstone/Love Island, or we've already signed him but have kept it under our hats.
    Okay I lolled but now I take it back, it looks just like Dennon Lewis. We probably could get him on £1300 a week.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Wearing the number 9 this season

Struggling to recognise the 3 players behind him in the middle photo....
    Adam Matthews on the far left of the top photo?
    Well that answers the third point in my last post!!
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    MarcusH26 said:
    Could the middle guy be John Bostock???? Was obviously a Gallen target in January before Toulouse messed it up. 
    Bostock would be a mental signing for us at this level!!

He had a three year deal with Toulouse though (signed in 2018) so unless they've released him
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    Based on the arm tattoos and other photos I've seen, I think Dennon Lewis is the one on the right, half-cropped out of the photo. So he's either on trial from Wealdstone/Love Island, or we've already signed him but have kept it under our hats.
    Okay I lolled but now I take it back, it looks just like Dennon Lewis. We probably could get him on £1300 a week.
    https://www.sportbible.com/football/reactions-news-transfers-love-island-contestant-dennon-lewis-linked-with-championship-move-20200630
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    https://www.sportbible.com/football/reactions-news-transfers-love-island-contestant-dennon-lewis-linked-with-championship-move-20200630
    Yeah I remember us being linked, didn't expect us to follow up on it. 

It's another body and he can score and assist, if he can do it at L1 then he's good enough. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Could the middle guy be John Bostock???? Was obviously a Gallen target in January before Toulouse messed it up. 

He had a three year deal with Toulouse though (signed in 2018) so unless they've released him
    We've got nothing Toulouse if we can sign him on a free.

• Options
    MattF said:

Think it’s actually Gilbey 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sammy391 said:
    MattF said:

Isnt Gilbey the one to the far right 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Lee Bowyer is hopeful that Adam Matthews will be at The Valley for the new campaign. The club's embargo means salaries will be capped at £1,300 per week for new signings, though if the takeover deal goes through, that will rise to £2,000pw.‎

It would be no surprise if Tom Lockyer is still plying his trade in SE7 during the 2020/21 season either.

Dr Kish
    http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1043332680?-11197:833
    To be fair after all the doom and gloom we could be starting the season with a decent team. What do people think the betting odds on us winning the league will be ?
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Lee Bowyer is hopeful that Adam Matthews will be at The Valley for the new campaign. The club's embargo means salaries will be capped at £1,300 per week for new signings, though if the takeover deal goes through, that will rise to £2,000pw.‎

It would be no surprise if Tom Lockyer is still plying his trade in SE7 during the 2020/21 season either.

Dr Kish
    We'd be a hell of a lot stronger with those two additions.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    ross1 said:

Dr Kish
    To be fair after all the doom and gloom we could be starting the season with a decent team. What do people think the betting odds on us winning the league will be ?
    Currently 5th favourite, 11/1 on betfair 

• Options
    sammy391 said:
    MattF said:

Isnt Gilbey the one to the far right 
    Apologies , think you’re right
  • Options
    I just want us to finish above Peterborough
  • Options
    I just want us to finish above Peterborough
    As long as they are not at the bottom  :)
  • Options
    I'd take a 2nd place behind Peterborough.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Dr Kish
    I really can't see either of those 2 signing for 1300 a week or even 2k a week. I'd be amazed if they can't get a better deal elsewhere.

If it did happen you'd have 2 of the clubs best players on the least money.

Anyone know (roughly) what sort of wage the likes of Davison and Morgan get?
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Dr Kish
    I really can't see either of those 2 signing for 1300 a week or even 2k a week. I'd be amazed if they can't get a better deal elsewhere.

What if they want to be in and around London... Suddenly the options look less attractive. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2020
    ross1 said:

Dr Kish
    That £2000 is just a calculated average. There's a total budget of £2.5m which doesn't include under 21s or loan players, so there is some flexibility to give certain new signings more.

IF we can come off the embargo
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

We've got nothing Toulouse if we can sign him on a free.
    Shake your head in shame, go sit on a step and think about what you have just done
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    ross1 said:

Dr Kish

I understood it that Lockyer has a current contract, he can walk away if he gets a better offer

edit....or what Leeds Addick said
  • Options
    11/1 !! I'm on that the second TS gets his deal done 
  • Options
    Lockyer was offered a new contract before the salary cap vote, sp may be able to sign that without it breaching new rules.  It was also said that he have notice of taking up the option to break his contract due to release clause - but it was strongly implied he had a month to find another club or could continue the final year of contract.

The club were talking to the EFL about offering Matthews a new contract.  You'd assume that was because they wanted to offer similar terms as last season.  Can't see the EFL waiving their new regulations for L1 though.
  • Options
    Bone has been given the number 9 shirt. I think that means he is staying. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Bostock was at Forest last season, maybe he hasn't signed again after they signed some dishonourable scumbag.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Bostock was on loan.  The loan was to be rescinded, and then he was supposed to come to us on loan.  Toulouse wouldn't rescind the loan, probably as they were guaranteed his wages were to be paid and unsure if our loan would succeed.