Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bonne Confirmed

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Without wanting to derail the thread, that picture sums Taylor up.
  • Options
    And yet during the lockdown 9 games, some people on here were slating Bonne for his terrible finishing
  • Options
    Callumcafc you really are a sadist putting this up  :)
  • Options
    I didn’t want to ignore Bonne’s achievements just because that traitor is also on the list.

Well done Macca.
  • Options
    I didn’t want to ignore Bonne’s achievements just because that traitor is also on the list.

Well done Macca.
    You could have cropped the screen 
  • Options

Well done Macca.
    You could have cropped the screen 
    Too much effort when I can just post the twitter link and it makes it look pretty automatically. :-)
  • Options

Well done Macca.
    Which traitor though? Taylor or Grant.  😁.  Charlton have not done good goal scorers for so many years and somehow when we do we tend to find a way to give them away for most or peanuts (Lookman and Bent aside)
  • Options
    why is grant a traitor. Roland wouldn’t offer him a contract until it was too late.

he has acted like a dick towards us after he left but a traitor is harsh. He did exactly what aribo and Bauer did, are they traitors
  • Options
    why is grant a traitor. Roland wouldn’t offer him a contract until it was too late.

he has acted like a dick towards us after he left but a traitor is harsh. He did exactly what aribo and Bauer did, are they traitors
    True, was tongue in cheek.  Hence the smiley face.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And yet during the lockdown 9 games, some people on here were slating Bonne for his terrible finishing
    You can quote the stats all you like. Bonne’s finishing was often criminally bad. Don’t let the last minute goal v Wigan blind us to reality. Yes he’s come on leaps and bounds and yes he’s a great lad who seems quite well adjusted but anyone who thinks he is the answer to our long term scoring drought is deluded. He’s just not that good. Sorry. Just my opinion. But then again my moniker sums me up and I know sod all about football. But if Bonne is the answer I haven’t a clue what the question is. Night night. Wibble. 
  • Options
    This stat says more about Bowyer’s ability to create quality strikers than anything else. None of those three (with charlton links) would have been anywhere near that without him.

It also shows how cripplingly mismanaged we have been over the last few years that Grant and Taylor have left for next to nothing.

Fair play to Bonne though, He’d be the first to admit he has a lot of improving to do, but what a great return on his first season outside of the conference. He came on leaps and bounds from the player who arrived last summer.
  • Options
    You can quote the stats all you like. Bonne’s finishing was often criminally bad. Don’t let the last minute goal v Wigan blind us to reality. Yes he’s come on leaps and bounds and yes he’s a great lad who seems quite well adjusted but anyone who thinks he is the answer to our long term scoring drought is deluded. He’s just not that good. Sorry. Just my opinion. But then again my moniker sums me up and I know sod all about football. But if Bonne is the answer I haven’t a clue what the question is. Night night. Wibble. 
    I am not deluded and think Bonne is a fantastic prospect and will score the goals we need this season and going forward. 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    I am not deluded and think Bonne is a fantastic prospect and will score the goals we need this season and going forward. 
    100% with you on this.
    Also don’t like sensible comments getting tagged as deluded.
  • Options
    I'm backing him for 20 goals if we have a half decent squad come the end of the window. 
  • Options
    Let us see what squad LB manages to assemble first, if he cannot put a reasonable one together Bonne will not stand a chance to excel. He needs a good team around him the same as any decent centre forward. I am sure if TS takes over and LB can get the players he wants (not necessarily big money) even if we have to wait until January for some, then Bonne will be a very good goal scorer
  • Options
    I just can’t see him scoring many , I think he’s too raw , the stats proved me wrong 
    if he plays a lot for us this year whoever we sign I don’t think we’ll go up 
    to me he’s back up 
    I predict he’ll get less than 15 league goals this season(excluding pens) 

• Options
    I just can’t see him scoring many , I think he’s too raw , the stats proved me wrong 
    to me he’s back up 

How do you explain him doing so much better in the Championship than BWP did?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    to me he’s back up 

You can’t see him scoring many, but think 15 excluding penalties is not many? Or are you saying 15 plus goals excluding penalties is a good return?

I predict he will get at least 1 in 2 played.
  • Options
    to me he’s back up 

If he gets 15 not including pens he will have done bloody well. LT probably only got that many without pens last time.
  • Options
    Im predicting he gets 20 goals by January an offer comes in for £48.50 from Millwall and Bonne leaves sticking 2 fingers up saying have that.
    This leads to CL going into meltdown for 47 years
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    to me he’s back up 

How do you explain him doing so much better in the Championship than BWP did?
    Lucky streak or as I say I’m wrong 

I’m predicting between 0 and 14 is his return this season in terms of League One goals (excluding pens) 

if he’s our main man we’re not going up imo 

and of course 14 is reasonable for a return but I just see him as raw and not enough football nous as yet he may come good but League One is his limit imo 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    to me he’s back up 

You can’t see him scoring many, but think 15 excluding penalties is not many? Or are you saying 15 plus goals excluding penalties is a good return?

I predict he will get at least 1 in 2 played.
    I predict he’ll not do as well as 1 in 2 played 

I think he’ll be back up if we get some dough 

work in progress 
  • Options
    I know what you mean but despite his limitations he’s a goalscorer and this is only League 1. Paul Benson was a lot more limited than Bonne and still scored 10 for us.

Bowyer wants another striker so Bonne might not even play regularly, especially if we stick with 4-5-1/4-3-3. Bonne only really fits into that as the main striker.
  • Options
    Given we're after another striker the expectation will surely be that they should have the potential to score 15-20 goals over a season. If we bring in someone worse than Bonne then that's not really going to improve the squad.
  • Options
    Bonne may not be the greatest of finishers (yet) but one thing he does have is great positional sense. How many times after lockdown was he in the right place at the right time? This is a skill that should be considered when assessing him and means he can miss a few because he’ll have more chances than many. I know this flies in the face of those season long stats but it is my post lockdown opinion.