Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bonne Confirmed

Comments

• Options
    QPR mate asked me about Bonne. I said decent stats, not the all round game but if he played for an attacking team and with a fair wind he may get 20 goals in the Championship.  A poor man's Andy Cole.  I would want £5M if he were to go and if we were allowed to reinvest it.  We will prob roll over for £500K to pay salaries if the sale of the club does not happen before Nov.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Jordan Hugill scored 6 in 37 for Boro in 18/19 followed by 13 in 39 for QPR in 19/20. Norwich just bought him for over 3m. He was never prolific for Preston prior to that.

We should be asking for north of 2m for Bonne. If we can get 2.5 and a sell-on that’s worth taking IMO. 1.5 is not enough.
  • Options
    Fans live in a Football Manager / FIFA video game dream world if they think we should be getting rid of Bonne

Four Championship teams apparently want him, yet fans with all their "knowledge" think he's shit!!
    Have they put in bids or is that just paper talk / rumour/bollox 

Come back to me when a Championship club bids that amount. 
  • Options
    We are a club in turmoil at the moment so teams are going to take the piss with derisory offers. I think around the £2.5m mark is probably about right for him. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    We are a club in turmoil at the moment so teams are going to take the piss with derisory offers. I think around the £2.5m mark is probably about right for him. 
    I think Kieffer Moore was a good base point for Bonne - He has done a bit more at Championship level but only got ten goals last season

He went from Wigan for £2m this summer, a reminder too that Jamal Lowe went for £500k when Wigan signed him for £2m

My point being that if Wigan can be poached for their best Striker for £2m (also a full International, albeit with England "B") in their current plight then yeah Bonne is £2.5m / £3m minimum, maybe even £4m what with Macca being slightly younger... To be honest just to see us saying no to clubs (even with Phillips who will surely go) is really refreshing
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Strange that Bonne has so much more of a a fan club on this forum than KAG ever did. And KAG was a much better player. 
    Excuse me! Please go and do some research on who said what. You will probably find that there were a huge amount of fans that loved KAG and defended him when things were not going so well.
  • Options
    Give him time, once proper match sharpness and confidence comes, he'll be back in the goals.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞
  • Options
    If he stays this season id have a charity bet with anyone that he will score more than Washington this season. Hes already behind so its a good bet?😶
  • Options
    If he stays this season id have a charity bet with anyone that he will score more than Washington this season. Hes already behind so its a good bet?😶
    Kin ell , how bad is Washington then .... I’ve not seen Washington but if he looks like the ball isn’t toblerone shaped with his first touch I’ll have a bet ... I just want one match to see Washington 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Redrobo said:
    Chunes said:
    Strange that Bonne has so much more of a a fan club on this forum than KAG ever did. And KAG was a much better player. 
    Excuse me! Please go and do some research on who said what. You will probably find that there were a huge amount of fans that loved KAG and defended him when things were not going so well.
    There were some of us. There were not huge amounts. The general consensus was that he was shit and could be replaced. Hence why KAG has nothing good to say about us these days.

Don't want to derail this into a KAG discussion. The point was that he and Bonne are held to very different standards. 

• Options
    I think Kieffer Moore was a good base point for Bonne - He has done a bit more at Championship level but only got ten goals last season

He went from Wigan for £2m this summer, a reminder too that Jamal Lowe went for £500k when Wigan signed him for £2m

My point being that if Wigan can be poached for their best Striker for £2m (also a full International, albeit with England "B") in their current plight then yeah Bonne is £2.5m / £3m minimum, maybe even £4m what with Macca being slightly younger... To be honest just to see us saying no to clubs (even with Phillips who will surely go) is really refreshing
    Bonne is also still quite raw, with the right man alongside him he will flourish I’m sure. 
  • Options

Bonne is also still quite raw, with the right man alongside him he will flourish I’m sure. 
    12 in 39 agrees with this.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    Redrobo said:
    Chunes said:
    There were some of us. There were not huge amounts. The general consensus was that he was shit and could be replaced. Hence why KAG has nothing good to say about us these days.

Don't want to derail this into a KAG discussion. The point was that he and Bonne are held to very different standards. 

I think the comments on twitter and instagram calling him a rapist and being racist towards him did that.
    Not to mention his reception when Huddersfield came to the Valley last season
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    Redrobo said:
    Chunes said:

I think the comments on twitter and instagram calling him a rapist and being racist towards him did that.

On your comment of different standards, Karlan was given what 3 seasons before he came good? He was one of our own which meant people actually gave him more time than the likes of Churchinho to come good. 

When he did it was a huge relief, but Karlan spent those 3 seasons in the Championship and League 1

Bonne has come from playing against the likes of Sutton and Braintree. Of course he's going to be more raw. His longest spell of games was in the National League. 
    His manager at Hudds commented that he said he was never rated here. I'm sure it's probably both and it's just another fascet to this bizarre relationship many fans had with him. 

It will be pointless to go into a discussion comparing being an 18-year-old thrown in at the deep end or a more mature player coming from the non-leagues in terms of rawness.

It's just lucky for Bonne he has such a fan club, eh? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All this talk about holding onto Bonne really shows our current plight. The last striker we spoke of that we couldn't afford to let go was slightly a different level all together.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    Redrobo said:
    Chunes said:

Bonne has come from playing against the likes of Sutton and Braintree. Of course he's going to be more raw. His longest spell of games was in the National League. 
    I thought he scored in the Championship against both Leeds and West Brom, the top 2 automatically promoted? 
  • Options
    Thought Washington was better than Bonne against Donny. Bonne doesn't win enough in the air for me. 
  • Options
    He's for sale at the right price then (understandably as with every player).

Would the figure need to reach 7 figures before they take seriously?
  • Options
    He's for sale at the right price then (understandably as with every player).

Would the figure need to reach 7 figures before they take seriously?
    Apparently it already has reached that figure; £1.5m was rejected from four clubs according to one jounalist

Although that could easily have been Agent shit stiring
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I can't fathom why people think Bonne is easily replaceable when he scored 11 goals in the Championship last season but then some people are weird with strikers. The only way we were able to get Bonne in the first place is because we could target a National League team and take their player for cheap. To find an equivalent player with that many goals in that league last season you would need millions. Here's some of the strikers around Bonne last season:
    Famara Diedhiou - 13 goals - £5.3m (club record)
    George Puskas - 12 goals - £7.5m
    Britt Assombalonga - 11 goals - £15m
    Ashley Fletcher - 11 goals - £6.5m
    Sure, you can also unearth gems for less, but you have to either find them in lower leagues and take a punt, like we did with Bonne, or get a player in their way down who hasn't worked out at his current club. Proven goalscorers at the level Bonne has hit are expensive as hell, and even if you don't think he's very good the idea that we could replace him with something better easily is a bit wishful. Especially as we'd currently have to offer this superstar £1,300 a week
    Just look @ Stuart Fleetwood when we were in the Championship

He was two years older than Bonne but scored more goals for Forest Green

Signing players from Non-League regardless is such a risk

Would love to know the last Striker who jumped from that level to the second tier with such a successful season

(Jamie Vardy only got four goals when he moved from Fleetwood to Leicester)
  • Options
    I can't fathom why people think Bonne is easily replaceable when he scored 11 goals in the Championship last season but then some people are weird with strikers. The only way we were able to get Bonne in the first place is because we could target a National League team and take their player for cheap. To find an equivalent player with that many goals in that league last season you would need millions. Here's some of the strikers around Bonne last season:
    Famara Diedhiou - 13 goals - £5.3m (club record)
    George Puskas - 12 goals - £7.5m
    Britt Assombalonga - 11 goals - £15m
    Ashley Fletcher - 11 goals - £6.5m
    Sure, you can also unearth gems for less, but you have to either find them in lower leagues and take a punt, like we did with Bonne, or get a player in their way down who hasn't worked out at his current club. Proven goalscorers at the level Bonne has hit are expensive as hell, and even if you don't think he's very good the idea that we could replace him with something better easily is a bit wishful. Especially as we'd currently have to offer this superstar £1,300 a week
    Just look @ Stuart Fleetwood when we were in the Championship

He was two years older than Bonne but scored more goals for Forest Green

Signing players from Non-League regardless is such a risk

Would love to know the last Striker who jumped from that level to the second tier with such a successful season

(Jamie Vardy only got four goals when he moved from Fleetwood to Leicester)
    Jamie Vardy is an excellent example. I did a comparison between the two last season and it took Vardy a couple of years to get going, and he cost north of £1m, which was a non-league record in 2012. We spent £1.5m on Izale bloody Mcleod after he'd had a couple of good seasons in L1 and L2 back in 2007, and he went on to score one Championship goal in his entire career.
    What a Striker achieves before they come to Charlton is why its so irrelevant

In recent years we've primarily looked at the stats (partly thanks to Mowgli) and gone purely on what a player has achieved before

Look at Peterborough, their recent Strikers with their goals scored the year before joining were:

Assombalonga: 15-goals on loan for Southend (from Watford)
    Marriott: 8-goals for Luton
    Tony: 8-goals on loan @ Shrewsbury | 4-goals on loan @ Wigan (from Newcastle)

Mo Eisa | Matt Godden | Clarke-Harris, none of them had smashed the scoring charts

But they're a club that know how to spot a Striker because (no doubt) they scout him bloody properly

Charlton fan reaction for majority of those would probably be: "Why are signing him, he's barely scored before"