Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bonne Confirmed

Comments

• Options
    MattF said:
    Have Leyton Orient got a sell-on clause ?
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Have Leyton Orient got a sell-on clause ?
    Colchester got a 30 percent sell on fee when we bought him, so I imagine Orient will have something similar 
  • Options
    MattF said:
    So have four clubs got it wrong or is his agent making it all up?...
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    MattF said:
    So have four clubs got it wrong or is his agent making it all up?...
    Swansea interested are the ones that dont make too much sense but they need an option seeing they're not getting Brewster back

The other three will always struggle for goals so it makes sense looking at him
  • Options
    And also we are under embargo so can’t reinvest the fee anyway 
  • Options
    Clarke-Harris went to Peterboro for £1.2m & is a better striker imo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's got nine goals in the Championship over a season and a half

Might be better at this level but Bonne can step up to the Championship whereas I question if Clarke-Harris can
  • Options
    So, we could become the new feeder club for Huddersfield at this rate...🤔😣
  • Options
    He's got nine goals in the Championship over a season and a half

Might be better at this level but Bonne can step up to the Championship whereas I question if Clarke-Harris can
    27 and has scored 53 league goals in 231 appearances ranging from League Two to the Championship.

Not sure I would risk reinvesting the money into a player like that when Bonne is likely to continue to improve. 
    Yeah, and Bonne's still only 24.

• Options
    Worth pointing out that Karlan Grant is a year younger and only scored eight more goals last season than Bonne last season

Anyone who thinks we should be accepting just 10% of what clubs are offering for Grant are as bad as Katrien Meire at negotiating!! 
    And the 8 goals difference were all penalties.

Out of interest, how many pens did Karlan Grant convert last season?
    Might give a true indication of Bonne's progress.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    5 mill with a 30% sell on fee and then we’ve got a deal.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Strange that Bonne has so much more of a a fan club on this forum than KAG ever did. And KAG was a much better player. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Strange that Bonne has so much more of a a fan club on this forum than KAG ever did. And KAG was a much better player. 
    KAG got 1 goal in 23 appearances for us in 17/18

up until 18/19 KAG had 2 goals in 52 appearances

He’s a better player now for sure but Bonne is better now than he was then 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I don't disagree that Grant was probably a bit underrated because of Lyle next to him, but he hadn't scored 10+ goals in the Championship at the time which Bonne has done
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Chunes said:

I think KAG offered a bit more to the team in general than Bonne does

Why have you cherry picked the stats like that? 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

I haven’t cherry picked stats, his goal scoring record was why he was criticised at the time
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

I haven’t cherry picked stats, his goal scoring record was why he was criticised at the time
    You have. He scored 14 goals in a season before he left (before season ended). And he was a kid. 

And he was still criticised. Everyone said he'd be easily replaced.

It's just another example really. The Bonne fan club, which is large, rushes to defend him. I just find it strange. KAG was and is a far better player. Did more for the team. Nobody gave a shit. Yet somehow, Bonne who practically does f--- all other than show up in the right spot, is everyone's hero. I find it baffling.
    I backed Karlan as well just for the record

I knew he just needed to be given an opportunity and a bit of faith rather than a bunch of cameos - Its why I remain interested in his progress as think he can go far.

End of the day, Karlan and Macca's job is the same... Score goals!! - If they can each do more for the team then great, but if they're not popping up in the area countless times to at least try and score then they're not doing the job they're supposed to be doing

If Bonne were to go missing and not be there when the team are creating chance then your right he should be sold because he's not doing what he should be.

I'll also refer back to the one v one that Bonne missed against Wigan, that day he gor pelters but not one person stopped to realise that if Andy Marshall doesnt do his job (to stop goals) then he's not a good player either and the outcome for both is instantly reversed
  • Options
    Stats, especially goal scoring stats, I think can be misleading

Sometimes it's not the amount of goals but when they're scored.

As an example it's 0-0 and your striker pops up with one goal and means you get three points as opposed to your team leading 3-0 and your striker gets two goals to make it 5-0 (not that we are ever in that position).
  • Options
    Bonne scored about 1 in 3 in the championship, very good considering he came from non league. However 33 games ish in the championship is a pretty small sample size as to wether he can cut it. Under normal circumstances we should bite their hand off for 1.5m imo. Of course trouble is now we can’t sign anyone and would be left with Washington and Aneke (whose never fit). If we were run normally we’d make a good profit on Bonne is the space of 1 year and re invest the money in a better striker and have money left over for other players!