Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Barnsley threatening EFL ahead of Disciplinary action for Wednesday, Derby & Birmingham

Comments

• Options
    Sage said:
    A 12 point deduction now is crap. Really with everything they’ve done, the non-compliance, the cover ups, it ought to be 16 point deduction now with a further 9 should they do anything else within the next 3 years of FFP, or something along those lines.

12 is nothing when you look at what they’ve done and that the automatic penalty for administration is 12. This is far worse.
    if they get deducted points and stay up then I agree, if they go down, it doesn’t really matter
  • Options
    I hate these x amount of points deducted now and y points suspended. Just a cop out.
    12 points will make it difficult to escape relegation but not impossible. 
  • Options
    Did they not suspend points for Birmingham and then when they did it again (this season) decide to not deduct them?
  • Options
    I would temper everything by saying that it's not official yet & it appears to be just from someone at Derby. Might find it's not true at all. 
  • Options
    12 deducted now and another 9 suspended and deducted if they sell the ground that they no longer own, again?  I see a problem in the second part !
  • Options
    They should just be relegated but, if that post is accurate and it’s a 12 point deduction now and a further 9 suspended to stop you being naughty boys again, then that’s ridiculous.  If you get caught cheating again after this, the penalty shouldn’t be less than the one you’ve just been given.  You should just be thrown out! 

As for a taxi firm firm with no taxis being a major sponsor, was Meire taking lessons from Chris Grayling?? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A 12 point deduction would put them on 40.

If we assume Wigan also have their 12 point deduction then the bottom 4 is:

Barnsley 42
    Wigan 41
    Luton 41
    Wednesday 40

4 points from our last 4 games would surely see us safe.
  • Options
    I know Wednesday have jumped through hoops(stripes) and broken the rules regarding FairPlay or spend or whatever it is and to cover up the money spunked ....has the owner put real hardcore dough in to the club with all the ridiculous sponsorship/ground sale etc  fancy accounting or has he heaped more debt onto the club ?

does anyone know ?

yes rules are broken and punishment is due 

but if terry fuckwit wants to spunk dough on his hobby i believe he should be allowed to as long as it’s all legit and it’s not wracking up debt or moving shit further down the line .

• Options
    I wouldn't mind if we won our next 2 games and ensured safety, that we then lost to Wigan and that helped them stay up at Wednesday's expense.

Feel sorry for Wigan and their fans, whilst it's clear Wednesday have just blatantly tried to cheat, and still are cheating when you read about their sponsorship deals.

Would love Wigan to stay up and Wednesday drop. Will be pretty disappointed if the reverse happens, as Wednesday deserve to get relegated for this.
    Agreed it’s quite clear which one of the two deserve the deduction. I’m rooting for Wigan to stay up, as long as it’s not at our expense! 
  • Options
    Don't underestimate the 'massive' factor of Weds influencing the EFL decision. They really don't care about clubs like Wigan, but would be hesitant to relegate a big fanbase club. My prediction is they bottle it and suspend the sentence fully.
  • Options
    Derby’s case not heard yet so they would be advised to keep it shut IMO.

The Rooney farce should be sorted. Take his full time pay and compare it to the highest paid assistant coach. Maybe allow him a bit more - but certainly not more than the head coach.
    Adjust for the fact that Rooney is only a part-time coach. Work out the % that is coaching and the balance will represent him as a player. Apply those % to the transfer and wages and put them into the accounts.

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    Derby’s case not heard yet so they would be advised to keep it shut IMO.

The Rooney farce should be sorted. Take his full time pay and compare it to the highest paid assistant coach. Maybe allow him a bit more - but certainly not more than the head coach.
    Adjust for the fact that Rooney is only a part-time coach. Work out the % that is coaching and the balance will represent him as a player. Apply those % to the transfer and wages and put them into the accounts.

I believe it was The Derby County Museum that tweeted that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rooney has played all but one game since he joined Derby, and especially with the current 2 games a week schedule, he'll be doing very little coaching as he'll be saving himself for matches
  • Options
    Can you shine any light on this @bobmunro?
  • Options
    cabbles said:

This has come from Wayne Rooney as part of his ‘museum communications/player’ role for which 95% of his salary is for the communication element.
    If Derby get hit with a deduction, it will simply be referred to as ‘Wayne Rooney’s 12 point deduction’ 

The town of Derby will gradually be renamed Wayne Rooney and street names will be named after his loved ones 
    I heard that the post code for Derby (DE) is changing to WR 
  • Options

No, sorry.
    I've heard nothing from my contacts - that said, I haven't asked!!
  • Options
    kafka said:
    Don't underestimate the 'massive' factor of Weds influencing the EFL decision. They really don't care about clubs like Wigan, but would be hesitant to relegate a big fanbase club. My prediction is they bottle it and suspend the sentence fully.
    You mean a big club like Leeds? 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

No, sorry.
    I've heard nothing from my contacts - that said, I haven't asked!!
    Fair enough. I guess I'll have to try the championship museum mafia instead!
  • Options
    The championship is like the premier league's unlucky brother that never made it like he did and spiralled into a sustained period of drug and alcohol abuse!
    Your right but as is often the case the brother could have been a success in his own right if he hadn't been consumed by jealousy and had taken his own path without trying to copy his brother.