Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club For A Quid protest (Aug 2020)

Comments

• Options
    @RodneyCharltonTrotta yep I’ve taken a hammering and it’s unjust but fortunately i can just view it as one of those things I’ve been involved in protests in the past Cafc related and I just thought today it had the opportunity to give the owners/official Cafc team to come out with tonight’s statement which damages the efforts of many today!. 
  • Options
    Some proper Ian Walkers on this site 
  • Options
    It’s a huge shame that today has ended with these incidents coming to light and the club’s immediate media response. 

Whilst the supposed actions mentioned in the media note from the club are despicable (and while it’s great of Olly to come on here so quickly with an added explanation, I don’t feel the full description of what happened was necessary, even just stating some damage happened would have been plenty), we as a whole here should stand proud of the majority of fans today and the organisers for a superbly run event (in most today) and a wonderful collection for charity. 
  • Options
    I know you probably can't say @Ollywozere but who came up with that statement ? 
    The comms team alongside the SMT. We spent a lot of time deliberating over it as it's an extremely sensitive subject. It's no secret that the staff generally are supportive of the fans and the planned protest today which I want to emphasise and we're desperate not to give any impression of an 'us against them' scenario as we are all in it together. 
    The actions of certain individuals shouldn't take away from the overall message of the protest, but some of the stuff was clearly unacceptable and only risks undermining that message. It does no damage to the likes of Elliott or Farnell, the only damage it does is to the staff that have to deal with it and to the reputations of those individuals themselves. 
    We wanted to strike that balance in the statement provided to media and I hope that's understandable to most. We don't want anyone to think there's any criticism of today's protest in general. 

Perhaps if they had piped up whilst the club has been torn apart the past few years days like today would not have happened.  Don't lecture proper fans whilst you have have sat there silent and pumping out the pro ownership stuff whilst rome burned. 

I would accept that tweet today if @cafcofficial had not sat by idley whilst people were ripping off the club but easy to give fans a kicking isn't it whilst staying silent on the real wronguns.

Shameful.

No one is lecturing 'proper' fans, that's kind of the point. There's nothing proper about stealing from the club you support. 
    As I explained, I understand this a hugely sensitive subject and it's not my individual call to provide the statement, but I did my best to help strike the balance. 
    If you and others feel we got it wrong, then that's fair enough and I obviously respect you and "Airman Brown"'s opinion on the matter.
    But I assure you, we're not trying to undermine anything done by the fans. As always, we're just trying our best in a shitty and stressful situation.
    Was there a split on whether a statement should go out, or whether the fan groups should have been quietly contacted?

I could be very wrong but feels like the way statement was written in a compromising way to keep everyone involved in it happy
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Why does the club have a games console?

How did they know it was missing so quickly when they have must have skeleton staff working on weekend?
    Agreed. What’s to say one of ESI’s men took it and had blamed the fans? 
  • Options
    So apparently somebody stole the playstation from the cafc board room today! Absolutely 
    muggy! No need for it... If you wanted a few quid we'd of all rallied round and got ya some! You don't nick off ya own doorstep and most certainly wasn't needed today! Everyone's hard work up the fucking swanny cos some little tit couldn't keep his grubby hands off other people's stuff!

From Facebook group. 
    Someone somewhere must know who nicked the playstation?

If you know that person or even are the person, FFS just give it back.
    I completely agree with your sentiments.
    Without wishing to deflect or trivialise the debate, does anybody else find it faintly hilarious that there is a Playstation in the boardroom?
    I now have a mental image of Murray, Chappel, Whitehand et al hunkering down to a spot of Crash Team Racing, with Sherry and Crisps,whilst Dowie was out losing the team
  • Options
    Please read my first sentence, Charltonbyblood!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't believe you can nick a games console and walk out without anyone seeing . Hopefully the toerag will be forced to own up. 
  • Options
    Anyway, pissing in the sinks is somewhat better than pissing up the fans backs as has been the case for months.
  • Options
    The club will tell us how vital that console was to our tactics, as it proved bringing Naby up front in the last 5 minutes could lead to 3 goals per season. 
  • Options
    Should the statement have gone on the website, probably, but it doesn't get away from or excuse a few knuckle heads pi55ing in the sinks and stealing which is likely to detract from what was otherwise a really good event/protest and a really strong message.

The staff in many respects have had as torrid a time as us fans, not least because many are fans themselves and their jobs puts food on the table as well.

Real shame.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    Let’s put this in prospective. 
    This mob paid a £1, have been quaffing the wine, dining out, living in luxury flats, driving around in Range Rovers, giving out money to wives and friends, lying to all and sundry.

I know this does nothing to make their actions other than disappointing, and the biggest issue is it could detract from what we want out there, but in the overall scheme of things it should not be an issue.

Surely us as fans (and let's be honest the majority are) should be better than that. 

You can't moan about the cretins who have been taking from our club, and then defend fans for essentially doing the same, all be it on a much smaller level, thing.
  • Options
    If this games console was stolen today, the person would surely have had to be alone in the boardroom. If the boardroom was further occupied (as seen in all the social media photos today) then others would have seen someone picking it up and putting in a bag. 
  • Options
    WTF is old Marian going on about there?

Don't trust this f****r for one minute
    Marian has effectively echoed what Olly has just said further up this page

Keep it off the official channels to avoid it looking as though the fans are being lectured

He's right though, the fans cannot remain divided like this, we wont get anywhere if we want to continue bickering amongst ourselves about what individuals are doing as right and wrong. Which is another reason why it was kept off the official chanels as bet there will be plenty of fans who do still solely rely on the website for information and wont use forums / social media
  • Options
    FishCostaFortune said:
    Redrobo said:
    Let’s put this in prospective. 
    This mob paid a £1, have been quaffing the wine, dining out, living in luxury flats, driving around in Range Rovers, giving out money to wives and friends, lying to all and sundry.

I know this does nothing to make their actions other than disappointing, and the biggest issue is it could detract from what we want out there, but in the overall scheme of things it should not be an issue.

Surely us as fans (and let's be honest the majority are) should be better than that. 

You can't moan about the cretins who have been taking from our club, and then defend fans for essentially doing the same, all be it on a much smaller level, thing.
    Elliott and Co have been taking a dump in the sinks!!!
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    [snip]One of our own who would have been there today , Jean King  entered the Greenwich and Bexley Hospice yesterday and it's life long supporters like her that are reeling from the events of recent months. 

It is for Jean and many others who may never take their seats at The Valley again that we fight the good fight for our famous football club.  

And they know we shall not be defeated.

Can you send her our love @Fanny Fanackapan ?
    And from me too ❤️
    From all of us, @Fanny Fanackapan.
  • Options
    Always some idiot that has to spoil things for everyone (how ironic that that definition fits Nimer, Southall et al), but would like to think that before this amount of detail made the national media the fans groups responsible (pretty easily identifiable) should've been given the chance to return to sort out the issues whilst the guilty parties were identified.