Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

You know you're getting old when.

Comments

• edited January 2021
    When the unit I measure mu milk in, is a pint. 

• Solidgone said:
    Choosing a shopping trolley over a basket. 
    That’s not getting older, that’s getting smarter...
  • T_C_E said:
    When everyone seems want instant success or have an entitlement to be told information.
    This time last year we had a chairman lying through his teeth about transfer targets and spending the clubs money on cars and flats and we didn’t even know if we’d be starting 2021 with a football club to follow. Lee Bowyer was the only constantly good thing about it keeping the supporters onside even though the football was a bit hit and miss. Now we have a good owner who wants to support club in the right way, build slowly on the foundation that’s in place, while Lee Bowyer does the same thing with his squad. Will the owner get it right everytime? Of course he won’t, will Lee Bowyer pick a winning side or get the tactics right for every game? Of course he won’t. Does it make them shit at their jobs? Of course it don’t. 
    But then again, I’m getting old what do I know🤷‍♂️
    Getting???
  • T_C_E said:
    When everyone seems want instant success or have an entitlement to be told information.
    This time last year we had a chairman lying through his teeth about transfer targets and spending the clubs money on cars and flats and we didn’t even know if we’d be starting 2021 with a football club to follow. Lee Bowyer was the only constantly good thing about it keeping the supporters onside even though the football was a bit hit and miss. Now we have a good owner who wants to support club in the right way, build slowly on the foundation that’s in place, while Lee Bowyer does the same thing with his squad. Will the owner get it right everytime? Of course he won’t, will Lee Bowyer pick a winning side or get the tactics right for every game? Of course he won’t. Does it make them shit at their jobs? Of course it don’t. 
    But then again, I’m getting old what do I know🤷‍♂️
    Getting???
    Grrr, feck off ya little bleeder. 
  • Wearing vests (singlets). 
  • You wonder for about 0.3 seconds how you get the Corn Flakes box back in the fridge.
  • edited January 2021
    Stig said:
    The you see things that aren't there and don't see things that are there. I've only just realised that @guinnessaddick's avatar is a picture of two mugs, on on top of the other. I always thought it was a chimp wearing a Charlton hat.
    On my phone, I see Limeygent's avatar as a black & white minstrel wearing a beret.
  • Sponsored links:

• ozaddick said:
    when you’re telling stories about double dropping in your raving days and your workmate tells you he was crawling around in nappies that year. 
    Wait until you've got snow on the roof mate 😉
  • ozaddick said:
    when you’re telling stories about double dropping in your raving days and your workmate tells you he was crawling around in nappies that year. 
    Used to laugh at my Manager when he said he was passing his Driving Test when I was still at primary school

Had the exact same thing myself a month or two ago
  • When they say at your funeral, he had a good innings. 
  • edited January 2021
    You use your own experience of injuries to judge the injuries of a professional athlete just 5 years younger than you and realise your current injury would have you retire if you were also a pro. :(
  • You walk into the sitting room and spend a good 3 seconds talking to a lump of firewood, while you change a playlist, thinking it's one of your dogs. Only realised it weren't him when I was shocked to see him.on the sofa and done a proper shake of the head
  • when you have to look up what year it is as you’re not sure (me on Tuesday)
  • It’s 2021 in case you’re wondering...
  • When you ask Alexa if she is okay?
  • You're watching the snooker thinking, that Stuart Bingham he's eleven years younger than me!
  • Sponsored links:

• When someone at work says they were born in 1999. Shouldn't they be at a school?
  • When you look at this thread and EVERYTHING rings true.
  • I may have already posted this.........but I can’t be certain.🤔
  • I may have already posted this.........but I can’t be certain.🤔
    I might have seen it before, but I'm not sure.

• I'm 25 and I know that...
  • You see that Gary Nelson is now in his 60s :-( 
  • When you wake up on a cold day & both hips & both knees are aching, I’m 41! 

• I'm 25 and I know that...
    Did grandad 👴 show you?😀 or did you learn that in a history lesson at school? ☹️