Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The dangers of fast food

KFC, McDonald's, burger king plus a lot more.

What are they good for?

2 things

1) Jobs
2) Nothing 

They are addictive, dangerous and bad for the mind body and spirit. It is a step backwards. We are very gradually evolving in completely the wrong direction. We are just going to get weaker and softer. 

It also carries the harsh reality where enormous amounts of farm animals have to live rather short cruel pointless lives. 

It is very irresponsible. It makes us lazy. It doesn't help the population and it's just another highlight of our bunch of natural weaknesses.

I think and hope we can manage to just completely ditch it all. I'm only talking about major fast food chains.

We are our own worst enemy.

We think and feel like we now need it...but we don't, at all. 

We think it is a treat. It's not.

https://youtu.be/d-DDbXh1MYc

This video will also inform you.

Our lives are precious. From what we know, it is actually incredibly unlikely for us to be alive and within this present day and time.

It's about gratitude, working hard, staying fit and healthy. Making the most out of things.

"Fast food" is a step backwards. It makes the day go quicker. It reduces work ethic and can damage mental health. 

It felt like a privilege...but it is something we really do not need.

If you are fit and healthy and you feel completely fine, then you will certainly probably not agree with any of what I am saying. You are independent and you can make your own mind up to stay away from this sort of thing. A McDonald's will probably just feel like a good treat to have every now and again. 

Other people can't though. They are addicted and it is a drug. It's a revolving door and a continuous step backwards.

They just get fat and might as well say bye to whatever sort of life they may have hoped for.

I'd love it if every fast food chain refused to serve me and I was all of a sudden never actually allowed to have any of it. 

Sure, I would feel like I missed it for a bit. After a month of no fast food at all...I would probably be thinking about it.

But, as time goes on...I simply eventually probably just wouldn't care anymore. Fast food would no longer be of interest. The body has changed its mind...it no longer cares. I would have also saved a lot of money. 

Everyone would also likely be a much better cook. General knowledge of everything about food would rise.

I'm not fat and I'm not unhealthy at present. I could be a lot better though. Everyone else could be a lot better.

I think it is important to have to make an effort towards eating and drinking. 

Teenagers are probably the most vunarable towards the nature of just ordering take-aways at home every night...if they have the money. They might not be able to stop as it is simply just too easy.

"We are what we eat".

Comments

• What's a lot more healthy that can be churned out at the rate the current fast food can, for the same cost price, that is just as appealing to the masses?
  • Thanks for “informing” us. 
  • I gave up reading after this:
     They are addictive, dangerous and bad for the mind body and spirit.

it is no more addictive, dangerous or bad for the mind body and spirit than any other types of food, 
  • I think it is true to say they're bad for the animals that get killed to provide something for some humans to consume.
  • Sponsored links:

• who doesn't love a Bacon Double Cheeseburger 

Me.
    Have you ever had one?
  • edited January 2021
    Addickted said:
    who doesn't love a Bacon Double Cheeseburger 

Me.
    Have you ever had one?

I wasn’t born/raised vegan.
  • edited January 2021
    I like chicken nuggets and have them about once a month, maybe more if I'm in a bad mood. I recognise it's just firing up all kinds of reward centres in my brain, but hey ho, so does sex and cocaine. 

I was put off eating regular takeaway for years after watching Supersize Me and seeing the effect it had on his health. 

The reaction so far is very British, isn't it. Don't farkin tell me wot to do, don't care if it's good for me, I'll do the opposite!
  • Chunes said:
    I like chicken nuggets and have them about once a month, maybe more if I'm in a bad mood. I recognise it's just firing up all kinds of reward centres in my brain, but hey ho, so does sex and cocaine. 

I was put off eating regular takeaway for years after watching Supersize Me and seeing the effect it had on his health. 

The reaction so far is very British, isn't it. Don't farkin tell me wot to do, don't care if it's good for me, I'll do the opposite!
    Sure is...and make out there's nothing more delightful in life than a Bacon Double Cheeseburger! 

• I like fish and chips and probably have it about once every couple of months, not too fussed about a McDonalds or a KFC etc as am always hungry again 20 minutes later and probably have one of those about 3/4 times a year generally in the services on a long drive (don't think I've had a KFC for 10+ years) or even at Northampton away! Even though I get a discount in McDonalds.

McDonalds and the like isn't the cause of obesity on it's own, a few people did studies or trials of only eating McDonalds for 90 days. They all lost weight.

Like anything that isn't great for you, moderation is the word, I've a very addictive personality but have never been addicted to take aways.
  • Everything in moderation - nobody has a perfectly healthy lifestyle.

• Addickted said:

Me.
    Have you ever had one?

So, have you ever had a bacon double cheeseburger?
  • Create a healthy fast food chain. There's probably a gap in the market. 

I think making takeaways with more than a certain number of chains or turnover, obliged to put in a nutritional information label about what the people are eating can't be a bad idea though. 

It is incredibly easy to just get takeaways every night if you have the money. And very difficult to stop. 

I started doing it during lockdown with the duo of it's a nice bit of help for the local economies that need support now, and a bit of a treat. But my god it's difficult to stop now I've been doing it for so long. 

It's just gained me so much time that I didn't have. 

Luckily I haven't really gained weight because I've been exercising more, and eat very healthily for lunch/breakfast but the convenience and treat at the end of the day is so appealing. 
  • edited January 2021
    Addickted said:
    Addickted said:

Me.
    Have you ever had one?

So, have you ever had a bacon double cheeseburger?

No, but as I didn’t like bacon I wouldn’t order one anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• Interesting answers from a lot of you as you all appear to enjoy a fast food meal. I agree we should all have choices and if that choice is a cheeky takeaway every once in a while then why not, enjoy.

However we have a big proportion of adults & children in this country that eat them on a daily basis and that is when the trouble starts. I personally believe we have another NHS crises looming in 20-30 years when the obesity and health issues start to kick in from those living on a bad diet today.

See my post in the Covid thread about the takeaway bike riders based in Welling, judging by the amount of times they went and came back with KFC, McDonald's and other burger shop meals people must have been ordering them for breakfast as it was well before lunchtime.     
  • Not sure how up to date this list is but if I lived in London I would definitely seek out some of these fast food establishments to satisfy any urges for fast food.

https://www.totallyveganbuzz.com/lifestyle/23-best-places-for-vegan-fast-food-in-london-2019/

When I visit Amsterdam I always visit a branch of Maoz for a fresh pitta stuffed with deep fried falafel and a portion of fries. 
  • Huskaris said:
    Create a healthy fast food chain. There's probably a gap in the market. 

I think making takeaways with more than a certain number of chains or turnover, obliged to put in a nutritional information label about what the people are eating can't be a bad idea though. 

It is incredibly easy to just get takeaways every night if you have the money. And very difficult to stop. 

I started doing it during lockdown with the duo of it's a nice bit of help for the local economies that need support now, and a bit of a treat. But my god it's difficult to stop now I've been doing it for so long. 

It's just gained me so much time that I didn't have. 

Luckily I haven't really gained weight because I've been exercising more, and eat very healthily for lunch/breakfast but the convenience and treat at the end of the day is so appealing. 
    This became a real problem for us during the first lockdown. We live in an area which has a ton of really good restaurants, similarly it started as a bit of “we love that restaurant, let’s give them some business” but it ended with 3 or 4 Deliveroo’s a week which is mad because we were spending about £40 a go.

We just went cold turkey for a few months and then it crept back in a bit during the November lockdown. Haven’t had any sort of takeaway since the beginning of the month and intend to keep it that way for a bit. 
  • Still get the occasional yearning for KFC, not so much McDonalds, though I do like their Apple Pie and Banana milk shake but I resist both now that I don’t eat meat.

Stopped eating Chinese food about 4 or 5 years ago because of their appalling abuse of animals. Don’t particularly miss it.
  • One of the good things of lockdown for me has been the massive reduction of fast food that I eat, and the benefits on my overall health. If I was in the office I would be tempted by range of options for high-fat instant hit food, but I've been watching what I've eaten whilst at home, cooking lunch more, and on the occasions where I have ordered via a delivery app, I've actually not enjoyed the fast food I've got in from one of the burger places. 

If people want to eat it, then cool, but we do such a bad job as a country of teaching people good food habits. 
  • I used to have a McDonalds or BK about once every two years when desperate, and every time I am reminded why I dislike them so much. Not especially filling, and the texture of a bath sponge. And the fries are rubbish.