Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FA Cup 20/21

I've started a new thread as there seems to be no thread specifically for the FA Cup this season.

I notice that the whole of the 5th Round is being played midweek.
Why is this? 
Talk about devaluing the FA Cup.

Comments

• But to answer your question they were moved to midweek as we have a condensed season and i guess they want to keep weekends free for the league games.
  • I've started a new thread as there seems to be no thread specifically for the FA Cup this season.

Why is this? 
    The FA Cup is dead Jim, teams full of reserves, nobody really bothered if they lose, no replays. 

Sad
  • bobmunro said:

I did look for it. I went through 4 pages of the right category.

If there's a search on the smartphone version of CL, where is it please?
  • edited February 2021
    But to answer your question they were moved to midweek as we have a condensed season and i guess they want to keep weekends free for the league games.
    Well, in that case they should simply do it in reverse thus keeping the weekend special for the Cup.

This is how it's always been.
  • I've started a new thread as there seems to be no thread specifically for the FA Cup this season.

Why is this? 
    The FA Cup is dead Jim, teams full of reserves, nobody really bothered if they lose, no replays. 

Sad
    Will be won by one of the 'big 6' anyway.

31 of the last 34 FA Cups have, the exceptions being Everton, Portsmouth and Wigan.

Why is this? 

Sad

31 of the last 34 FA Cups have, the exceptions being Everton, Portsmouth and Wigan.
    And Coventry and Wimbledon.
  • bobmunro said:

I did look for it. I went through 4 pages of the right category.

If there's a search on the smartphone version of CL, where is it please?
    You need to scroll to the bottom of the page and switch to full site where you can search as normal, then switch back to the mobile version when you've found what you're looking for.

Why is this? 

Sad

And Coventry and Wimbledon.
    Not in the last 34 fa cups 
  • Sponsored links:

• 1987 - 2020 (106th to 139th FA Cup Finals) =  34 FA Cup Finals

1987: Coventry
    1988: Wimbledon
    1995: Everton
    2007: Portsmouth
    2013: Wigan

Besides, it's really a case of a Big FIVE (Man U, Man C, Liverpool, Arsenal & Chelsea)  because Spurs have only won it once in this period. In fact Everton outdo Spurs because they have been runner-up twice in this period against just once for Spurs.

• Routine 3-0 win for Southampton at Bournemouth today.
    Then Man City left it late but eventually overcame Everton 2-0.

Leicester v Man U and Chelsea v Sheff Utd tomorrow.
  • Good to see clubs fielding some pretty strong teams in the 1/4's this year. It may be a reflection that they've given up on the league but it makes a change not to see teams full of 2nd stream players and the kids. 
  • Sign Fred up, he'd fit in perfectly with our defensive errors  :D
    Even the supposed 'best' do it. That was quite the fuck up by Fred there.
  • Good to see clubs fielding some pretty strong teams in the 1/4's this year. It may be a reflection that they've given up on the league but it makes a change not to see teams full of 2nd stream players and the kids. 
    Excluding Fred from the above.

😱
  • WTF has Greenwood got growing under his nose? Looks like he has been hit with a dirty skipping rope.
  • edited March 2021
    The coaching Manual that encourages passing to players when marked  in the box is utter bollocks. So is passing back to the keeper when forwards are near by.

I said it Ten years ago when I saw coaches teaching youngsters on rubbish pitches to try it.

Play all the clever one twos as far away from your goal as possible.
  • I just don’t understand it. Perhaps coaches think that it’ll encourage a high press from the opposition and a couple of clever passes and you’ve taken a few of their players out the game. Problem is, 99% of the time all it does it make your average centre half give a shit pass back to the goalie who then slices it all of 30 yards. 
  • Semi final draw:

Chelsea v Man City
    Leicester/Man U v Southampton
  • Sponsored links:

• Semi final draw:

Chelsea v Man City
    A weird time to do the draw. I assumed it was done at HT so the BBC don't have to delay Countryfile!
  • edited March 2021
    Semi final draw:

Chelsea v Man City
    A weird time to do the draw. I assumed it was done at HT so the BBC don't have to delay Countryfile!
    As long as they done delay Line of Duty.
  • Tielemens strides past Pratley and Watson to score
  • Tielemens strides past Pratley and Watson to score
    Exactly what I had in mind. United taking defending lessons from Charlton...
  • edited March 2021
    Don’t really watch many non Charlton games, but Fred is absolutely shit. Or at least has been today, 
  • Now Vardy has turned into Chuks...
  • United heading our of the Cup. Iheancho with a brace to make it 7 goals in his last 4 games

• edited March 2021
    Don’t really watch many non Charlton games, but Fred is absolutely shit. Or at least has been today, 
    Absolutely awful.

Telles looked pretty terrible too.

And Matic.

And Martial.

Oh and both centre backs.
  • Don’t really watch many non Charlton games, but Fred is absolutely shit. Or at least has been today, 
    Absolutely awful.

Telles looked pretty terrible too.

And Matic.

And Martial.

Oh and both centre backs.
    Man U have same major restructuring to do over the summer. Far too many players in their squad nowhere near good enough to play for them.

Leicester well worth the win today as better all over the park. 
  • Pleased with the semi final draw, with the 2 "regulars" against each other, leaving one of Leicester or Soton to reach the final