Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hello from Graham Tutt

Hi fellow Addicks. It’s Graham Tutt here. It’s very apt that we are playing at Sunderland today because, for those of you that know your Charlton history, that’s where I played my final match for The Addicks. I suffered a terrible, career-ending injury in that match which was shown on that night’s Match of The Day. So I guess I have a connection with Sunderland for all the wrong reasons! Anyway, if you haven’t heard yet, my autobiography comes out on Monday and I really hope you’ll have a read. I collaborated with lifelong Addick Matt Eastley who wrote The Charlton Miscellany and Charlton On This Day. It tells the whole story of my childhood and how I became a professional with The Addicks and then gives a detailed account of the day I sustained the terrible injury. And then of course, my story after that. It’s a story that spans three continents and has more ups and downs than even Charlton’s recent history! So, it’s a bit of a rollercoaster. I’m so proud to have played for this great club and I hope that comes through in the book. I take nothing for granted but maybe you’ll buy a copy and enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. 

https://www.grahambustertutt.com

https://www.pitchpublishing.co.uk/shop/never-give

Comments

• Good luck with the book Graham - is it going to be available in the club shop in future? 
  • Just pre ordered it - should be a good read
  • Just pre ordered it - should be a good read
    Thanks Lord Flash Heart - Hope you enjoy it!
  • Good luck with the book Graham - is it going to be available in the club shop in future? 
    Thanks Algarve - not sure yet but certainly hope so - best bet is Amazon
  • Can I get it as an Amazon audible?
  • ordered
    Thanks Lancashire Lad
  • For those  who haven't seen it there's a (look away now) picture of Graham's injury on this thread: https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/52169/graham-tutt

Good luck with the book.
  • Nice one - I’ll certainly be ordering it.
  • Stig said:
    For those  who haven't seen it there's a (look away now) picture of Graham's injury on this thread: https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/52169/graham-tutt

Good luck with the book.
    Thanks very much Stig
  • Sponsored links:

• Ordered it on my Kindle. 

I thought of you when our two play off victories were against the Mackems 

Did Finney ever apologise to you. 
  • seth plum said:
    Can I get it as an Amazon audible?
    Thanks for asking Seth - I'm not sure yet mate - but will keep you posted
  • Hope you are keeping well mate.
    Ordered 
    Thanks Ricky - Enjoy the read! Cheers
  • I remember booing Finney years later when he came back to play at the Valley for Cambridge. Good luck with the book, Graham. Mine is ordered and paid for.
    Thanks Ricky  - Enjoy your read - Cheers - Now let's beat Sunderland!

• Good to hear from you after all these years Graham.
    I recall the incident vividly.
    Good luck with the book. 
  • I remember booing Finney years later when he came back to play at the Valley for Cambridge. Good luck with the book, Graham. Mine is ordered and paid for.
    Thanks Killer - we are very pleased with the book, the end result and the response - Enjoy it Mate!
  • Sponsored links:

• Good to hear from you after all these years Graham.
    I recall the incident vividly.
    Good luck with the book. 
    Thanks Telly Tubby - I hope you enjoy as much as Matt Eastley and I have in putting it together these past few years. Cheers!
  • All the best Graham, already ordered and looking forward to receiving it. 
  • The club need to get Graham on the pre match interviews on Valley Pass - would be good to get some players on from the 70’s
    Fully agree 
  • Hope you are keeping well mate.
    Ordered 
    I'm doing great thanks Blackpool -Hope you enjoy it! The response has been most encouraging - Cheers!
  • Already on pre-order. Looking forward to reading it. All the very best, Buster.
  • Ordered. The Sunderland game was couple of years before I started going but looks a fascinating read.

Good luck with it.
  • Chizz said:
    Already on pre-order. Looking forward to reading it. All the very best, Buster.

Thanks Chiz - it was a wonderful challenge and going by the results of the fan reaction the read is most worthwhile - Cheers, Buster
  • (Pre) Ordered 
    so our two miracle  play off wins against Sunderland were the karma payback for your horrific injury .
    good luck sir .
  • Ordered. The Sunderland game was couple of years before I started going but looks a fascinating read.

Good luck with it.

Thanks Dave - Enjoy it mate - Did you play at Millwall or is that another Dave Mehmet. Cheers 
  • Good luck Graham...Certainly enjoyed watching you as a kid. I will pop into waterstones when it opens and purchase a copy.