Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Newcastle United watch

Good evening and welcome to the very special episode of Newcastle United watch. Now, I know many of you football fans, particularly Charlton Athletic supporters, will have had to endure a train wreak of a season. So, what better to lift the spirits than to watch another complete train wreak in progress, ladies and gentlemen, the Newcastle United train will not be arriving on platform one due to the appointment of an unqualified manager and a sociopathic, egotistic delusionist as his assistant.

I'm sure you'll all agree whatever happens, it's going to be entertaining.

This week on Newcastle United watch:

Newcastle 0 - 2 Chelsea

Comments

• and what a great episode that was !!! lol

oh please please let's see dowie relegated before the end of the series
  • It's dark down there, we might have to use our night vision camera!
  • ... and while this series is going on, I would be grateful if it could be arranged for Boro to go down as well. Thank you
  • He is the Jonah.

Relegation is the one thing that even he won't be able to mess up!
  • [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]... and while this series is going on, I would be grateful if it could be arranged for Boro to go down as well. Thank you

Why? What's wrong with Boro? I quite like Southgate as a manager.
  • [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]... and while this series is going on, I would be grateful if it could be arranged for Boro to go down as well. Thank you

Why? What's wrong with Boro? I quite like Southgate as a manager.

Do I have a valid logical reason? ... no.

I just think they've had their time, in fact they've been on borrowed time ... and it's the coldest away ground in the country ;-)
  • I think Boro watch is on BB3.. it's a repeat.
  • thanks vfr -let's just keep up with the main programme - Newcastle watch
  • I like this thread. I just hope that the Newcastle fans blame Dowie if they get relegated. That would be fun.
  • [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]I like this thread. I just hope that the Newcastle fans blame Dowie if they get relegated. That would be fun.

They'll blame Mike Ashton, Dowie will be well down the list.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dowie seems a strange choice to partner shearer.

Or is it simply because of Dowies superior knowledge of the Newcastle road and cross country network.
  • Dowie was available - Shearer/Newcastle didn't have time to go for someone coaching elsewhere.

I think they might also be old mates - from when they were at Southampton.
  • Gaurdian watch

"It is believed that Shearer was impressed by Dowie during their brief time together at Southampton and, although the two are not friends and have had no long-term contact, Shearer thinks that the former Crystal Palace and Charlton manager, who has also had stints at QPR, Coventry and Oldham, can provide valuable tactical knowledge for the struggling side"
  • Shearer only has a contract until the end of the season - and seems to be hinting that he doesn't want the job full-time, that makes attracting an experienced coach difficult if there is to be little or no chance of a job next year. So by definition he needs someone who is between jobs.
  • [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]Gaurdian watch

"It is believed that Shearer was impressed by Dowie during their brief time together at Southampton and, although the two are not friends and have had no long-term contact, Shearer thinks that the former Crystal Palace and Charlton manager, who has also had stints at QPR, Coventry and Oldham, can provide valuable tactical knowledge for the struggling side"

WTF! Valuable tactical knowledge!!!!

*Spits tea all over keyboard*
  • I think Dowie gets a hard time and is much better than many people think. Wait and see ! ;0)
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]I think Dowie gets a hard time and is much better than many people think. Wait and see ! ;0)

darren bent really liked him as a manager.
  • There you are then ! ;0)
  • [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]I think Dowie gets a hard time and is much better than many people think. Wait and see ! ;0)

darren bent really liked him as a manager.

Was DB at the club when Dowie was manager?
  • edited April 2009
    Is that a serious question?
  • Sponsored links:

• I heard that Dowie walked into training on the first day with some stumps, a bat and some cricket pads - oh and with an A to Z of Newcastle tucked under his arm.

Bob was obviously carrying the 25 volumes of the Encyclopedia of Bullshit in behind him.
  • edited April 2009
    Did you know that an anagram of "Ian Dowie" is

I done a we

(Well, nearly)
  • I heard he did it all twice ;-)
  • I'm just wondering how long it will be before Michael Owen picks up a season ending injury in training.
  • I heard that Dowie walked into training on the first day with some stumps, a bat and some cricket pads - oh and with an A to Z of Newcastle tucked under his arm.

Bob was obviously carrying the 25 volumes of the Encyclopedia of Bullshit in behind him.
    Lol, LFAO, ROFL, he he, ha ha, and the rest!

I cant wait for the next episode of... Newcastle United watch!
  • So much for anagram of Ian Dowie.....do you know the one of Nicky Butt?
  • Butty Nick?
  • Another anagram of 'Iain Dowie' is 'Clueless fucking no mark Davros lookalike twat'
    (if you add a few letters)
  • Shearer has now come out with "it might not be a bad thing if we go down" it just gets better, and then there were shots of dowie standing beside him looking clueless with arms crossed, and i swear his forehead has dropped down another inch?
    Keep it coming LOONEY TOON keep it coming!!
  • Re Nicky Butt.....try

Kit by - and see what's left.