Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Arsene Wenger could do a job for them.
  • "Hi Chris, Daniel here. I know it's a step down from managing Charlton but you given your experience of working under difficult CEOs and owners we'd like to offer you the head coach role at Spurs".
  • Interesting that Klinsmann just said on BBC that he phoned Levy about the job as soon as Mourinho left but Levy said that he was very busy sorting things out and would call him back. Klinsmann is still waiting for that call.
  • Interesting that Klinsmann just said on BBC that he phoned Levy about the job as soon as Mourinho left but Levy said that he was very busy sorting things out and would call him back. Klinsmann is still waiting for that call.
    I'm not sure Klinsmann was joking or not being German 😀
    It was a bit cringe Gary kept asking and Klinsmann was looking uncomfortable 
  • Clear to me Levy is the problem at Spurs, so what’s he got over the owner?

This will explain it...

https://twitter.com/all_thingsthfc/status/1404164586471788545?s=21
  • Is Eddie Howe still out of work? Seeing as Spurs are looking for a head coach rather than manager, Howe may probably turn it down - or Spurs may even think he's not good enough for them. 

Anyway, I was looking at a list of managers that have managed England in the past 20 years and thinking none of them were the sort of appointment that you would get excited about. When Southgate is gone (by the way the FA really shouldn't have given him a contract lasting beyond the Euro 2020), I think Howe is someone that the FA should at least interview if they still want to hire an Englishman. I would be totally looking forward to him managing your country and seeing if he could bring some entertaining football. Surely he'd be better than the likes of Hodgson, Big Sam, and Southgate?
  • I think that may be why he hasnt taken another management job. Waiting to see what happens with Southgate
  • Sponsored links:

• The FA have got a habit, fuelled by the press, for picking someone who is as different to the previous manager as possible.

In that basis, it won't be Howe.

It will be old, experienced, expensive person, probably foreign and international experience won't be a requirement.  On that basis it will be Jose :smile:
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    The FA have got a habit, fuelled by the press, for picking someone who is as different to the previous manager as possible.

It will be old, experienced, expensive person, probably foreign and international experience won't be a requirement.  On that basis it will be Jose :smile:
    I’d take Mourinho all day every day as England manager. He’s too controversial for The FA though.
  • Sage said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    The FA have got a habit, fuelled by the press, for picking someone who is as different to the previous manager as possible.

I’d take Mourinho all day every day as England manager. He’s too controversial for The FA though.
    I don't think Luke Shaw or those that demand 2 up front, 4 attacking midfeilders and over lapping full backs will though...... 
  • Bielsa would do well with the attacking talent we've got. Appreciate it's never going to happen and is not a serious suggestion. 
  • Sage said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Christ no.
  • edited June 2021
    I think It will be either Lamps or Gerrard but not until after the Qatar nonsense. 
  • I'd stick with Southgate.

Doing a good job.
    Have you taken your temperature today Henry ?
  • I think It will be either Lamps or Gerrard but not until after the Qatar nonsense. 
    That's the thing, even if he does badly I think he'll stay with the World Cup being so close.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think It will be either Lamps or Gerrard but not until after the Qatar nonsense. 
    Please no.
  • Wayne Rooney’s England - how can this not happen. 
  • Gerrard will go to Liverpool in time, not England from Rangers.

Southgate hasn’t done much wrong  
  • Southgate is a defensive minded manager and his teams usually loose against good team and just beat poor teams, we need better
  • Southgate is a defensive minded manager and his teams usually loose against good team and just beat poor teams, we need better
    You mean like every England manager in the last 40 years?

Hand on heart how many "good teams" have England beaten, over 90 minutes, in a knockout game in the last 40 years?

I was think about this earlier when someone mentioned how good we were, when Sir Bobby changed tactics in Italia 90.  We beat Egypt in normal time.  We scored 3 goals from open play in 6 games........
    Christ, what a take 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Sage said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I don't think Luke Shaw or those that demand 2 up front, 4 attacking midfeilders and over lapping full backs will though...... 
    Considering Mourinho has said before the tournament started his team would probably be along the lines of:

Henderson (obviously now not fit)
    Walker Stones Maguire Chilwell
    Rice
    Bellingham Mount
    Foden Kane Grealish

Not a bad side at all and much of what a lot of people have been asking for.

Don’t think Southgate has done much wrong, but at the same time I don’t think he’s the manager to get the best out of this group. Not sure how he can say about Sancho’s inexperience as to why he’s not been included, has he not seen how good he has been for Dortmund? Sometimes we have been crying out for someone to put the ball in the box and create a chance for a goal scorer, Sancho is that player. Too many players take too many touches and the opportunity goes.
  • edited June 2021
    Sage said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Sage said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Considering Mourinho has said before the tournament started his team would probably be along the lines of:

Rice
    Bellingham Mount
    Foden Kane Grealish

Don’t think Southgate has done much wrong, but at the same time I don’t think he’s the manager to get the best out of this group. Not sure how he can say about Sancho’s inexperience as to why he’s not been included, has he not seen how good he has been for Dortmund? Sometimes we have been crying out for someone to put the ball in the box and create a chance for a goal scorer, Sancho is that player. Too many players take too many touches and the opportunity goes.
    That might be the team he picks for a newspaper column, like picking one on here they won't ever get beat.

I would stake a lot of money that would not be the team he would pick on Tuesday night, but again I can't be wrong because he doesn't have to. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Sage said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Sage said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Rice
    Bellingham Mount
    Foden Kane Grealish

That might be the team he picks for a newspaper column, like picking one on here they won't ever get beat.

I would stake a lot of money that would not be the team he would pick on Tuesday night, but again I can't be wrong because he doesn't have to. 

Mourinho's "real" team would have been something like this:

Henderson
    Walker Stones Mings Maguire Chilwell
    Rice Henderson Dier Phillips 
    Kane

• Clear to me Levy is the problem at Spurs, so what’s he got over the owner?
    Isn't he part owner himself? Spurs are owned by ENIC and i'm sure Levy part owns ENIC, although Joe Lewis is obviously the majority shareholder.

@JohnBoyUK can probably correct me.