Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Clear to me Levy is the problem at Spurs, so what’s he got over the owner?
    Isn't he part owner himself? Spurs are owned by ENIC and i'm sure Levy part owns ENIC, although Joe Lewis is obviously the majority shareholder.

@JohnBoyUK can probably correct me.
    Correct.  Think he holds 25% on his own.

EDIT: 29.4%, Joe Lewis holds the remaining 70 something
  • Options
    West Brom are also close to appointing Barnsley boss Valerien Ismael as their new manager after reaching an agreement in principle with the 45-year-old Frenchman. (Football Insider)
  • Options
    I also don’t think Southgate has done much wrong if you’re content with mediocrity and under utilisation of potential. I genuinely think this group of players could be doing much better than what we’re seeing. No I don’t think we are good enough to run the real quality teams but player for player we should be scaring a few teams into looking over their shoulder. We’re nowhere near that. Southgate has no real coaching credentials and as far as I can see it shows every time England take the field. 
  • Options
    West Brom are also close to appointing Barnsley boss Valerien Ismael as their new manager after reaching an agreement in principle with the 45-year-old Frenchman. (Football Insider)
    Another Palarse target gone.

They're down to either Big Fat Sam or Doogie Freedman now  :D
  • Options
    They're waiting for the Netherlands to go out the euros and will then reappoint Franck de Boer so he can complete the job he started a few years ago.
  • Options

Former Borussia Dortmund manager Lucien Favre is strong favourite to be named the new Crystal Palace boss.

It is understood talks are at an advanced stage and the club could announce his appointment by the end of the week.

Switzerland-born Favre, 63, last managed Dortmund, but was sacked by the German club in December last year.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57587290

• Options
    Tottenham's search for Jose Mourinho's replacement continues as Julen Lopetegui joins list of names to reject head coach job, according to Sevilla's president.
  • Options
    Imagine being a Spurs fan at the moment. They cant even get a Manager 
  • Options
    Do we approve of Lucien Favre for the palarse job? Will he manage to get them relegated? Heaven forbid he gets them into Europe!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Do we approve of Lucien Favre for the palarse job? Will he manage to get them relegated? Heaven forbid he gets them into Europe!
    I think he likes to play attractive football, if so that will never work.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    AndyG said:
    Yeah, haha, just imagine...

<walks out of the thread, whistling, hands in pockets, eyes welling up>

Just appoint Eddie Howe now and be done with it.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    AndyG said:

Just appoint Eddie Howe Ryan Mason now and be done with it.
    FTFY
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    AndyG said:

John that honestly wasnt meant as a dig mate. It was a genuine comment meant in the kindest way. I'm not a Spurs fan but I still think it is ridiculous that a club of that stature with the ground you have are having to go through the situation that is clearly making the club look ridiculous. Levy has alot to answer for imo and the fans deserve better
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    AndyG said:

John that honestly wasnt meant as a dig mate. It was a genuine comment meant in the kindest way. I'm not a Spurs fan but I still think it is ridiculous that a club of that stature with the ground you have are having to go through the situation that is clearly making the club look ridiculous. Levy has alot to answer for imo and the fans deserve better
    All fair in love and banter.  Not taken as a dig at all.

Its beyond a joke now and we deserve every bit of stick we get.  Levy's position is untenable.  He's getting away with it at the moment but that first home game he will be getting it on a scale he's never known before.

But as one of my mates said quite recently, you'd could literally be slagging off his wife to his face and he'll still see it as a bum of seat and ticket revenue.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    AndyG said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    AndyG said:

All fair in love and banter.  Not taken as a dig at all.

Its beyond a joke now and we deserve every bit of stick we get.  Levy's position is untenable.  He's getting away with it at the moment but that first home game he will be getting it on a scale he's never known before.

But as one of my mates said quite recently, you'd could literally be slagging off his wife to his face and he'll still see it as a bum of seat and ticket revenue.
    He's got a point I guess.

"Oh no, these fans who've collectively paid us about £2m for their seats are booing, however will I cope?  How are the corporate lot enjoying the extortionate cheese?"
  • Options
    I am hearing rumours of Gerrard to Spurs.

Personally I don't think it is likely. 
  • Options
    Would they go for Martinez when Belgium are out of the Euros?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can I just say I have just turned down the Spurs job.  Apparently they have just installed a new automatic dialler to ring everyone and save time :-) 
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    I am hearing rumours of Gerrard to Spurs.

Personally I don't think it is likely. 
    Surely he'll fancy Liverpool after Klopp and staying put and winning the league again helps that.
  • Options
    Talks must of been broken down… 16/1 on SkyBet now, Dyche is favourite at 4/1
  • Options
    Dyche would be brilliant for them.
  • Options
    Nuno Santos of Wolves fame is the next one on Spurs list. Advanced Talks according to the BBC.
  • Options
    The Nigels are in meltdown.

Seems like both Santos and Favre have reneged on signing for them at the 11th hour.

No manager, six players not re-signed and no new players even close to signing with their pre season commencing next Monday.
  • Options
    They can always go for another Favre.

• Options
    Nuno Santos of Wolves fame is the next one on Spurs list. Advanced Talks according to the BBC.
    I thought he did well for Wolves but i can't see Spurs fans being happy with a guy who was asked to leave by Wolves. I know he left by 'mutual consent' but that basically means after everything he did, they respected him enough and didn't want to say we've sacked him.

Can only assume that there are two issues with the Spurs job:
    1. Covid + them having to pay off the new stadium = there is not much money to spend.
    2. Managers want to know if Kane will be staying.
  • Options
    I thought he did well for Wolves but i can't see Spurs fans being happy with a guy who was asked to leave by Wolves. I know he left by 'mutual consent' but that basically means after everything he did, they respected him enough and didn't want to say we've sacked him.

Can only assume that there are two issues with the Spurs job:
    1. Covid + them having to pay off the new stadium = there is not much money to spend.
    2. Managers want to know if Kane will be staying.
    I don't think it's a surprise that Spurs can't get a top tier manager.  For me the surprise was they were able to keep Poch for so long and then got Jose.

TBH it's the same as the Arsenal job.  You have got to finish above the other one AND one of United, City, Chelsea or Liverpool or else you fail.  Then throw in the likes of Leicester, Leeds, Everton and Westham that don't have the double wammy of massive debt and lack of control on transfers.

I don't see how the next spurs manager can be sucssesful, who ever it is.