Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Why do people get so bothered about posters like Ronnie Moore? Just ignore him if you think he’s posting nonsense. Honestly this thread has been a car crash all summer, used to be quite fun checking into the rumours thread in years gone by but its just silly squabbling with no actual rumours. 
    This. He's posting rumours on a rumours thread. And people are getting angry about it. Ffs. If his pists annoy you, ignore them. He 's done nothing to merit some of the shit slung his way.
    but they are not rumours just made up bollocks and then when he says it was in the local Plymouth rag it quite clearly wasn't so more made up bollocks. I'm all for people posting actually rumours/whispers that may have heard from somewhere or other but to come on and just make things up? 
    Also announced that Mullin and Tucker had both signed. There was someone else as well (can't remember who) but when he signed for another club he claimed he'd only posted it as a joke 
  • Why do people get so bothered about posters like Ronnie Moore? Just ignore him if you think he’s posting nonsense. Honestly this thread has been a car crash all summer, used to be quite fun checking into the rumours thread in years gone by but its just silly squabbling with no actual rumours. 
    This. He's posting rumours on a rumours thread. And people are getting angry about it. Ffs. If his pists annoy you, ignore them. He 's done nothing to merit some of the shit slung his way.
    but they are not rumours just made up bollocks and then when he says it was in the local Plymouth rag it quite clearly wasn't so more made up bollocks. I'm all for people posting actually rumours/whispers that may have heard from somewhere or other but to come on and just make things up? 
    Why get so worked up about it? Just ignore it and move on, it's only an internet forum.
  • edited July 2021
    Not really rumours but re-iterating what the media were saying a couple of days ago: 

SLP - Adkins to decide on midfielder. 

Adkins says he has yet to decide as to whether the club will take a look at trialist Madger Gomes again in their pre-season game against Fulham on Saturday, during a recent interview with the South London Press.

The 24-year-old midfield player is currently a free agent after leaving Doncaster Rovers this summer and has featured in each of the club’s last two friendly games.

However Adkins was coy when asked if the Spaniard will feature for his side at Craven Cottage this weekend, as he stated the following:

We’ll talk about it. He’s (Gomes) done well again. It’s not easy when you come in on a trial basis.

“He’s fitted in really well but he’s shown again today that he does have quality.”

Herald Scotland - Ipswich nab Addicks target

Charlton were dealt a blow yesterday after Ipswich Town snapped up one of their apparent transfer targets by signing George Edmundson from Rangers.

As previously reported by Herald Scotland, the centre back was said to be a target for the Addicks, Sunderland and Portsmouth before he completed his move to Portman Road yesterday.

Adkins is now expected to switch his attentions to other targets, with the club still looking to improve various areas of the squad.

Edmundson has signed a four year deal with the Tractor Boys.

Hull Live - Addicks rival Hull City for Sheffield United man

The Addicks are also said to be rivalling Hull City in the race to sign Sheffield United midfielder Regan Slater this summer, as per a recent report by Hull Live.

Hull had originally lodged a bid for the 21-year-old, before the move was blocked by Slavisa Jokanovic following his arrival at Bramall Lane.

Adkins is said to be keen on bringing the player to South London, however the report goes on to state that a move to Charlton may be unlikely.

Slater was part of the Hull side which won the league last term.

• Oggy Red said:
    Why do people get so bothered about posters like Ronnie Moore? Just ignore him if you think he’s posting nonsense. Honestly this thread has been a car crash all summer, used to be quite fun checking into the rumours thread in years gone by but its just silly squabbling with no actual rumours. 
    'Allo, 'Allo. God moaning. His pists annoy me, René.

God moaning, crois que tu as bien dormi.
  • It’s the closest we’ve had to a rumour for about 300 pages, so thanks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Our best starting eleven, including the injured Purrington, looks pretty good for Third Tier. We also have decent replacements for several positions although we don't know how long Gilby will be out for and probably have to wait until January before JFK returns. Plus, no-one knows if Schwartz will make the grade and unfortunately we suspect Innis will get injured sooner rather than later going by his track record. After what happened to us in the Championship 19/20 season I think we are all fraught that injuries will wreck our promotion challenge hence the furore on this Rumours (or lack of Rumours) thread. IMO we must sign another left back/wingback and have proper cover for Innis although I hope young Deji can get a run out in the lesser cup games. Clayden might be able to cover for DJ but for me the big query is whether Schwartz can step in for Washington or Stockley? If not we need another striker. We shouldn't rely on Davison as third choice striker.
    Think he's done tbf - the head injury he suffered was pretty terminal.

• We all thought that we would see new signings either with the kit launch or the training day! Neither happened which has really put expectations into check. 
  • Any news on the Geoff Cott signing I keep hearing about?
  • edited July 2021
    Any news on the Geoff Cott signing I keep hearing about?
    Even if Jephcott  has been a target which I doubt I think the money Plymouth are looking for is way too much. I don’t think Plymouth are skint either so I can’t see a game of who blinks first working in his case. 
  • Sponsored links:

Also announced that Mullin and Tucker had both signed. There was someone else as well (can't remember who) but when he signed for another club he claimed he'd only posted it as a joke 
    If your going print rubbish get your facts right .. that was not me so I expect an apology don’t expect I get one from
    someone hiding behind a keyboard 
    Do you really want someone to go through and highlight all the made up nonsense you have spouted though? 
  • mendonca said:
    We all thought that we would see new signings either with the kit launch or the training day! Neither happened which has really put expectations into check. 
    Of course we didn't, this is a rumours thread, not fact, just wait until its official, what does it matter if no-one knows in advance who our signings are going to be, relax, it will come, probably on last day of window though imo.
  • If Dempsey has leapfrogged Vennings then I'll be peeved tbh
  • _nam11 said:
    Looking at previous posts...Maybe the reason we have not signed all the other players (that other teams have signed), is because we weren't interested in them, in the first place?

NA will have a way of playing, a structure. We will therefore buy/loan players who fit into that system. SG will know each player of their strengths and weaknesses, and whether or not they fit into NA's system. 

All of the players listed on the previous 500 pages...some we all think are good, some are bad. Either way, it doesn't necessarily mean they will be very good/bad for us.

SG, I would be tasked to find players to suit a way of playing. SG to find the players that fit the system, not find the system once you have recruited a random set of 'good players'.

If we just 'scatter gun' and bring in quantity, and not quality, this is when you can start accumulating "deadwood" on expensive contracts. All of which, is a waste of money, and isn't sustainable.
    So where are these imaginary players that we are interested in, that every other club has missed? 

I think the idea that we haven't been interested in ANY players picked up by other teams is fanciful. 
  • Leuth said:
    If Dempsey has leapfrogged Vennings then I'll be peeved tbh

Well, if he has, then Dempsey will have done it on merit.

Dempsey has just had 18 months playing senior football in the 5th tier.
    That experience will be something that Vennings doesn't yet have.

• _nam11 said:
    Looking at previous posts...Maybe the reason we have not signed all the other players (that other teams have signed), is because we weren't interested in them, in the first place?

NA will have a way of playing, a structure. We will therefore buy/loan players who fit into that system. SG will know each player of their strengths and weaknesses, and whether or not they fit into NA's system. 

All of the players listed on the previous 500 pages...some we all think are good, some are bad. Either way, it doesn't necessarily mean they will be very good/bad for us.

SG, I would be tasked to find players to suit a way of playing. SG to find the players that fit the system, not find the system once you have recruited a random set of 'good players'.

If we just 'scatter gun' and bring in quantity, and not quality, this is when you can start accumulating "deadwood" on expensive contracts. All of which, is a waste of money, and isn't sustainable.
    Adkins has been here for about 5 months, unless he has just decided what system to play, they have had plenty of time to identify players that will fit said system. 

• If we could get one more in before next Saturday, someone who can play across the front three, that would be spot on. However, Washington has looked very sharp the whole pre season and has solidified that position on LW.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!