Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Options
    Stewart said:
    Know nothing about this Rudoni guy, but the photo in the south London press has him using his right foot. 
    Footballers only allowed to use one foot then?
    Ours are!
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    There's never, ever been a successful central midfield pair in history who've had the same dominant foot, so we shouldn't sign this guy
    Agreed, that Paul Scholes and Roy Keane duo was absolute shocking...
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Addick_8 said:
    Would love to post and talk about players but after I said Arter & Maddison will be quality signings I’ve decided to ban myself until 2023
    No shame in that…..I think most of us expected both of them to be successful with us.
    How wrong we were. 😕
    Incidentally, I would say that for me, Kirk proved to be one of the biggest disappointments in a long long while. So much so that I am convinced there was something psychologically wrong with the lad and his whole approach to being where he was and his misapprehension in moving to London in the first place…….he never settled and was utter pants IMHO.
    He should have been, to all intents and purposes, an excellent signing.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    There's never, ever been a successful central midfield pair in history who've had the same dominant foot, so we shouldn't sign this guy
    Weren't Xavi, Inesta and Busquets all right footed as well?

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    We have known we would be L1 again for ages it is odd we would leave a decision on contracts until after the last game.  Feels like the comments end of last season which proved an error on Aneke and Amos.

I do wonder if JJs performance related contract is based on top half and hence we are stuck until the outcome of this game to know who manager will be.  Hope not as that would be crazy.
    Wouldn’t make sense, TS has surely made up his mind either way. If JJ is going I’d expect us to know by early next week.
    What if he doesn't want to sack him (whether that's financial or because 12th would meet the target)? But if we finish bottom half we can get rid of him for free. I'm not saying it's the case but I don't agree it doesn't make sense. 
    Fair point, so it might be that TS is hoping we lose to save him paying JJ off!
    TS said this year's performance was an easy target for JJ (or words to that effect).  He took over when we were bottom 4.  An "easy" target I would imagine would have been top half.

I genuinely think top half sees JJ meet his performance target and TS needing to pay him off if he wanted to replace him and a bottom half finish sees TS having a free shot at replacing him.

Would def explain lack of player contract offers.  Would also be mad.  But there you go.

Interesting take……..you may well be right there.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I hope this is sarcasm
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Leuth said:

Yep. As were Alonso/Gerrard and Modric/Kroos. In fact, I can't think of a single left footed/right footed partnership that was world class?
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    Stewart said:
    Know nothing about this Rudoni guy, but the photo in the south London press has him using his right foot. 
    Footballers only allowed to use one foot then?
    Ours are!
    I thought ours were supposed to head it?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Leuth said:
    I hope this is sarcasm
    Of course it’s sarcasm. I’m sure Leuth wants Rudoni signed up for his surname alone - he sounds like an exciting foreign flair player, he simply must be far more technical than Gilbey.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Leuth said:

Yep. As were Alonso/Gerrard and Modric/Kroos. In fact, I can't think of a single left footed/right footed partnership that was world class?
    Andy Hughes and Danny Hollands
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Leuth said:

Viera and Pettit
    Pogba and Kante
    Walsh and Pitcher
    Kashi and Forster-Caskey 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Leuth said:

Viera and Pettit
    Pogba and Kante
    Walsh and Pitcher
    Kashi and Forster-Caskey 
    Decent shout on Vieira and Petit. Pogba and Kante are both right-footed.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Leuth said:

Viera and Pettit
    Pogba and Kante
    Walsh and Pitcher
    Kashi and Forster-Caskey 
    I don't think Pogba is any footed as in he can use either not neither but I think he is naturally left footed. 
  • Options
    Rudoni is a leftie

Bloody decent player too tbf
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Leuth said:

Viera and Pettit
    Pogba and Kante
    Walsh and Pitcher
    Kashi and Forster-Caskey 
    I don't think Pogba is any footed as in he can use either not neither but I think he is naturally left footed. 
    When he fancies it he is decent with both but I'm 99% sure he is right-footed. Whenever I've seen him stuck on the left he's all right foot. 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Rudoni is a leftie

He'll be popular with the House of Commoners then  ;)
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Leuth said:

Viera and Pettit
    Pogba and Kante
    Walsh and Pitcher
    Kashi and Forster-Caskey 
    Completely forgot about Kashi... he was a great player
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Swisdom said:
    Rudoni is a leftie

I thought you meant Roddyoni. 😌
  • Options
    Budget is of course the elephant in the room.
    I mean, I get it. "It isn't your money", "Thomas said from the outset we would grow sustainably", "We aren't going to 'do a Derby'" etc etc.
    But sometimes you have to ask, how badly do we want X player?
    If we  "sensibly" end up with a bunch of 5th choices, we could be back to square one again.
    Difficult decisions ahead.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Richard J said:
    Transfermkt say Rudoni is left footed.

Therefore along with JFC and Fraser he would ensure that our midfield would have a natural balance. His age wouldn't go against us in the squad cap also. 
    It wouldn't be a balanced midfield if he played alongside JFC and Fraser, as that would be 3 left footers!

Good point about his age, I always thought that we screwed up by not signing any under 21s last summer, meaning that we maxed out our squad numbers
    I meant in terms of squad rotation. This would give us good options. For much of this season we haven't had any variety of set play takers.

Of course we did have a two footed player in Arter, except he was passed his prime. 
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Richard J said:
    Transfermkt say Rudoni is left footed.

Therefore along with JFC and Fraser he would ensure that our midfield would have a natural balance. His age wouldn't go against us in the squad cap also. 
    It wouldn't be a balanced midfield if he played alongside JFC and Fraser, as that would be 3 left footers!

Good point about his age, I always thought that we screwed up by not signing any under 21s last summer, meaning that we maxed out our squad numbers
    I meant in terms of squad rotation. This would give us good options. For much of this season we haven't had any variety of set play takers.

Of course we did have a two footed player in Arter, except he was passed his prime absolute wank
    efa
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    Stockley having Championship interest is another rumour I’ve heard from friends … no idea if it has legs. 

So we really might need to think seriously about Stockton or another … I’d be looking at Orient’s Harry Smith 
    I can just see Ipswich offering stupid money to go up this year 
  • Options
    edited April 2022

Judge JJ on this summer's recruitment, where he has the casting vote; 
    Do you have a source for this assertion?
    Vitally important he gets the casting vote imo.
    Would also like to believe he has significant input in whoo we go for, not just position/type but individual.
    He said at sponsors’ dinner that a lot of stats work is done by recruitment team then he inputs re character and word of mouth. He didn’t describe it as casting vote. 

If the guy who picks the team at League 1 level doesn't get the casting vote then who ?
    Roddy gone, Thomas doesn't but obviously he signed off the deal as it's his money which only leaves Jacko and Steve Gallen.

We were sold this committee way of recruiting last season which left Adkins frustrated after hearing him on Zoom; Nigel definitely didn't sound positive judging by his body language and words. 

Has the new COO guy taken GED Roddy's place ? As it's the manager who carries the can and gets sacked when things don't work out then unless your title is just head coach you must've the final say if it's within the allotted budget of the owner.
    Maybe JJ was just being modest ?

I know the list of 5 for every position was mentioned by *Gallen over the last few seasons but a 5th choice sounds desperate to me.

Other than Charlie Kirk and the loans this season's the transfers were decent last August, the problem was they came in too late to hit the ground running.

* Steve Gallen was given stick by quite a few on here but he should be pleased that Dobson, Clare and CBT all had good seasons and I would claim all 3 of them were my shouts if I was SG !  
  • Options

Would also like to believe he has significant input in whoo we go for, not just position/type but individual.
    He said at sponsors’ dinner that a lot of stats work is done by recruitment team then he inputs re character and word of mouth. He didn’t describe it as casting vote. 

If the guy who picks the team at League 1 level doesn't get the casting vote then who ?
    Roddy gone, Thomas doesn't but obviously he signed off the deal as it's his money which only leaves Jacko and Steve Gallen.

We were sold this committee way of recruiting last season which left Adkins frustrated after hearing him on Zoom; Nigel definitely didn't sound positive judging by his body language and words. 

Has the new COO guy taken GED Roddy's place ? As it's the manager who carries the can and gets sacked when things don't work out then unless your title is just head coach you must've the final say if it's within the allotted budget of the owner.
    Maybe JJ was just being modest ?

I know the list of 5 for every position was mentioned by Gallen over the last few seasons but a 5th choice sounds desperate to me.

Other than Charlie Kirk and the loans this season's the transfers were decent last August, the problem was they came in too late to hit the ground running.
    Adkins didn't get the final say.  Why would you think Jackson will.  Of course he should, but so should have Adkins.  Bowyer didn't in January and had plenty of "money on the bank".

Your underpaying how much influence Thomas has and haven't even mentioned Junior.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    James Norwood due to be released from Ipswich, would anyone take him?
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    His current wages are ridiculous and  out of our level. Turned down Millwall alongside another championship club to join Ipswich. 
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    No thanks. I'm surprised that he's played so regularly in recent months, when Ipswich brought in so many attacking players
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    I’d rather we went back to the days of knicking Ipswich good players, Holland, bent etc. instead of the players they don’t want.Fraser, Norwood .😂🙄
  • Options

Apparently we don't know do we? We can only surmise.
    I'd like to think that Jackson says I want this or that player.
    I suspect it is more likely he identifies what positions he wants filling and what type of player, maybe even a suggestion as to who.
    I presume again that somebody (MS? previously SG?)  identifies a list of targets to fill each role.
    SG negotiates a deal and TS has the final decision to go ahead or move on to the next target down the list.