Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 8 quid pint is with us ...

According to the BBC and The Guardian the 8 quid pint is with us.

One London boozer has an average of 8.06 for its beers. What have you paid lately for a pint ?

Comments

• £6.65 friday The Grand Eastbourne.
  • £6 - £6.50 is typical here (in Peckham). Wouldn’t be surprised at all if £8 was the going rate in some places in town. 
  • £6.20 Bexleyheath Friday 
  • edited June 2022
    £6 at the lingfield racecourse, that was a couple of years ago.
  • I live in West Yorkshire. Now and again you see a £5 pint, but usually under. It was about £2-3 not long ago. Proper beer too. 
  • Prices just gone up in my local village pub, £5.10p for a pint of Timothy Taylor Landlord.
    On the Coast of West Sussex.
  • Wedding reception in Hampshire so captive audience I know, but....

£9.10 thats nine English pounds and ten pence for a pint of gut churningly bad goose Island IPA was costing over 70 quid for a round for 5 people with nobody taking the piss and drinking Singapore Slings or anything kinky 

Neck oil just sailed past the £5 barrier in my local 

• £2.10 for a pint of Doombar in Rochester Wetherspoons last week.
  • Sponsored links:

• I would not want to run a tied pub in this market. I can only imagine the squeeze they are facing from suppliers with no need to compete.

On the other hand, this is good news for Free Houses who can still shop around as they please and Micro's who have both that advantage and the lower overheads.

For those local to SE7, I would imagine you will still get a competitively priced pint in The Long Pond, and I know you will at The River.

This reminds me, I must get into The Long Pond for a pint in the near future. It's long overdue.
  • Happy to report that it's still £2.10 for a pint of Stowford Press in Spouters Corner (Spoons) Wood Green. Had a pint of cider in The Founders Arms the other day and it came in at £6.70!!!
  • Pudds said:
    £2.10 for a pint of Doombar in Rochester Wetherspoons last week.
    You do have to drink Doombar though...

I'll pass :smile:  
    Haha - Was waiting for a response along those lines :D
  • edited June 2022
    Carter said:
    Wedding reception in Hampshire so captive audience I know, but....

£9.10 thats nine English pounds and ten pence for a pint of gut churningly bad goose Island IPA was costing over 70 quid for a round for 5 people with nobody taking the piss and drinking Singapore Slings or anything kinky 

Bloody hell, surprised there wasn’t a riot! 
  • Went to the baseball at the Olympic Stadium a couple of years ago. I can’t remember the exact price but the crap lager was so expensive we just switched to spirits. If I’m paying over a fiver I might as well have something strong. 
  • Pudds said:
    £2.10 for a pint of Doombar in Rochester Wetherspoons last week.
    You do have to drink Doombar though...

I'll pass :smile:  
    Now I do like some bleddy 'ansome drop of Cornish ale ...... but Doombar tidn't what it was backalong.

But if that's all that's there, then it'll have to do. Gone up to £3.90 in my Cornish village local. Tidn't raight, booy.

• £5.50 for Guinness in Nantwich over the weekend - Peroni/Moretti the same.
  • edited June 2022
    Queens Head Chislehurst Carling £4.20
    Mudlark Borough Mkt Guinness £5.75
    Old Thameside  ditto £5.90
    Barrow Boy & Banker ditto £6.25
    Slug & Lettuce O2  ditto £5.50
    O2 - 3 pints & a small can of non alcoholic lager £28.35
    The Lamb Holloway Road - Guinness £5.20
    Emirates - Lager £6.95

So O2 is dearest at roughly £7.75 a pint & £5 for a small can of Beck's zero alcohol. 
  • Sponsored links:

• £6.30 for a pint of San Miguel in the 'spoons at Gatwick a couple of weeks ago.
    £6.50 for a pint of Corona at Abba venue in Stratford on Saturday.
  • Carter said:
    Wedding reception in Hampshire so captive audience I know, but....

I would have been embarrassed to have had my wedding where they charge that  -  all the guests would remember that  even if the rest of the day was fantastic 
  • Part of the building I work in has a pub in it, which my agency owns. The other week I was charged an eye watering £8.80 for a pint of (admittedly decent) craft ale. With the discount we get it made it slightly more bearable, but there were plenty of other people there not benefitting from that and still handing their money over…
  • Stella 8.70 O2
  • Just had a pint of Wild Horse Brewery - 'The Serpent & The Worm' beer (5%) and a tonic water for £7.20 in Llandudno. At home in Northants, usually pay about £4.60 a pint for London Pride in my local.
  • £6.15 for a pint of Camden Hells in the Bulls Head Chislehurst. 
  • Went to Wembley for the play off final then on holiday in france last week, so 8 quid a pint feels about normal for me at this moment in time!

So many places increasingly sticking on tips as well as standard, so even a 6.40 pint is suddenly a 7£ pint. White hart near my work in Southwark does that, terrible. Think the places that offer the QR code / order at table just all do it pretty much automatically now

Graduates at my work basically earn the same starting salary that I got 15 years ago… which is mad when I felt hard up at that point , and now rents, house prices and beers are all twice the cost they were then!
  • Honestly think I’d be teetotal if I still lived in London. 
  • edited June 2022
    I live in West Yorkshire. Now and again you see a £5 pint, but usually under. It was about £2-3 not long ago. Proper beer too. 
    Idle working man's club its about £2.50-£3.00 a pint.  Most places in Leeds are about 4-5 quid a pint, Bradford normally slightly cheaper.

Was paying about 4.50 in morley at the weekend.

Yesterday in Hayes it was about the same.

How many of us are there in West Yorks?