Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:
    If you have bad results the manager is always going to get blamed. But with such an unbalanced squad and so many injuries, plus Stockley, I'm not sure what else I expect BG to do. 

For me the biggest issue is the 'legacy players' brought in by an appalling recruitment strategy.

According to Cawley, JJ described our squad as having "discipline and professionalism" problems. Garner has said the same. 

We also know most of these players are on long-term contracts, with wages that mean we can't get rid of them and bring better characters/players in, and ones who are better suited to this system.

For me, that is:

a) The recruitment teams fault, for failing to properly assess the personality and playing qualities of the players.

And b) The players faults for being unprofessional, which is the minimum we should expect as Charlton fans. If you're not going to be good enough for a promotion challenge, at least be hardworking. These are neither. 

None of that is Garner's fault. You look at the people he has been allowed to bring in, someone like Egbo,  who is up for every game, and you know the kind of player BG wants.
    This started under Bowyer.  A lot (by no means all) of the players are better than our performances suggest over the last 2 years.  It goes all the way back to that Gillingham away game.

The whole playing squad has churned in that time, bar 2 or 3.  It's a totally different coaching set up as well.

I think part of the problem is the players aren't beholden to the manager for their future.  They know he will get sacked/leave before they do so they don't have the loyalty.

I am not claiming they are world beaters and of course there are, obvious, gaps in the squad but they should be doing better, they should have done better last season and the one before.

Wait so it wasn't Matthews, Washington,Watson and Gunter?!?!?!

It's DJ, JFC,  Stockley and Inniss!

😱😱😱

The turn over of players, and coaching staff, strongly suggests there is more to it.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    shirty5 said:

Bang goes that job as an University lecturer and the evening one working in the local brewery
    Works both ways in employment law, if you are committed for twelve months then so is the company, unenforceable as somebody stated but stupid if any company sets it in a contract as they would be liable to pay up the contract in any circumstances. 
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    It's all getting very Rolandy.

I've not seen anything to suggest the current dozy incumbent of this great club is doing any less damage than Roland.
    We've protested over on par situations in the past.
    Can anyone tell me one positive implementation that this fella has bought to us in nigh on two years?

#Sandgaardout!
    I think the protests would probably start after January if/when we’ve fallen way off the play offs. Somehow we are still not that far off them at the moment so TS has a January window to try and save himself  
    I don't think protests will be necessary, Sandgaard doesn't have the money that RD has and is getting desperate to offload. I suppose he might worry if he was showing prospective buyers around and it was all kicking off, one flaw in that plan though, nobody will give him a bean for the club so there won't be anyone to show around.
  • Options
    The non compete clause quoted is too long and completely unenforceable particularly for relatively lower paid employees 
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    NabySarr said:

I've not seen anything to suggest the current dozy incumbent of this great club is doing any less damage than Roland.
    Can anyone tell me one positive implementation that this fella has bought to us in nigh on two years?

#Sandgaardout!
    I think the protests would probably start after January if/when we’ve fallen way off the play offs. Somehow we are still not that far off them at the moment so TS has a January window to try and save himself  
    I don't think protests will be necessary, Sandgaard doesn't have the money that RD has and is getting desperate to offload. I suppose he might worry if he was showing prospective buyers around and it was all kicking off, one flaw in that plan though, nobody will give him a bean for the club so there won't be anyone to show around.
    Is he desperate to offload? That’s an assumption. If he wanted out I don’t know why he wouldn’t just say so to avoid any grief. Even if he is looking for a way out I think he would need pressure put on him to drop his probably deluded asking price so protests would still be necessary
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Are noncompete clauses far more common in the states?
    Depends on the state - I think can’t be enforced in California and some others. They keep trying to get them outlawed in Massachusetts. I know some of the other New England states have some wage limit, because some fast food outlets were trying to put them in their contracts. Why anyone would stick a non- compete clause in a contract for a minimum wage job is beyond me. 
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    Bailey said:
    NabySarr said:

#Sandgaardout!
    Is he desperate to offload? That’s an assumption. If he wanted out I don’t know why he wouldn’t just say so to avoid any grief. Even if he is looking for a way out I think he would need pressure put on him to drop his probably deluded asking price so protests would still be necessary
    If Sandgaard wants out I think he’ll very quickly realise that the club is worth virtually nothing. Fwiw I don’t think he is looking to sell.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Are noncompete clauses far more common in the states?
    Depends on the state - I think can’t be enforced in California and some others. They keep trying to get them outlawed in Massachusetts. I know some of the other New England states have some wage limit, because some fast food outlets were trying to put them in their contracts. Why anyone would stick a non- compete clause in a contract for a minimum wage job is beyond me. 
    I know of one from Connecticut that caused a big out of court settlement but that was for mega money and very niche.
  • Options

#Sandgaardout!
    Agreed. We’re watching Charlton slowly die, enough is enough for me. 
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    NabySarr said:

#Sandgaardout!
    Correct me if I’m wrong but there hasn’t been one suggestion that he’s actually open to selling the club has there? If so, this is a moot point. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nope, air traffic control so all is good there 👍😉
  • Options

And here is the proof !!!

I have one of the solid silver keys that actually started the plane !!
    Are they all living in a parallel universe where everything is on its side?
    I just thought the plane was taking off
    The space shuttle was decommissioned?
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Bailey said:
    NabySarr said:

#Sandgaardout!
    Correct me if I’m wrong but there hasn’t been one suggestion that he’s actually open to selling the club has there? If so, this is a moot point. 
    If you have been following this thread from the start, you might like to refresh your memory regarding positive posts that AB has made on this subject, the most recent, I believe, only a week or so ago. 
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    And what if the employee declines to sign this contract amendment? It can't be imposed unilaterally
    Just been told we can expect more to leave because of this, they know the tactics that will be used if they refuse to sign so will get out first.
    The owners have been advised not to go ahead *but surprisingly have not listened to that advice. 

* me being sarcastic 
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    IdleHans said:
    And what if the employee declines to sign this contract amendment? It can't be imposed unilaterally
    Just been told we can expect more to leave because of this, they know the tactics that will be used if they refuse to sign so will get out first.
    The owners have been advised not to go ahead *but surprisingly have not listened to that advice. 

* me being sarcastic 
    No surprise there, then ! 
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    NabySarr said:

#Sandgaardout!
    I honestly don't believe there is the stomach for protests anymore.
    For myself, the fight has gone out of me. I've lost the will.
    I think attendances will progressively erode, unless we somehow fluke a spawney promotion challenge against all odds.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Bailey said:
    NabySarr said:

#Sandgaardout!
    He is certainly open to selling but not for a price anyone would pay.

My info has gone from its not for sale but you could buy it if you really wanted to to it will cost you x.

• Options
    So basically, I get the impression that TS actively seeking investment but will not give up control, despite having nothing tangible as collateral.    

He has no chance … which cannot be good for us.  

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    stonemuse said:
    So basically, I get the impression that TS actively seeking investment but will not give up control, despite having nothing tangible as collateral.    

He has no chance … which cannot be good for us.  

There is nothing to "invest" in is there.
    Does he seriously expect somebody to come in and help pay his bills?
    The question is where will the club be by the time he is forced to face up to reality.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Bailey said:
    NabySarr said:

#Sandgaardout!

My info has gone from its not for sale but you could buy it if you really wanted to to it will cost you x.

Well, I guess a kiss is a small price to pay  ;)
    Pucker up Tommy
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    NabySarr said:

#Sandgaardout!
    I honestly don't believe there is the stomach for protests anymore.
    For myself, the fight has gone out of me. I've lost the will.
    I think attendances will progressively erode, unless we somehow fluke a spawney promotion challenge against all odds.
    I'd never say never to any form of protest as long as it was well thought out & organised and had the backing of enough fans to make it a worthwhile "exercise". But I doubt TS would even blink unless it was something on a large enough scale to seriously  threaten his income. 

It's crystal clear to me that there will be a tipping point before too long & he will be forced to make a decision, however difficult & ego bruising it will be. Presumably that would mean seriously reducing his asking price....

Whether there are ways to help push him to this point without actually protesting, it would take sharper brains than mine to come up with a cunning plan but I live in hope. I'd vote for trying anything that might help him on his merry way rather than become increasingly depressed & concerned with the the current state of the club that plays a huge part in my life. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Bailey said:
    NabySarr said:

#Sandgaardout!

You would say that if you were trying to get as much money back as possible.

If he says I can’t afford to run the club and I’m desperate to move it on he might only get offers to take it off his hands for nothing.