Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-Match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Bristol Rovers | Saturday 17th December 2022

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2022
    Never seen a match when one player was so responsible for our defeat, especially when that player scored. Two shocking errors let to their goals, another could have led to a third. 
    Such a shame after we started so well. Should have two up, even three at half time. 
    Payne could have equalised, but missed the ball completely. At least he worked hard today, and got into the box. 
    CBT was decent, Dobbo was good, we had our moments, but all self believe vanished after their equaliser, and you could only see it going one way, sadly. 
    Liked the new Sandgaard song. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    mogodon said:

You look at this league table and the clubs all around us and youre gut reaction is how much better we are than any of them and how we don't deserve to be down there with them.

The reality kicks in and you realise that's exactly where we deserve to be at the moment.  Thanks Thomas.
    Only Exeter and Bristol Rovers beyond that section of the table have conceded more than us

Only six teams (only three are in the top six) have scored more goals than us this season

Need to put the focus squarely on the defence in the January Transfer Window, this team knows how to create and score chances - Cut out the stupid fuck ups at the back and we might start to keep some clean sheets in the process, and make the lives of our attackers a bit more simpler 
  • Options
    Shambles!!!!!!!!

too many lightweight players who either dnt care to fight and put effort or just are that bad ! 

i actually watched individuals today off the ball and i must say one who stood out was CBT wooow he is one lazzzzy good for nothing waster !! Even when he gets in a good position he cant cross to save his life what does he/we get him doing in training
    kirk is always the same when he comes on aswell they pull out of tackles all the time or jump for a header with no intention of actually going and winning it its so obvious aswell

morgan wasnt even on long and still manages to pull people down and foul and even right at the end when he cld of played a simple ball up the line for a counter he trys his usual hollywood long passes like hes a prem player and its wasted
    throw him in the bin asap sick of it !!!!! 

literally so many dont have a football brain its scary !!!!
    so done with most of this mob
    inniss was at fault and just isnt good enough but at least he trys and battles 
    we are seriously in the💩💩🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    How is Clare not getting some of the blame for the first, he had a chance to go long and passes it to 'Calamity Jane'. It should never have got anywhere near that clown. 
    Because no doubt, that's the way he's instructed to play.

• Options
    Charlton are no different to many other organisations These days. Everything is someone else’s fault, won’t take responsibility and will wait for someone else to do it. We are shite at the moment and Sandgaard needs to step up or piss off. Second rate managers  and players on the cheap ain’t going to solve anything 
  • Options
    We needed two new hood quality centre backs and a left foot fullback  all of at least top quality league one players from before the season started. Many of us were calling for this even it ment making do with the strike force as it was in June.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

You look at this league table and the clubs all around us and youre gut reaction is how much better we are than any of them and how we don't deserve to be down there with them.

The reality kicks in and you realise that's exactly where we deserve to be at the moment.  Thanks Thomas.
    Only Exeter and Bristol Rovers beyond that section of the table have conceded more than us

Only six teams (only three are in the top six) have scored more goals than us this season

Need to put the focus squarely on the defence in the January Transfer Window, this team knows how to create and score chances - Cut out the stupid fuck ups at the back and we might start to keep some clean sheets in the process, and make the lives of our attackers a bit more simpler 
    That's lucky. I thought we were in trouble for a minute
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    msomerton said:
    We needed two new hood quality centre backs and a left foot fullback  all of at least top quality league one players from before the season started. Many of us were calling for this even it ment making do with the strike force as it was in June.
    The club were getting pelters in August because we werent trying to get another Striker in, with Garner being ridiculed because he wanted to focus on another CB instead of Striker.
  • Options
    Can't accept that Inniss is anywhere near good enough. He makes at least 1 mistake per 90 (usually more).

Wouldn't even want him in league 2, he is utterly useless.
  • Options
    Damien Matthews and Ben Roberts must be well happy. They no longer hold Charlton's worst ever management record.
  • Options
    mogodon said:
    mogodon said:

We are... Because we cant keep the ball out of the net

Sorry I'll use pictures and finger puppets for you next time to dumb it down
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Can't accept that Inniss is anywhere near good enough. He makes at least 1 mistake per 90 (usually more).

He's always been really good at defending itself. The issues are all with him on the ball. I don't disagree they're serious issues, but c'mon, he more than has his uses 
  • Options
    I would rather play Deji and Mitchell than the 2 we started today. If Brighton take Wednesday seriously they could stick literally any amount of goals past us if we start with that pair of twats 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Am I the only person who disagrees with this 'we should have been 3 or 4 up at half time'? I thought we were ok against an average Rovers side who we let back it in for the last ten minutes of the first half. They were always going to be better second half whilst we were woeful all over the pitch, special mention in dispatches though to Inniss. However, in general, we are absolute toilet.
  • Options
    Innis gave them the game. They didn't look anywhere near it even when we dropped off.

Get rid of the lanky fuck. We need so many improvements its a joke.

We should have win but didn't...story of the season.

Also...of all people...Marquis..horrible little shite
  • Options
    mogodon said:
    mogodon said:

We are... Because we cant keep the ball out of the net

Sorry I'll use pictures and finger puppets for you next time to dumb it down
    Er ... irony / sarcasm?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh and Hayes needs BT and RL on the correct wings from now on.
  • Options
    Don’t like anything to do with Charlton at the moment,
    don’t like charlton tv as it stopped me from going (thankfully )
    and I hate the fact that I’m not enjoying it😡
  • Options
    Never have I felt so ambivalent when we scored or when they did. Even in the low league Mickey mouse cups I am usually pleased when we score but today for the first time in 50 odd years I didn't react at all. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Laddick01 said:

He's always been really good at defending itself. The issues are all with him on the ball. I don't disagree they're serious issues, but c'mon, he more than has his uses 
    But his ability to make a mistake wether its stalling on the ball or getting sent off negates that. What's the point in having a player who makes so many mistakes?
  • Options
    The circus has rolled into Charlton early this year and Ryan Innis is CoCo the clown 🤡 
  • Options
    Attendance given as 12 ,340

I imagine that there were never 9,000 bums on seats.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    I have never believed we could go down to Division Two … always had at least a modicum of optimism.  

For the first time, I’m not so sure.  
    Similar here. I still believe we'll finish about 14th but we need a change in fortunes now.