Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• Options
    Redhenry said:
    If we haven't signed a LB in time for tomorrow, it doesn't bode well for the rest of the window IMHO
    It’s clear we want Edun. Why would we bring someone in today (for one game) when we are likely to be able to get our first choice next week?

We’ve gone the whole season without a LB so one more game won’t make or break our year.
    We may want Edun but I disagree we will likely get our first choice next week. It will probably play out that on deadline day either Blackburn won’t release him or he’ll go to a Championship club and we will get the usual ‘we tried, but ...’. 
    I dont think the second option happens. It really does seem Blackburn were all set to loan him to us. 
  • Options
    What is the extent of the supposed injury that Edun picked up? 
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Redhenry said:
    If we haven't signed a LB in time for tomorrow, it doesn't bode well for the rest of the window IMHO
    Does the last 20 days not tell you everything you need to know already?
    What u heard? i mean facts, not the usual whingers stuff
    Facts = x1 injured player and x1 ex player until end of the season. 
  • Options
    I thought thus time would be different 

I thought thus time, with Andy Scott in charge, we would finally bring in some quality players.

But no. Its same old same old. 

I suppose with the 3 wins since the New Year it has at least quelled the relegation fears somewhat......and making any major signings less important.

Will just have to continue with square pegs in round holes for yet another season. 

Sigh..
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    What is the extent of the supposed injury that Edun picked up? 
    He isn't injured - Think the hold up is because Blackburn wont let him go, without finding a replacement. Tomasson got quoted the other day saying that no one will leave the building until others come in

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-team-news-coventry-city-loanee-set-to-be-missing-for-a-number-of-weeks/

Charlton hold an interest in Blackburn’s Tayo Edun and our publication had been told recently they were close to securing him on loan. A sore Achilles saw him withdraw from U21 action the other day but Rovers head coach Jon Dahl Tomasson says he is available for their match at Bristol City this weekend.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Redrobo said:
    We should count ourselves lucky that TS has been paying our wages on time…not like Wigan see news about to break (3 points deduction coming up) for 3 late payments of wages last year https://www.efl.com/contentassets/2360941774f04705bf2c384b511bca04/efl--wigan-athletic---agreed-decision.pdf
    Suspended 3 point deduction.
    No, they already had a suspended 3 point deduction. This ruling says if they transgress once more before the end of the year then the 3 points deduction will come into force.

So......the suspension has been suspended. Again.

• Options

I thought thus time, with Andy Scott in charge, we would finally bring in some quality players.

I suppose with the 3 wins since the New Year it has at least quelled the relegation fears somewhat......and making any major signings less important.

Will just have to continue with square pegs in round holes for yet another season. 

Sigh..
    It’s this that I find so confusing. Why was he employed, albeit on a very short deal? Maybe you can enlighten us @Redhenry

• Options
    Not easily done when he only joined three days prior to the window opening - Need to be better prepared than that, hence why you'll hear others saying that our preparation for the Summer Window often begins in March
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Redhenry said:
    Does the last 20 days not tell you everything you need to know already?
    What u heard? i mean facts, not the usual whingers stuff

Like this you mean?

Redhenry said:

How is that whinging, its an opinion... jeez, u take the biscuit pal!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ipswich have signed Defender: Harry Clarke from Arsenal for an undisclosed fee, yet rumoured be close to a seven figures.

Another factor that isn't helping anyone - Even League One transfer fees are fucking ridiculous now
    Been playing regularly for Stoke this season on loan, so he isn't the usual signing from PL clubs L1 sides make. 
  • Options
    mart77 said:

Sigh..
    It’s this that I find so confusing. Why was he employed, albeit on a very short deal? Maybe you can enlighten us @Redhenry

He does still have eleven days left on that contract. I’m not suggesting one way or another whether his stay will be looked at as a success or a wtf moment. But we can’t make a judgement quite yet.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    We should count ourselves lucky that TS has been paying our wages on time…not like Wigan see news about to break (3 points deduction coming up) for 3 late payments of wages last year https://www.efl.com/contentassets/2360941774f04705bf2c384b511bca04/efl--wigan-athletic---agreed-decision.pdf
    Suspended 3 point deduction.
    No, they already had a suspended 3 point deduction. This ruling says if they transgress once more before the end of the year then the 3 points deduction will come into force.

So......the suspension has been suspended. Again.

Are you saying the wages are late again?
  • Options
    The last 3 wins have meant the urgent need for reinforcements to secure safety are no longer required. Sandgaard can save some cash. 
  • Options
    Blackburn hoping to sign Porteous from Hibs next week, central defender, and maybe that releases Edun.
  • Options
    mart77 said:

Sigh..

He does still have eleven days left on that contract. I’m not suggesting one way or another whether his stay will be looked at as a success or a wtf moment. But we can’t make a judgement quite yet.
    I suspect that as he's apparently an expert deal maker, he's been tasked with helping to flog the club, not deal with transfers.
  • Options
    Absolute wind-up surely?
  • Options
    @Scoham clearly trying to get his lol count up 😂
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not easily done when he only joined three days prior to the window opening - Need to be better prepared than that, hence why you'll hear others saying that our preparation for the Summer Window often begins in March
    Or maybe that's not why Scott is here... 
  • Options
    TEL said:

If the above is even remotely correct then football in league one..  Division 3 ffs is absolutely bonkers!
    Where did you find this list chap,

Find it really hard to believe Plymouth have two players on 900k a year 
    It was on the same site that an earlier poster listed, quoting what some of our players were earning. I looked at the menu and found a top earnings tab for league one. I knew Bannan was on around £20k a week as it was widely known when Wednesday got relegated. 
  • Options

Sigh..
    I didn’t realise the window had slammed shut?
  • Options
    Plymouth having two players on 18K a week is mind blowing if true.
    Is that what are Plymouth paying or what they are on at the parent club
  • Options
    Got to say disappointing transfer window.  Trouble is you can have the ambition but if players don’t want to come, unless you pay silly wages it’s going to be tough 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Plymouth having two players on 18K a week is mind blowing if true.
    Is that what are Plymouth paying or what they are on at the parent club
    The latter. No way do Plymouth have that kind of money.
  • Options
    And the January window started in the Autumn......or so we were told by SG.

Its not as if needing a LB or a couple of strikers was a new problem. We all knew on Sept 1st we were light in these areas. 2/3rds of the way into the window & we've signed an ex-player who wasn't all that 1st time around & a defender who lasted less than 45 mins before limping off & probably wont be seen this side of Easter. 

But never mind, we always have the summer window to look forward to. Pretty sure we wont be in this position then 😅😅😅
    I thought you were done.