Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• Options
    All seems a bit chaotic and scattergun?
  • Options
    Dizzle said:
    Former player Junior Quirtana (not sure on that spelling) he joined Fleetwood and then subsequently been loaned to Altrincham for the rest of the season.
    Was done to help keep him playing in hope he can get work permit to go back to Waterford if he gets a permit granted.
  • Options
    It's clear we are having a clear out to save money on wages and going to rely on our under 23s and loans to step in. 

Kinda surprised DJ hasn't been loaned out. Cant see any willing takers for Aneke. 

Positives is that our under 23s will continue to get valuable experience also haven't sold any key players apart from O'Connell. 

First wish for next season is to just get a consistent back 4 it's not just the players it's the unit to build solid foundations. 

My second wish is to ditch the inconsistent wide players it just hasn't worked for us time and time again and focus on 2 strikers to form a partnership and go back to having a quality midfield to create, score and assist them like under Bowyer and Powell. 

• Options
    edited January 2023
    Brave to finish the season with Ness, Inniss and Hector as our 3 CB's. One suspension/injury and we're proper fucked.
    We've still got 1.5 hours to go, who knows where we will end up..
  • Options
    I didnt want him to go but fucking hell, the meltdown on here.

They have more money to offer him and at the end of the day, that is the key! 

Players come and go...get on with it.
    Totally agree. There’s no law that says you can hang on to every player you want to keep. Especially if he’s not been a starter recently. 
    There are loads of reasons why O’Connell might have wanted to go to Wrexham, even if they’re currently non league. He might even see it as more of an adventure than playing for us, never mind the pay rise. 
    It’s just getting a bit ‘mass hysteria’ at the moment.
    I’m not saying it’s been a great window, because I don’t know these players they’ve brought in, other than Bonne. I don’t think any of us do really. 
  • Options
    Brave to finish the season with Ness, Inniss and Hector as our 3 CB's. One suspension/injury and we're proper fucked.
    Worse off? 🤣
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    @ForeverAddickted

I shouldn't care as much as I do.
    Not with the bunch of chancers we've endured
    But it's in the blood 
    Charlton 'till I die
    I just one of those people who seethes insides, and wants to bang my head against the wall at times - But prefer to play the idiot as its more fun, and makes me feel better. Its just masking how I truly feel.
  • Options
    Well we wanted an exciting window !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mrkinski said:
    Worse off? 🤣
    Exactly...
  • Options
    We signed anyone yet?
  • Options
    AddickRam said:
    It's clear we are having a clear out to save money on wages and going to rely on our under 23s and loans to step in. 

Kinda surprised DJ hasn't been loaned out. Cant see any willing takers for Aneke. 

Positives is that our under 23s will continue to get valuable experience also haven't sold any key players apart from O'Connell. 

First wish for next season is to just get a consistent back 4 it's not just the players it's the unit to build solid foundations. 

My second wish is to ditch the inconsistent wide players it just hasn't worked for us time and time again and focus on 2 strikers to form a partnership and go back to having a quality midfield to create, score and assist them like under Bowyer and Powell. 

I think we should go back to the 235 that served Jimmy Seed so well.  String for a cross bar, baggy shorts, muddy pitches, proper leather balls, jumpers for goal posts.  Marvellous.
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    Other than O’Connell, I think this has been my favourite deadline day for years! 😂 Got rid of so much crap!
    I'm with you RC, I just can't get upset about losing shit. 
  • Options
    Ignoring the pros and (mostly) cons.  Has to be one of our busiest deadline days in a long long time?
  • Options
    Surely another CB coming in.

Must be someone else out there who hasn’t played for 2 years but fancies a kick about.
    You're in sign here !
  • Options
    Do you think we’ll be playing Wrexham next season?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got to feel sorry for DH in all this, doubt he’s had much input or he surely wouldn’t have left himself so thin at the back.
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Bailey said:
    If you lot lose the plot over Lavelle and Thomas going, you need your bumps read. I get the feeling over O'Connell but those two are shit. 
    Nope, I'm losing the plot over the fact we'll have Inniss (liability), Hector (unfit) and Ness as our only CBs
    Crazy. 
    But Mitchell is a real prospect, although you wouldn’t want him being thrown in too often. You just have to hope another CB is in the pipeline. 
  • Options
    Bit like our front line…..I have never known anything like it…
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    Other than O’Connell, I think this has been my favourite deadline day for years! 😂 Got rid of so much crap!
    Well that’s most apart from Dobson