Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall vs Charlton Athletic Pre-Season Friendly 25/7/2023 Match (& post p14) Thread

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    stonemuse said:
    Away to a team in the playoffs last year a division above, and we got a draw … more than happy with that 
    Millwall didn't get in the playoffs...

Bottle jobs.
    Very true lol
  • Options
    McGrandles looks like a more than able deputy for Dobson. Think he looked tidy after coming on.
    Yeah he did nothing wrong, thought that was the most settled he's looked. 
  • Options
    I came to the realisation a long time ago that as long as I’ve got a hole in my arse, we won’t beat Millwall.

they could start the game with ten men and still not lose.
  • Options
    Loved the Millwall singing 2-0 and you fucked it up. I couldn't hear but I hope we replied with 3-1 and you fucked it up.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    McGrandles looks like a more than able deputy for Dobson. Think he looked tidy after coming on.
    Yeah he did nothing wrong, thought that was the most settled he's looked. 

Esse looks a real talent and was running the show for them until McGrandles came on.

It's funny because Dobson kept Flemming quiet, but couldn't handle Esse. Wonder how McGrandles would've faired against Flemming.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Christ... Jaiyesimi looked so slow attacking just a moment ago
    He did brilliantly and set it up for Payne? Why does it have to be framed like he screwed it up 
    Where did I say that he looked as though he screwed up :D

Calm down - I simply thought he looked as though he'd lost a yard of pace from what I remember
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Loved the Millwall singing 2-0 and you fucked it up. I couldn't hear but I hope we replied with 3-1 and you fucked it up.
    Yeah we were singing that second half which is why they sung it
  • Options
    Enjoyed that, roll on the season now, we have some good young players and with our new signings as well, we should do well. Real hope at last!
  • Options
    It's good we didn't win btw. We'll beat them in the league soon enough 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On this showing, Isted doesn’t look like an upgrade in AMB 
    26 years old, only played 22 senior games the rest have been non league. Got to be a worry ?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    It's good we didn't win btw. We'll beat them in the league soon enough 

Not sure we will :)
  • Options
    Very decent performance 
  • Options
    When was the last time we beat them ?
  • Options
    We beat them in a friendly around 2006 didnt we?

The way they celebrated getting it back to 2-2, that surely has to count
  • Options
    The fact is, if we wanted to win tonight we could have at 2-0 but we switched formation because the result isn't important and this is about preparing for important games to come. Having said that, as a fan I would have liked to have beaten them but we had a very young side out there and they outplayed experienced Championship players for large chunks of the game. I thought Anderson had a good game, needs to work on his passing which is a strength of his but you get less time. Elewere had a good game, As did Fraser and May showed he can play on his own up front. Lots of good performances but Dobbo was the stand out for me. 
    I don’t think Anderson has a problem with passing, needs to keep his concentration on the simple pass.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Pre-season 06/07? 3-1 I think. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looks very promising with this performance. First hour the better team by far...then the changes came and they brought on their speed merchants and squared it up. Some very strong performances from the squad and the keeper was much more comfortable with the old fashioned clearances (and great blocking tackle near the end). Senior players missing tonight and fresh talent acquired today. Could be tasty this season. 
  • Options
    Tell me we lost on penalties and are out of that shithouse competition 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Big test for my boooooing theory this half 
    Let’s make sure we give it to our lot whenever we fall behind at ht 

• Options
    edited July 2023
    Redrobo said:
    The fact is, if we wanted to win tonight we could have at 2-0 but we switched formation because the result isn't important and this is about preparing for important games to come. Having said that, as a fan I would have liked to have beaten them but we had a very young side out there and they outplayed experienced Championship players for large chunks of the game. I thought Anderson had a good game, needs to work on his passing which is a strength of his but you get less time. Elewere had a good game, As did Fraser and May showed he can play on his own up front. Lots of good performances but Dobbo was the stand out for me. 
    I don’t think Anderson has a problem with passing, needs to keep his concentration on the simple pass.
    Which was my point, it is a strength of his but it is harder when there is more pressure on you. Hs passing in the youth side got my attention. I think he could get into contention for a first team starter if he continues on his trajectory.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Pre-season 06/07? 3-1 I think. 
    Oh great. There’s a fair chance I’ll never see us beat them again.
  • Options
    Hector, Jones, Edun, Leaburn (September), AMB, and possibly Terry Taylor to push for starting positions to join the likes of May, Dobson, Ness and Fraser who is looking good. Young Anderson is pushing to be in the 18. 
    Campbell, CBT pushing for starting depending on formations.

Seesaw of emotions with the anxiety ridden Charlton fans but we stepped up many divisions from Wealdstone and competition is taking place. 

Dean Holden's gig and I wish him well.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    CBT would start for me. His pace opens teams up. Definitely if the defenders we play against are slow which is most of them at this level.
  • Options
    Really enjoyed that game, good entertainment. Some great football played by us, and a good time to learn. Rather we concede 2 from counter attacks now than in the league when we need points.
    Do we get to keep the cup as it's a draw?
  • Options
    Bottle jobs. 

Welcome to Charlton.