Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    In time honoured fashion, their manager telling fans what they want to hear.

Exeter will of course need a replacement signed or ready to sign before they will let Nombe leave.
    Only common sense - they won't sell if it leaves them without a main striker for the opening game of the season next week.

That’s deffo signing tomorrow 
    Did you read that today in the Exeter Express & Echo, Ronnie?     

• Options
    At least one of these players will be the 2023 Ajose.
    It's hard to belive Ajose played more pro games for us than any other club.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Played 42 times for us, and 69 times for Swindon 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Played 42 times for us, and 69 times for Swindon 
    Didn't know Ajose retired at 29 and went into coaching
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:
    In time honoured fashion, their manager telling fans what they want to hear.

Exeter will of course need a replacement signed or ready to sign before they will let Nombe leave.
    Only common sense - they won't sell if it leaves them without a main striker for the opening game of the season next week.

That’s deffo signing tomorrow 
    Did you read that today in the Exeter Express & Echo, Ronnie?     

Don’t people read anything …… their manager stood in front of Exeter fans and said that he was not leaving … I said that means he deffo going now then 
  • Options
    So, where did all the Nombe 'bid accepted' smoke come from?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mendonca said:
    The Exeter side mostly. Where they got it from I don't know.
  • Options
    They've got another young player  Divin Mubama, who has done even better in preseason but Moyes has said he wants to keep him thus season and he'll get game time at West Ham not on loan.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    mendonca said:
    The Exeter side mostly. Where they got it from I don't know.
    Nombe going barbers in South West London. Be funny if he signs for MK Dons
  • Options
    .....or Sutton
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    mendonca said:
    The Vatican.
  • Options
    There's a young striker doing well at West Ham in preseason (and has a couple of caps for NI already), Callum Marshall who's been linked with being loaned out.

Could be a useful loan as a fourth striker if we go for one - low cost, low risk as an extra option.

I still expect us to only sign one more stiker though.

When was he linked with us? I don’t remember the name.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    There's a young striker doing well at West Ham in preseason (and has a couple of caps for NI already), Callum Marshall who's been linked with being loaned out.

Could be a useful loan as a fourth striker if we go for one - low cost, low risk as an extra option.

When was he linked with us? I don’t remember the name.
    He's saying he's linked with a loan out in general, not necessarily to us
  • Options

What kind of striker is he? I think if we genuinely are only going for one more striker it needs be a link up type a la Kermorgant or Burton. My money is still on two more strikers personally, one permanent and one loanee (probably a "versatile" one.)
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    I have to say, it's quite positive that we are competing with championship sides for players rather than league 2 sides like we were previous seasons 

Can't say I know much about the player but if he's being looked at by clubs like Birmingham and Huddersfield he can't be too shabby 
    In competition for a cheap, low risk gamble. Why have a 4th division team let him go?

Same way we let Bauer, Aribo and Taylor go 
    We did not let any of them go .. all three decided to leave 
    Jesus Christ. I’m surprised you can find your arse to wipe it. 
  • Options
    Getting withdrawal symptoms, 2 days without a signing :(
  • Options
    If we were going to pay £1m for a striker in this league I think i'd rather have Clarke-Harris
    The thing is the owners will look at Nombe (24 years old) and see potential there and the room for improvement. If he did well for us he could be worth a few million in 2-3 years if we're in the championship.

JCH is 29 and whilst he pretty much guarantees 25 goals a season, there wouldn't be any sell on value as he'll be the wrong side of 30 soon.

So it's a tricky one. Guaranteed goals from JCH versus Nombe who has a higher ceiling in terms of career potential.
    JCH is likely to cost more than £1m as well. I’d go with Nombe but wouldn’t pay 7 figures for him. Surely we can find another for £500-700k that the selling team isn’t asking for too much on? 
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    If we were going to pay £1m for a striker in this league I think i'd rather have Clarke-Harris
    The thing is the owners will look at Nombe (24 years old) and see potential there and the room for improvement. If he did well for us he could be worth a few million in 2-3 years if we're in the championship.

JCH is 29 and whilst he pretty much guarantees 25 goals a season, there wouldn't be any sell on value as he'll be the wrong side of 30 soon.

So it's a tricky one. Guaranteed goals from JCH versus Nombe who has a higher ceiling in terms of career potential.
    JCH is likely to cost more than £1m as well. I’d go with Nombe but wouldn’t pay 7 figures for him. Surely we can find another for £500-700k that the selling team isn’t asking for too much on? 
    Might well depend on who we can shift out and how that impacts on the budget in both terms of wages and perhaps even if we get a fee. 
  • Options
    Not sure on the specifics but Exeter probably earn at least 1 million more by being in league 1 than they would league 2 (tv deal, bigger crowds etc). Nombe is probably the difference between league 1 and 2 next season for them and securing another year of that income. So I think it’s fair they are asking for that much as that is his value to them, and even if they lose him on a free then them having him this season secures another year of league 1 income