Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Matt Fry and Nicky Forster Signed On Loan To End Of Season

edited March 2010 in General Charlton
On the OS now, signed to end of season on loan.

Really pleased with Forster, goalscorer and experienced. With only one fit striker this was needed.

Do not know much about Matt Fry, had a loan at Gills and can play CB or FB!

Comments

• Glad he's got some bods in. Forster is experienced and Fry should be keen to make an impression. Warner in goals too.
  • brilliant signing of Forster, never heard of the other geezer!
  • Bloody hell!
    I thought you meant Fryatt from Leiester then
  • nice one. Forster gives us a natural goalscorer. Fry is cover for the left side of defence.
  • Nicky Forster is a good goal scorer at this level even at his age. Strange that Brighton let their top goal scorer go especially considering where they are. Good news for us though.

Don't know much about Matt Fry, but if he can tackle then he gets my vote in defence :-)
  • Another two loan signings. Another two nails in the promotion coffin. The worst thing the board ever did was give Phil Parkinson money to spend.
  • happy with Forster and Fry should provide cover, maybe Borrowdale loan may not be extended so will be needed at LB. Board have backed Parky again - looks like his rant had the desired effect - can't complain imo that they havn't backed him.
  • On the negative side, we can only have 5 loans in the match squad, we now have:

Warner (always going to be in the sqaud)
    Borrowdale
    Fry
    Reid
    Mooney
    A Sodje
    Forster

Two have to miss out!
  • Sounds like a great pair of signings. Sounds like Parkinson thinks highly of Forster, given their extensive history together! Hopefully that pays off...
  • WELL DONE PARKY AND BOARD
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]On the negative side, we can only have 5 loans in the match squad, we now have:

Borrowdale
    Fry
    Reid
    Mooney
    A Sodje
    Forster

Two have to miss out![/quote]

Bye Bye Sodje And Mooney then!
  • [cite]Posted By: JollyRobin[/cite]Another two loan signings. Another two nails in the promotion coffin. The worst thing the board ever did was give Phil Parkinson money to spend.

What money? It was Pardew who spent it all. Plus we can't make permanent signings in this window. Who would you have signed instead then?

Two good signings. Forster is a quality player and Parky knows him well so he should know how to play him and who is best suited to play with him. Just what we needed. Would have liked someone with a bit of pace but we could have just added some vital experience to our promotion push today.
  • sorry totally underwhelmed by the Forster signing dont know the other fella.
  • must admit that the forster signing could prove vital

congrats to all those involved
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]On the negative side, we can only have 5 loans in the match squad, we now have:

Borrowdale
    Fry
    Reid
    Mooney
    A Sodje
    Forster

Two have to miss out!

WARNER isn't a loan. Was a free agent and signed a two-month deal.
  • very happy with Forster, never heard of the other bloke !
  • Happy with a striker, and finally maybe just maybe we have signed a striker who can come in and score goals at this level.

Maybe...
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JollyRobin[/cite]Another two loan signings. Another two nails in the promotion coffin. The worst thing the board ever did was give Phil Parkinson money to spend.

What money? It was Pardew who spent it all. Plus we can't make permanent signings in this window. Who would you have signed instead then?

Two good signings. Forster is a quality player and Parky knows him well so he should know how to play him and who is best suited to play with him. Just what we needed. Would have liked someone with a bit of pace but we could have just added some vital experience to our promotion push today.

Before we started making loan signings we were winning games. The board injected £10m into the club earlier this season, while we were on a good run and were sitting second, as soon as Parky starts spending it he proves how ineffectual he is as a manager.

Edit: I wouldn't sign anyone. I'd play the players we have already at the club.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]On the negative side, we can only have 5 loans in the match squad, we now have:

Borrowdale
    Fry
    Reid
    Mooney
    A Sodje
    Forster

Two have to miss out![/quote]

WARNER isn't a loan. Was a free agent and signed a two-month deal.[/quote]

Oh yeah! That is not so bad then after all
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]sorry totally underwhelmed by the Forster signing dont know the other fella.

Who was you expecting then?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]sorry totally underwhelmed by the Forster signing dont know the other fella.

Exactly, I doubt many expected we would make 3 signings this morning. Especially a proven league one striker. There can only be positives.
  • [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]sorry totally underwhelmed by the Forster signing dont know the other fella.

I was expecting a left back lol
  • Thought it was Matty Fryatt and wondered why Leicester has let him come to us, oh well. Happy with Forster and who knows about Fry!
  • Great news about Forster. Let's hope there's a potential permanent deal clause in the loan deal...
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]sorry totally underwhelmed by the Forster signing dont know the other fella.

I think you're in a minority of 1 there Ledge. We're a potless league one club and as someone posted earlier he's got 16 goals in 27 league and cup games at this level this season. Who would we have got that's better than that for free?
  • Ask a Gills fan, Fry was there on loan for 13 games including his debut v CAFC
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]

I think you're in a minority of 1 there Ledge. We're a potless league one club and as someone posted earlier he's got 16 goals in 27 league and cup games at this level this season. Who would we have got that's better than that for free?

Ledge, you're not alone. Personally I'd have rather had nobody, what was wrong with playing Shelvey & Burton up top. That worked didn't it?
  • Considering how many clean sheets we've kept over the last few months another centre back won't do any harm.
  • [cite]Posted By: JollyRobin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]

Ledge, you're not alone. Personally I'd have rather had nobody, what was wrong with playing Shelvey & Burton up top. That worked didn't it?

Burton's injured
  • [cite]Posted By: JollyRobin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JollyRobin[/cite]Another two loan signings. Another two nails in the promotion coffin. The worst thing the board ever did was give Phil Parkinson money to spend.

Before we started making loan signings we were winning games. The board injected £10m into the club earlier this season, while we were on a good run and were sitting second, as soon as Parky starts spending it he proves how ineffectual he is as a manager.

Edit: I wouldn't sign anyone. I'd play the players we have already at the club.

For starters it was 7m not 10m. If you had any semblance of reality you would know what all the rest of us have come to accept that had that money not been injected we would have ended up in Admin or maybe worse. The money was put in to keep the club afloat for this season, not to be spent on players.

Parkinson has not spent a penny.

How many more times do you have to be told that we do not have funds to spend on transfer fees. Loans and freebies are our only option.

As for saying you wouldn't have signed anyone. Jesus! So by that token you would have:

- Exposed Solly (out of position) to the last 9 games and potentially knocked his confidence for god knows how long
    - Ended the season without a recognised fit left back at the club
    - Potentially gone 4-5 weeks with no keeper on the bench
    - Left Mooney as the only fit striker at the club

Dear oh dear