Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jan 11 Transfer Deadline Day Thread

edited January 2011 in General Charlton
Right, start a fresh thread for today as the other one got dominated by silly Football Rumours rubbish.

So all Charlton-related, CHDAJFU (could have done a job for us), and big ticket transfers and gossip here.

And NO Football Rumours rubbish !

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Sky Sports deadline day clock watch http://tinyurl.com/clockwatch
  • Great quote from a gooner on bbc...

"Being an Arsenal fan on deadline day is like being in detention at school and watching other kids play outside!"

I reckon the Torres one will run until late tonight and Sky will go into complete overdrive by about 9pm over it....Jim White won't be able to contain himself.
  • DONE DEAL:

Konch to Forest on loan.

He can do better than that, surely ?
  • If he's desperate to leave pool then a loan deal to a lower league is all he can hope for as he has played for 2 clubs permanently this season already. Fulham didnt want him back.
  • Very solid signing for sorest if you ask me...
  • Im sure i read on the Sky sports countdown thing that Le Fondre will not sign a new deal at Rotherham. Might want to cash in now?

I know we dont need any more strikers but i think he is better than Benno
  • [cite]Posted By: Dizzle[/cite]Im sure i read on the Sky sports countdown thing that Le Fondre will not sign a new deal at Rotherham. Might want to cash in now?

I know we dont need any more strikers but i think he is better than Benno

Not sure about Le Fondre. Not seen a great deal of him, but from what I have seen he has a distinct air of lower league goalscorer about him.

Strikers not needed anyway, as you say. In fact there's a good chance one will leave today.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    And NO Football Rumours rubbish !

ole voice of reason nice one afka will be checking in, hopefully few new faces for us
  • Forest have done very well to get him on loan, and i'd assume they won't be paying all his wages too. Seeing as West ham got Bridge and are covering all his 90k a week, i'd say forest are laughing.
  • My mate's dad works as a taxi driver and ...blah blah...etc etc
    Hope this helps.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ilunga is being linked with a move to Monaco from Wham on Sky.

As he is now second choice Left back to Bridge maybe Fry will be recalled as cover .
  • edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Forest have done very well to get him on loan, and i'd assume they won't be paying all his wages too. Seeing as West ham got Bridge and are covering all his 90k a week, i'd say forest are laughing.

I never particularly fancied Konch as a left back when he was with us. I still don't think he's too special, but he's a solid lower Prem player so it's a very good deal for Forest. He's probably not significantly worse than Bridge either which highlights even further what a crap deal West Ham did for Bridge. This is how they got themselves out of relegation trouble when Curbs took over and that ultimately lead to the mess that Gold and Sullivan have been trying to sort out so it seems strange they'd be doing these stupid wage deals again, although I guess they are at least mostly loans this time.
  • [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]Ilunga is being linked with a move to Monaco from Wham on Sky.

As he is now second choice Left back to Bridge maybe Fry will be recalled as cover .

I've got a feeling we may send Fry back if this rumoured deal for the Leeds bloke comes off.
  • 1104: BBC Radio 5 live chief football reporter has just tweeted that Liverpool have made a £30m offer for Newcastle striker Andy Carroll.

Hmm
  • [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]Ilunga is being linked with a move to Monaco from Wham on Sky.

I've got a feeling we may send Fry back if this rumoured deal for the Leeds bloke comes off.

On Addicks Championship Diary there is a quote describing Bessone as 'woefully unfit and lacking the basic essentials of the art of defending', so that's encouraging.
  • edited January 2011
    DONE DEAL:

Frederico Bassone on loan for rest of season from Leeds United to Charlton
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]DONE DEAL:

Frederico Basson on loan for rest of season from Leeds United to Charlton

Option to buy in the summer too.
  • Can we please agree on how we're going to spell his name - I'm sticking with Bessone.
  • Bassoon
  • edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Uboat[/cite]
    On Addicks Championship Diary there is a quote describing Bessone as 'woefully unfit and lacking the basic essentials of the art of defending', so that's encouraging.

Sounds like me! Can't believe he's that bad otherwise he wouldn't be anywhere near a Championship squad. Might not be that great either though.

Still, in Chris we trust..... at least for now!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: bibble[/cite]Bassoon

Soon to be adjusted to Baffoone
  • Bessone now on OS

Bessone signs

Oh, and if the OS spell it Bessone, that's good enough for me!
  • Good news. The team is looking stronger and stronger.
  • edited January 2011
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swansea_city/8371960.stm

Interesting comment by Swansea player in video

Bassonne is Lightening quick, not many players would have got on the end of that.

We certainly need pace.
  • Leeds and Swansea fans have an extremely bad opinion of him.
  • Lets give him a bloody chance first. Plenty on here thought Ambrose was crap yet he became a real star at Palarse.
  • We'll have to wait and see! Do we think he'll be in the squad for tuesdays game?
  • We'll have to wait and see! Do we think he'll be in the squad for tuesdays game?
  • Stephen Ireland to Newcastle on loan, with Newcastle picking up 70% of his £90k a week wages.

Wes Brown to West Ham on loan
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Lets give him a bloody chance first. Plenty on here thought Ambrose was crap yet he became a real star at Palarse.[/quote]

OK, but does that mean we should ignore, and refrain from mentioning, the fact that fans of other clubs where he has played think that he is not very good?