Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jan 11 Transfer Deadline Day Thread

Comments

• Options
    £35M for carrol?? thats silly money! he is a gd player, but not that good! £50m for torres is also way too high...especially as he has been off form for 6 months
  • Options
    My info today - as previous ..........

Dyer is confirmed, left back has been signed. Belgian and a Moroccan will be in by close of play.................

Am I full of sh** or is this good stuff. ? Wait and see....
  • Options
    Perhaps Newcastle weren't so foolish to turn down £30m for Carroll.

"Reports are emerging that Liverpool have agreed a £35million fee with Newcastle for Andy Carroll. Nothing confirmed as yet but we'll bring you more as we get it."

Incidentally that is what Barca paid for David Villa. English football is a joke.
  • Options
    If the Carroll deal is true at £35million then that is absolutely MENTAL.

a) far too much
    b) he's not fit
    c) why spunk the whole Torres money now when the season is practically over bar trying to pin down a Europa league spot/the Europa league campaign - why not have 6 months to sort the manager out and get a proper list of targets

Madness. Unless the Yanks are planning serious serious investment now and in the summer and this spending is not the whole iceberg but only the tip of it then I can't fathom it.
  • Options
    I am stunned that anyone would spend that much on Andy Carroll
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: masicat[/cite]My info today - as previous ..........

Dyer is confirmed, left back has been signed. Belgian and a Moroccan will be in by close of play.................

Someone on twitter says we failed with a CB signing as we failed to get a work permit for him. Don't know who it was. Also said Powell was still hoping to get a midfielder and a striker.
  • Options
    More than Bent? Bent is a proven scorer at Prem Level. Carroll has had a decent start to the season and is now injured

Crazy money
  • Options

names??
  • Options
    All falls into place

Torres to Chelsea, Carroll to Liverpool, Adam to Liverpool, Reid to Blackpool
  • Options
    Morrocan ........ is this the old El Khakouri rumour again!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Charlton look set to Sign Jesper Blomqvist and Robbie Mustoe.
  • Options
    will we ever get to see kanu in a charlton shirt?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I am stunned that anyone would spend that much on Andy Carroll

Im stunned that anyone is stupid enough to pay that for any footballer. The football world has gone mad......What F****** recession?
  • Options
    Can someone please explain to me how Andy Carroll is worth £11-17million more than Darren Bent? OK he is the best part of 5 years younger, but really, is there another reason anyone can possibly contribute than age?

If the Carroll deal goes ahead I hope there is a week's worth of media outrage like there was regarding the Bent transfer about the fee, leaving fans in the lurch, overrated rah rah rah - but unfortunately, it will all be overshadowed by Torres.
  • Options
    £35m for a player who's only had half a season in the Prem is absolutely insane.
    I have to say, I thought initial valuations of £15-20m was way OTT. Compare it to what Bent went for. At least Bent has consistently scored goals in the Prem.
  • Options
    Anyhow, how can he pass a medical when he is currently out injured and unable to run???
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]Anyhow, how can he pass a medical when he is currently out injured and unable to run???

Apparently according to Henry Winter it's possible for clubs to do a medical that still doesn't void the insurance on a player carrying only a relatively minor injury. No idea how though.
  • Options
    I wonder if the firm doing Carroll's medical could sort out an MOT for my old banger?!
  • Options
    It's about time we had a Belgian - I don't care who he is or whether he can play - I just want a Belgian in the squad. Preferably a Fleming - not so keen on the Walloons.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]Can Bostock play right midfield as well as central?
    He's left footed so not sure how much it would suit him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carroll although has looked impressive this season isn't proven enough. Then again witht eh amount of money floating around with TV deals etc £35m isn't that much in that respect.

On BBC the £35m will mean he is worth more than Rooney, Dzeko, Villa and Tevez

Masicat reveal names! Deadline day should all be about rumours, release the info!
  • Options
    The problem is Kenny can't wait until the summer to spend the money on a better option, if Liverpool don't have a decent finish to the season he's out the door. So his thinking is probably Carroll is the best he can do. He couldn't care less about the money because if it doesn't work out it wont be his problem.
  • Options
    Who's going to replace Carroll at Newcastle then?

Potential bid for Lambert from Pardew?
  • Options

Steve Barbe and Tahar El Khalej returning to the club?
  • Options
    names??

I don't know.
  • Options
    Anyway back to the charlton rumours! Has anyone heard anything else on bringing anyone else in?!
  • Options
    I'm waiting for the carrol transfer to go through so pardew can sneak in a cheeky £10million bid for Luke Varney
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigSam_Cafc[/cite]Anyway back to the charlton rumours! Has anyone heard anything else on bringing anyone else in?!

I brought the cat in this morning.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kentaddick[/cite]I'm waiting for the carrol transfer to go through so pardew can sneak in a cheeky £10million bid for Luke Varney

How's Chris Dickson getting on in Cyprus?
  • Options
    I was quite impressed with the games I saw Steve Barbe play