Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chess.com

edited August 2011 in Not Sports Related
Anyone play chess on here? Not played chess for about 30 years but really getting back into it on this site. We have Charlton Life Poker, PS3 and Xbox tournaments. Perhaps we should start a Charlton Life Chess League.

Comments

• Yeah - play a bit. Haven't done it for quite a while - I find I'm better in real life than online (like poker). I'll give you a slow game if you want?
  • do you have to register at chess.com?

I play a bit, but play online at gameknot.

• I only play slow games. One or two days to move! Sign up and let me know your username and I will Challenge you. My username is Red_in_se8.

I would say the best and most realistic experience is playing on the iPad but I won't go there!

• edited August 2011

do you have to register at chess.com?

I play a bit, but play online at gameknot.

Yes, but it is free. If you pay about £60 you get more features and it removes the ads.
  • I play on there. Sod paying money for more features, no need. I'm Rodders10. I'm crap tho
  • Happy to give any of you a game. Don't normally play that often. Just logged on to Chess.com using the same name as on here. Played a 3 min game not really up to speed and got timed out but then played a 10 min game and won by Checkmate.  
  • Anyone play chess on here? Not played chess for about 30 years but really getting back into it on this site. We have Charlton Life Poker, PS3 and Xbox tournaments. Perhaps we should start a Charlton Life Chess League.

I started playing 5 or 6 years ago and have become quite addicted to it - I subscribe to Chessworld which is good for slow games and ICC where I play 15 minute games. I've also played 'Over the Board' for a club in France for the last couple of years - these guys are really good, I aspire to be average.

Happy to join Chess.com if someone gets a league going.

• edited August 2011
    I'm in if a league gets set up

dabos on chess.com
  • Hi Guys,

I am a regular on www.gameknot.com, would be happy to have a game

• I play at the beautifully named Redhotpawn. We have a Charlton clan on there of which there are only about 7 members but we do ok against the other clans (usually other football clans). You can play up to six games for free but need to subscribe to play in clans , leagues and tournaments. You also get unlimited games too.It costs about 20 quid a year, cheap if you ask me for a years worth of chess. Hopefully some will join and swell the ranks of the Charlton Clan.

• Sponsored links:

• edited August 2011
    Just signed up to chess.com - LeroyAmbrose
  • Hi Guys,

What is your name on there? Do you play blitz chess there?

BTW, my gameknot chess name is Pink Fairy!

• I'm on Chess.com as redboy7
  • Hi Guys,

What is your name on there? Do you play blitz chess there?

BTW, my gameknot chess name is Pink Fairy!

Hi Seth,

My name on there is bilirubin, I dont tend to play blitz chess due to the fact I dip in and out whilst at work, bit like on here really, however most games I do play I keep to 2 days per move, I will look you up and send you a challenge. 

• I've challenged those of you who've left your chess.com usernames above
  • I've challenged those of you who've left your chess.com usernames above
    I notice your rating is 1826 after 75 odd games! I fear our game will be a bit like a match between Barcelona and Charlton.
  • Yeah - I'm unrated having only just joined, but I reckon my rating is around 1400, so will probably get mullered!
  • edited August 2011
    do you have throw down a gauntlet when you challenge somebody?%-{>

i like chess but haven't played for yonks but would be interested if a league was set up on charlton life.

i'll register on chess.com, probably keep this user name but if i change it i'll post on here. i would probably prefer slow games as i don't often get the chance to sit down at my computer for long periods of time.
  • I've signed up - BlackForestReds - can someone send me a challenge or something please?
  • edited August 2011
    signed up on chess.com as tkathletico. i am junk! signed up on the other one...days between moves? give you a clue.
  • Sponsored links:

• I've signed up - BlackForestReds - can someone send me a challenge or something please?
    It seems to take a few hours after you register before you can be found on the Member Search option. Only then can someone challenge you.
  • Ok I sent Leroy a challenge as he was the only one of you I could find.
    It seems to take a few hours after you register before you can be found on the Member Search option. Only then can someone challenge you.

I found you and sent a challenge - you are white...
  • I have registered under ellisaddick,   I can play and was OK but not played for many many years so it will be strange at first.
  • I have registered at chess.com as seth_plum
  • I'm in two games now - with red and dabos. Anyone else who wants to challenge me, lemme know. Will only be able to play a few moves at a time when I'm at work, but can handle five or six games on the go at once I think. If anybody knows what their ranking ought to be, I think I'm about 1400-1500 (so am about to get mercilessly crushed by dabos) :o)
  • Leroy, bring it on. We are friends already, start a game. I'm shite rated 1000 i think. Rodders10
  • I've sent game invites out to those I can find (under redboy7) - couldn't find seth, ellis, BFR or sillav though on the usernames above.
  • Just challenged a few more people
  • dabos, just seen yr challenge, what do I click on to get things started? I tried clicking on yr name but it didn't launch a game.