Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Stig said:

Those slips of paper that take up half the packet when you buy drugs and medicines. They're fine if you've got a new prescription for some exotic chemical, but if just having an aspirin I don't want that stuff in my way.

Have you noticed that it doesn't matter which end of the packet you open first you will always find that folded end of the sheet of paper there instead of the drugs you need, it's like dropping a slice of buttered toast that one. I'll bet nobody has ever read that small print either. It probably tells you about 50 ways that using the drugs concerned can kill you. Or 50 places you should not leave them or something.

Just like the Internet when they send you terms and conditions and you have to tick to say you have read them but of course you haven't because you have a life....just stuff to get in your way.
  • Stig said:

Those slips of paper that take up half the packet when you buy drugs and medicines. They're fine if you've got a new prescription for some exotic chemical, but if just having an aspirin I don't want that stuff in my way.

Have you noticed that it doesn't matter which end of the packet you open first you will always find that folded end of the sheet of paper there instead of the drugs you need, it's like dropping a slice of buttered toast that one. I'll bet nobody has ever read that small print either. It probably tells you about 50 ways that using the drugs concerned can kill you. Or 50 places you should not leave them or something.

Just like the Internet when they send you terms and conditions and you have to tick to say you have read them but of course you haven't because you have a life....just stuff to get in your way.
    My drugs get given to me in a little plastic bag. No problem.
    :smiley:
  • People who tip the crumbs from their pack of crisps into their mouths.
  • MrOneLung said:

People who tip the crumbs from their pack of crisps into their mouths.

I'd really piss you off then, coz i open the pack, crush the crisps up, tip and the whole kit kaboodle goes down
  • And another thing. When did it become "un-pc" to use the words "died" or "dead" on the TVs news? Nowadays they always say someone who has snuffed it, has "lost their life" which apart from being unwieldy is hardly accurate because when you are brown bread you ain't going to "find your life" again, are you?

Dead is a perfectly acceptable English word isn't it? If not why not?
  • The seeming abolition and obsolescence of the words 'understand' and 'comprehend.'

Everyone 'gets' that these days.
  • cabbles said:

cabbles said:

kissing in public. this couple this morning, constantly pecking at 6 second intervals on a packed tube carriage. this isn't a romantic stroll through Paris or a gondola ride in Venice, it's the bloody jubilee line to Stanmore ffs!!!!!

a little peck goodbye fine, not every 6 seconds at just gone 8 in the morning.

makes me sick

You romantic bastard... :wink:
    I've had my moments. Took the mrs to her first ever Charlton game when we beat Man City at home in our relegation season, Nov 2006. 1-0 to us. Blocked her view of Darren Bent's goal because I was already up on my feet in anticipation of it going in from Jerome Thomas' cross. Who said romance was dead..........
    That was my son's first ever game. It's been downhill ever since !
    A good game. She's been thrice since. Blackpool at home first season in champ, a 4-1 win. Another victory that I can't place, and then the 1-1 draw with Rochdale in the league 1 winning season when Stephens scored in the last minute. Couldn't quite get her to go full time like your lad.
  • Stig said:

You're on drugs? Explains a lot .

• LenGlover said:

The seeming abolition and obsolescence of the words 'understand' and 'comprehend.'

I dig that.
  • LenGlover said:

The seeming abolition and obsolescence of the words 'understand' and 'comprehend.'

I'm hearin' ya bro
  • Sponsored links:

• LenGlover said:

Totes
  • Innit.
  • When I offer something to somebody and they reply, "I'm good". No! There are only two acceptable answers to my question, 'yes please' or 'no thank you'.
  • Whitechapel at midnight, poxy dirty stinking place full of maggots and chancers trying to get in the way, nick and cause working people grief
  • WayneK said:

Stig said:

Oh, I see! You don't know what a joke is!
    Thanks for clearing up why none of your posts on the Jokes thread are funny.

(That's a joke, by the way. Don't get all angry. By the way, do you want me to flag your post so you can moan about it?)

(That's a joke too. Try to keep up.)
  • cabbles said:

kissing in public. this couple this morning, constantly pecking at 6 second intervals on a packed tube carriage. this isn't a romantic stroll through Paris or a gondola ride in Venice, it's the bloody jubilee line to Stanmore ffs!!!!!

a little peck goodbye fine, not every 6 seconds at just gone 8 in the morning.

makes me sick

With you on this one.
  • WayneK said:

Stig said:

(That's a joke, by the way. Don't get all angry. By the way, do you want me to flag your post so you can moan about it?)

And my quip about you being on drugs was also a joke. Please keep up.

• WayneK said:

I don't think you are obeying the rules. You should put :smile: after the post if you are joking.
  • WayneK said:

WayneK said:

Stig said:

Right. Good one.
  • The Qatar Airways ad with the Barcelona players, none of them would win an oscar.

And lordromford. :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• WayneK said:

The Qatar Airways ad with the Barcelona players, none of them would win an oscar.

And lordromford. :wink:

You made me laugh @WayneK!
  • WayneK said:

The Qatar Airways ad with the Barcelona players, none of them would win an oscar.

Great music - "I Get Around"

• People with absolutely no general knowledge.

I kid you not, a mate of mine bless him, was so bad with it that on the way home from school we used to quiz him for our own enjoyment (horrible I know) Anyway this was about four years ago and one day we said to him 'oi who is this Osama Bin Laden then?' and he looked baffled for a minute and then said 'oh isn't he the new President of Amer....' we all burst out laughing obviously and still don't let him forget about it, poor sod.
  • People with absolutely no general knowledge.

I kid you not, a mate of mine bless him, was so bad with it that on the way home from school we used to quiz him for our own enjoyment (horrible I know) Anyway this was about four years ago and one day we said to him 'oi who is this Osama Bin Laden then?' and he looked baffled for a minute and then said 'oh isn't he the new President of Amer....' we all burst out laughing obviously and still don't let him forget about it, poor sod.

Cor, everyone knows he's the President of America! ffs

..where's Amer anyway?
  • ..where's Amer anyway?

I think he went to Leicester.. ;)
  • someone who used the term "escapegoat" on an overheard conversation on the train this morning
  • When people try and milk you're quite hilarious anecdotes for a cheap laugh themselves.

:wink:
  • When you've been wearing ripped trousers at work all day until someone points it out
  • Having to reboot Sky every fecking month.
  • Someone at work referred to St Pancreas train station earlier
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!