Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Stig said:

People who take their mugs into the bogs at work and leave them by the sink whilst they are in trap one. It's a shit-hole in there (literally); that smell that pervades the air is the stench of evaporated crap molecules. I can't believe anyone wants that anywhere near their drinking vessel.

I do this occasionally - if I'm desperate for a piss on the way to the kitchen. 10 years without a sick day so i've obviously been lucky.
  • 'We go again'
  • Cracking rant @Stig best contribution to this thread for a number of pages.
  • Things that bite you on the arse.

I don't meant mosquitos or scary adventurous partners, I mean things you say that you know will instantly come back and slap you on the face (and I don't mean cheap aftershave, naan bread or adventurous scary partners)

For example, telling a teacher how well your kid has been sleeping, touching wood and jokingly saying I shouldn't have said that, and then that night bring up from 3.45 :-(
  • edited March 2015
    1000 Heartbeats for 2 trasons;

Shit prize to effort put in ratio

Vern is a chomp, it's like Mastermind meets Bullseye

Ffs
  • Stig said:

People who take their mugs into the bogs at work and leave them by the sink whilst they are in trap one. It's a shit-hole in there (literally); that smell that pervades the air is the stench of evaporated crap molecules. I can't believe anyone wants that anywhere near their drinking vessel.

I always find the best deterrent is to pour the contents of their mug down the sink, and then refill the mug by way of having a leak in to it.

That will teach them.
  • Stig said:

I always find the best deterrent is to pour the contents of their mug down the sink, and then refill the mug by way of having a leak in to it.

That will teach them.
    I drink me own piss every morning anywa, if it's good for Bear it's gotta be good for moi
  • I actually believe you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Try it AUN pal, the only thing with it is; if you wanna go Valhalla, you gotta do it while killing a chicken.
  • Things that bite you on the arse.

I don't meant mosquitos or scary adventurous partners, I mean things you say that you know will instantly come back and slap you on the face (and I don't mean cheap aftershave, naan bread or adventurous scary partners)

For example, telling a teacher how well your kid has been sleeping, touching wood and jokingly saying I shouldn't have said that, and then that night bring up from 3.45 :-(

I can't stand it when this sort of stuff happens.

An example, at the first Millwall home game back in The Champ.

Pritchard fouls their bloke, fully 40 yards out, a booking. A good, tactical foul to prevent a break.

I turn to my mate and say "that was a good foul, Pritch took one for the team there and stopped the danger ... oops, shouldn't have said that."

A few heart-breaking moments later, my mate turns to me and says, "Fuck you, Joe."

I'm sure you can remember what happened in those few moments ...
  • edited March 2015
    Stig said:

There a too many blow jobs on tv and in films these days. There was a time when it was unusual and quite shocking in an interesting way. Nowadays it seems that a drama isn't a drama unless someone is being gobbled off. For some strange reason it seems to happen an unfeasible amount of time when people are travelling in cars. No self respecting film containing a journey by car can ever be made these days without someone suggestively ducking under the dashboard. The remake of Herbie Rides Again promises to be absolutely full of it and I note that The Disney corporation have announced the making of Cars 3. I'm sure that by the time it comes out it will be considered ok to have some pixelated under-dash action in a kids film. And if they ever remake Genevieve, the Brighton Supporters Club might really have something to complain about.

I have three main complaints against this oral extravaganza we are being subjected to. Firstly it has just become a dull parody of itself. It's all been done before, it isn't even mildly interesting, it just seems to be the unthinking scriptwriters way of packing out a few frames. Anyone who thinks it is interesting, sexually or otherwise, really does need help. Secondly, as a family man I find it more than a bit embarrassing. When I'm there watching some programme with people of different generations of my family and someone goes for the old duck and dive, it can all be a little difficult to swallow. The last thing I want when my mother in law is sitting at the other end of the sofa is the image of someone getting a blowie on the big screen. Finally, I have to say, it all just makes me a tad jealous. How can all this action be going on and I'm not a part of it. I don't want to imagine that every car driver smiles in my direction is having their gearstick artificially stimulated. I don't think these films represent reality and I'll be bloody annoyed if I find out that they are and I've just been missing out all this time.

Anyway, rant over. I'm back to watching Deep Throat now.

Take it, you only got steak last Saturday.
  • Stig said:

There a too many blow jobs on tv and in films these days. There was a time when it was unusual and quite shocking in an interesting way. Nowadays it seems that a drama isn't a drama unless someone is being gobbled off. For some strange reason it seems to happen an unfeasible amount of time when people are travelling in cars. No self respecting film containing a journey by car can ever be made these days without someone suggestively ducking under the dashboard. The remake of Herbie Rides Again promises to be absolutely full of it and I note that The Disney corporation have announced the making of Cars 3. I'm sure that by the time it comes out it will be considered ok to have some pixelated under-dash action in a kids film. And if they ever remake Genevieve, the Brighton Supporters Club might really have something to complain about.

I have three main complaints against this oral extravaganza we are being subjected to. Firstly it has just become a dull parody of itself. It's all been done before, it isn't even mildly interesting, it just seems to be the unthinking scriptwriters way of packing out a few frames. Anyone who thinks it is interesting, sexually or otherwise, really does need help. Secondly, as a family man I find it more than a bit embarrassing. When I'm there watching some programme with people of different generations of my family and someone goes for the old duck and dive, it can all be a little difficult to swallow. The last thing I want when my mother in law is sitting at the other end of the sofa is the image of someone getting a blowie on the big screen. Finally, I have to say, it all just makes me a tad jealous. How can all this action be going on and I'm not a part of it. I don't want to imagine that every car driver smiles in my direction is having their gearstick artificially stimulated. I don't think these films represent reality and I'll be bloody annoyed if I find out that they are and I've just been missing out all this time.

Take it, you only got streak last Saturday.

That's something we don't see enough of these days imo ;-)
  • edited March 2015
    brogib said:

Stig said:

That will teach them.
    I drink me own piss every morning anywa, if it's good for Bear it's gotta be good for moi
    I might have to resort to such measures myself then. Mind you, it will be pure alcohol anyway so won't make much difference.
  • clouds, particularly today!
  • Stig said:

I have three main complaints against this oral extravaganza we are being subjected to. Firstly it has just become a dull parody of itself. It's all been done before, it isn't even mildly interesting, it just seems to be the unthinking scriptwriters way of packing out a few frames. Anyone who thinks it is interesting, sexually or otherwise, really does need help. Secondly, as a family man I find it more than a bit embarrassing. When I'm there watching some programme with people of different generations of my family and someone goes for the old duck and dive, it can all be a little difficult to swallow. The last thing I want when my mother in law is sitting at the other end of the sofa is the image of someone getting a blowie on the big screen. Finally, I have to say, it all just makes me a tad jealous. How can all this action be going on and I'm not a part of it. I don't want to imagine that every car driver that smiles in my direction is having their gearstick artificially stimulated. I don't think these films represent reality and I'll be bloody annoyed if I find out that they are and I've been the only one missing out all this time.

I think you might be watching some of your own collection, rather than the tele mate...
  • brogib said:

1000 Heartbeats for 2 trasons;

Shit prize to effort put in ratio

Vern is a chomp, it's like Mastermind meets Bullseye

Ffs

That's the problem with watching "the other side"...
  • Random "injury time" at the end of games.

Each half of football match is supposed to be 45 minutes + time added on for stoppages, injuries etc.

In fact it is 46 minutes + a few minutes randomly selected by the referee. The added time rarely bears any relation to what has happened during the game.

The fact that the actual length of a game is not fixed can make it more exciting and unpredictable.

BUT it also means that time wasting and fake injuries are still common as they are not really punished in any way.

In yesterdays match against Reading there were no injuries and not even a sniff of either team trying to waste time. On a total whim the referee decides to add 5 minutes to the game.

In most games several players are treated on the pitch (usually taking about 90 seconds to two minutes each). Then there is a period of blatant timewasting together with six very "slow" substitutions. The referee wags his finger and decides to impose 4 minutes of extra time.
  • Sponsored links:

• The fact that I can't post what I want to because I respect the CL rules and don't fancy a ban cos I like it on here. Really am sick of biting my tongue though..........................................................
  • Fiiish said:

The term 'foodie', when someone uses it to describe themselves.

'Oh I'm such a foodie! I take selfies of myself buying artisan bread at street markets! Aren't I such a foodie!'

Shut up.

Genuinely never heard this phrase used
  • Random "injury time" at the end of games.

Each half of football match is supposed to be 45 minutes + time added on for stoppages, injuries etc.

In fact it is 46 minutes + a few minutes randomly selected by the referee. The added time rarely bears any relation to what has happened during the game.

The fact that the actual length of a game is not fixed can make it more exciting and unpredictable.

BUT it also means that time wasting and fake injuries are still common as they are not really punished in any way.

In yesterdays match against Reading there were no injuries and not even a sniff of either team trying to waste time. On a total whim the referee decides to add 5 minutes to the game.

In most games several players are treated on the pitch (usually taking about 90 seconds to two minutes each). Then there is a period of blatant timewasting together with six very "slow" substitutions. The referee wags his finger and decides to impose 4 minutes of extra time.

Agreed but felt he got the injury time right against Reading... All six subs were used so you pretty much have to allow for half a minute (dont forget to add the four second half goals as well so players getting back into their half)... You then had the messing around with the penalty and sending off so 5-mins was about right really
  • really am sick of biting my tongue though..........................................................

Thought you were a veggie?
  • Self-cannibalisation is ok according to the veggie handbook DM.I checked it out.
  • When i look in the Mirror, i used to see Andy Carroll looking back,
    Now i see Andy Capp. (What the daily Mirror?)
  • Stig said:

I have three main complaints against this oral extravaganza we are being subjected to. Firstly it has just become a dull parody of itself. It's all been done before, it isn't even mildly interesting, it just seems to be the unthinking scriptwriters way of packing out a few frames. Anyone who thinks it is interesting, sexually or otherwise, really does need help. Secondly, as a family man I find it more than a bit embarrassing. When I'm there watching some programme with people of different generations of my family and someone goes for the old duck and dive, it can all be a little difficult to swallow. The last thing I want when my mother in law is sitting at the other end of the sofa is the image of someone getting a blowie on the big screen. Finally, I have to say, it all just makes me a tad jealous. How can all this action be going on and I'm not a part of it. I don't want to imagine that every car driver that smiles in my direction is having their gearstick artificially stimulated. I don't think these films represent reality and I'll be bloody annoyed if I find out that they are and I've been the only one missing out all this time.

Never heard of "deep throat". Does it have a happy ending?
  • Stig said:

Never heard of "deep throat". Does it have a happy ending?
    Explosive
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!