Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• edited March 2015

People that are too interested in what i call my penis.

Out of curiosity what do you call it?

;-)
    He calls it the name of his favourite place....Littlehampton.

• The Twenty's Plenty campaign. A bunch of sad acts and weirdos with nothing better to do than try to waste everyone else's time.
  • edited March 2015
    morons who try to squeeze in to an already packed train. Clearly the doors won't close if your half in the train and half out.

Just as well I'm not a train driver as I'd be sorely tempted to pull away, doors closed or not.
  • Looking in the Mirror, and where once i saw a super stud staring back.
    Now i see a super Spud.
  • People who tell me there is not a problem when there is.....I recently checked into a hotel and my online booking was missing. These things happen. I could see there was a problem, so I asked "Is there a problem?" I was told that everything was fine as the receptionist muttered in a panic stricken way to her superior, searching frantically for a room. I asked if there was a problem again. Again, "no" was the reply. I could actually hear her muttering "we can't give him a cheaper room, we'll have to upgrade him". Which, is what they did, after 5 minutes of panic and mumbling. And, a very nice room it was too.
  • Phrases that appear out of nowhere and are suddenly used beyond all need or reason: The elephant in the room; be careful what you wish for; may you live in interesting times; keep calm and carry on. And the absolute worst, 'I'm a glass half full/empty type person'. No you're not, you're an optimist or a pessimist.
  • Stig said:

Phrases that appear out of nowhere and are suddenly used beyond all need or reason: The elephant in the room; be careful what you wish for; may you live in interesting times; keep calm and carry on. And the absolute worst, 'I'm a glass half full/empty type person'. No you're not, you're an optimist or a pessimist.

I thought that means they drink half a pint of lager from a pint glass??

oh well you know what they say, keep calm and finger you bum.
  • Fiiish said:

The Twenty's Plenty campaign. A bunch of sad acts and weirdos with nothing better to do than try to waste everyone else's time.

Don't see what's wrong with wanting ticket prices to be lowered? At least they're doing something.
  • Fiiish said:

The Twenty's Plenty campaign. A bunch of sad acts and weirdos with nothing better to do than try to waste everyone else's time.

Don't see what's wrong with wanting ticket prices to be lowered? At least they're doing something.
    Not sure if you're joking or not but I'm referring to the campaign to lower 30mph speed limits to 20mph in urban areas.
  • Looking in the Mirror, and where once i saw a super stud staring back.
    Now i see a super Spud.

my house is full of your mirrors

• Sponsored links:

• morons who try to squeeze in to an already packed train. Clearly the doors won't close if your half in the train and half out.

Just as well I'm not a train driver as I'd be sorely tempted to pull away, doors closed or not.

Trains can't move unless the doors are shut.
  • People wrongly inserting the letter 'S' when not required.

Three off the top of my head as examples:

Callum Harriotts

Cliff Richards

Stephen Hawkings

• Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:

Not sure if you're joking or not but I'm referring to the campaign to lower 30mph speed limits to 20mph in urban areas.
    Haha fair enough mate, would love to say i was joking sadly...
  • LenGlover said:

People wrongly inserting the letter 'S' when not required.

Callum Harriotts

Cliff Richards

Stephen Hawkings

Damian Matthews
    Tony Watts
    Lloyd Sams

No need for it. Tal Ben Haims, Roger Johnsons - you wouldn't put an s in their names.

By the same token you wouldn't remove an S either. EG;

Rhoys Wiggin
    Yoni Buyen
    Chris Eagle
  • Microwaves that only work if you input the command in a certain order eg power > weight > time. I'm heating up a steak bake, not disarming an IED.
  • LenGlover said:

Callum Harriotts

Cliff Richards

Stephen Hawkings

Damian Matthews
    Tony Watts
    Lloyd Sams

No need for it. Tal Ben Haims, Roger Johnsons - you wouldn't put an s in their names.

Rhoys Wiggin
    Yoni Buyen
    Chris Eagle
    Add to that the numbskull woman on the BBC Budget coverage : "one pence" off a pint of beer.... . One is singular and pence is plural. That's a penny you dimwit.
  • When you purchase a coffee or a pasty and it's given to you at such a high temperature, it's impossible to drink/eat without doing serious harm to yourself.
  • When you purchase a coffee or a pasty and it's given to you at such a high temperature, it's impossible to drink/eat without doing serious harm to yourself.

Avoid this problem by going to Greggs.
  • cabbles said:

Just been told the earliest doctors apt I can get is the 26th March??????????

Earliest nurse appointment I can get is 7th April...
  • When commentators use the expression "in and around" in relation to a team's position in the league ( "they have a run of games against teams in and around them...."). How can a team be "in" another team you bunch of tw@s?
  • Sponsored links:

• Taps in the gents that fire water at your hands so that water embarrassingly ricochets all over you.

Add to that, hand driers that have no oomph at all so they don't dry your hands at all.

Sounds just like the gents in the East Stand on a Saturday afternoon.
  • The solar eclipse and anyone that keeps going on about it
  • Anything less then 3 minutes extra time at the end of the 2nd half
  • LenGlover said:

Callum Harriotts

Cliff Richards

Stephen Hawkings

Damian Matthews
    Tony Watts
    Lloyd Sams

Rhoys Wiggin
    Yoni Buyen
    Chris Eagle
    Add to that the numbskull woman on the BBC Budget coverage : "one pence" off a pint of beer.... . One is singular and pence is plural. That's a penny you dimwit.
    That annoyed me as well. I would have thought that someone would have told her that this is incorrect.
  • brogib said:

The solar eclipse and anyone that keeps going on about it

When they have to remind people not to look directly at the sun when they try to watch it
  • LenGlover said:

Callum Harriotts

Cliff Richards

Stephen Hawkings

Len Glovers :wink:

My favourite is people that pronounce ask, arkse. This is local to the youth of London and emanates from what I classify as 'rude boy' or 'ghetto speak'.

As I'm saaarrrfff London, I often say ain't when I should say isn't, so I know I have room to improve, but listening to some of the shit I hear similar to above, can't stand it.
  • People who call additional time "extra time". Extra time is only used after the game has finished and when a definite result is required. The time added on for stoppages etc by the ref at the end of each half is additional time.
  • Riviera said:

People who call additional time "extra time". Extra time is only used after the game has finished and when a definite result is required. The time added on for stoppages etc by the ref at the end of each half is additional time.

Technically I think it is meant to be part of the original time of 90 mins that has not yet been used for football.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!