Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• People who call me and begin by saying this is not a sales call. I sometimes reply "That's a pity. I've only got time for sales calls" and hang up.
  • Riviera said:

Totally unnecessary away strips. You only need a change of shirt when it is total clash like Charlton v Man Utd or QPR v Reading or Notts County v Newcastle etc.

The 'top 6' clubs in the Premier League are the worst culprits for this nonsense. They go against tradition of wearing their own colors when they can simply so they can market an away kit to try and make more revenue.
  • cafctom said:

Riviera said:

Totally unnecessary away strips. You only need a change of shirt when it is total clash like Charlton v Man Utd or QPR v Reading or Notts County v Newcastle etc.

The 'top 6' clubs in the Premier League are the worst culprits for this nonsense. They go against tradition of wearing their own colors when they can simply so they can market an away kit to try and make more revenue.
    I find the fact that Man City and Chelsea, both teams who play in blue, have a change strip that is, er, blue. (Albeit a different shade.)
    Don't know why this annoys me so much, but it really does.
  • cafctom said:

Riviera said:

You don't say? Well I never, that is shocking.
  • cafctom said:

Riviera said:

I think arsenal were guilty of this when they had different forms of the sponsor on each kits (sega and dreamcast?) and it has got worse and worse with 3rd kits
  • Sky describing Sunday as "SUPER SUNDAY" every week even when they are showing games like Burnley v Palarse. As Ricky Tomlinson would say, "super, my ar*e!"
  • cafctom said:

Riviera said:

Newcastle have a fourth kit they describe as "the members kit", which they used once in a pre-season friendly.
  • cafctom said:

Riviera said:

Newcastle have a fourth kit they describe as "the members kit", which they used once in a pre-season friendly.
    Did the members kit make them look like a load of pr*cks?

• People who call me and begin by saying this is not a sales call. I sometimes reply "That's a pity. I've only got time for sales calls" and hang up.

and the "not a sales call " that starts hello i am Fiona from IT solutions/poor print stationery/patchy web design/dodgy phone line company (or some such) ...how are you today?"

ffs you couldnt give a tinkers how i am ,you want money beggar off will you !!!

alternatively i could keep them on the phone for the next 3 years telling them how i am ...i would have a mind to !

• brogib said:

The solar eclipse and anyone that keeps going on about it

I can agree with this now. I was really looking forward to it until I found I'd been booked to work in a basement room on Friday morning :-(
  • Sponsored links:

• lolwray said:

People who call me and begin by saying this is not a sales call. I sometimes reply "That's a pity. I've only got time for sales calls" and hang up.

and the "not a sales call " that starts hello i am Fiona from IT solutions/poor print stationery/patchy web design/dodgy phone line company (or some such) ...how are you today?"

alternatively i could keep them on the phone for the next 3 years telling them how i am ...i would have a mind to !

Got one of those at work one day, and I replied with "I'm not feeling at all well. I think I should go home really".

Obviously that response wasn't on the caller's prompt card as, after a short pause, he continued with "good, good".
  • When The last Jehovah Witness came to my door, I did a very unusual thing ????

I opened my door and started talking to him.

The annoying thing was after giving him time to put his views across, when i started
    telling him about the wonderful freedom of being an atheist when you answer to no deity other than your own sense of fair play, he seemed slightly taken aback.

I then asked for his address so i could help set him free from the chains of Religion.
    My Daughter said we should have a sign saying "beware of Soapbox Sam"

I always try to give reasons for my take on life.
    Being free to breath in Nature's air is still the best feeling.
    Or has this now been taxed in the latest Budget ?

• lolwray said:

People who call me and begin by saying this is not a sales call. I sometimes reply "That's a pity. I've only got time for sales calls" and hang up.

Got one of those at work one day, and I replied with "I'm not feeling at all well. I think I should go home really".

Obviously that response wasn't on the caller's prompt card as, after a short pause, he continued with "good, good".
    This is making me chuckle as I cold call for a living.
  • cabbles said:

lolwray said:

Bastards... they could at least let you have a little heater next to you to keep you warm
  • lolwray said:

cabbles said:

lolwray said:

so how are you today cabbles? (i honestly dont care but you know that anyway !lol)

It did make me laugh when I hear the 'how are you today?' Sounds so bloody false. You're spot on in that I never have, never will ask someone who I speak to on a first time basis how they are, I couldn't give a f***

We don't know each other, their well being is not of interest to me
  • cabbles said:

lolwray said:

I wouldn't want to do it. You have my sympathy. Apologies if you enjoy your job, mind!
  • cabbles said:

lolwray said:

I wouldn't want to do it. You have my sympathy. Apologies if you enjoy your job, mind!
    No offence taken @Eddie Firmani there's def a stigma attached to it, and there have often been times I would like to do something else. Def don't want to do it forever.

I do enjoy hearing what people on the other end of the phone think though, it's valuable to know. Mine is B2B. Hats off to anyone who does B2C and does it well, quite a skill.
  • cabbles said:

cabbles said:

lolwray said:

No offence taken @Eddie Firmani there's def a stigma attached to it, and there have often been times I would like to do something else. Def don't want to do it forever.

I do enjoy hearing what people on the other end of the phone think though, it's valuable to know. Mine is B2B. Hats off to anyone who does B2C and does it well, quite a skill.
    I had to Google B2B and B2C cos I thought it was something to do with pencils.

• Roy Hodgson picking 3 left backs in his England squad.
  • Sponsored links:

• When Roy picks Welbeck (4 goals for a top side) over Austin (15 goals for a struggling side).

Seriously, what a fucking dreadful decision

Barkley & Townsend as well. One seriously out of form and the other subbed after 31 minutes in his last performance because he couldn't live with Ashley Young.

Im fairly balanced when it comes to Hodgson and in all honesty the starting XI isn't too bad, but his squad picks really irritate me.

• When Roy picks Welbeck (4 goals for a top side) over Austin (15 goals for a struggling side).

The thing with Welbeck is that he always looks (most of the time) much better when playing for England. Decent scoring records as well. Bit like Crouch when he played for England. Welbeck also has the fact he can play wide as well, which probably helps him get in ahead of the likes of Austin.

The thing with Welbeck is that he always looks (most of the time) much better when playing for England. Decent scoring records as well. Bit like Crouch when he played for England. Welbeck also has the fact he can play wide as well, which probably helps him get in ahead of the likes of Austin.
    If he needs a wide man, why not pick Cousins?
  • I'm sure I've whinged about this before, but.....

Programmes that after the opening titles effectively show you the next hours viewing condensed into 20 seconds to 'hook you in'.

No point watching it now!
  • I'm sure I've whinged about this before, but.....

Programmes that after the opening titles effectively show you the next hours viewing condensed into 20 seconds to 'hook you in'.

No point watching it now!

It annoys me big time too. Also hate that five minutes before and after each break is a reshash or trailer for the five minutes in the middle.
  • I don't like it when they shrink the credits at the end to tell us what's coming up next. I want to know which 3rd assistant gaffer is gripping the foley's dolly.
  • People who take their mugs into the bogs at work and leave them by the sink whilst they are in trap one. It's a shit-hole in there (literally); that smell that pervades the air is the stench of evaporated crap molecules. I can't believe anyone wants that anywhere near their drinking vessel.
  • yep, all this 'coming up' nonsense is one of the most annoying things ever. surely no one wants to see it. I tend to just hit the pause button and leave it for about 30 seconds before fast forwarding through it but it's bloody annoying when you can't find the remote control
  • Stig said:

People who take their mugs into the bogs at work and leave them by the sink whilst they are in trap one. It's a shit-hole in there (literally); that smell that pervades the air is the stench of evaporated crap molecules. I can't believe anyone wants that anywhere near their drinking vessel.

Thats fucking disgusting.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!