Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Old or fat people who try to cross a busy road when's there's a zebra crossing five yards away.
  • Offices forcing you to use Internet Explorer and never update the bloody thing so every website with a plug-in more complicated than a 1995 Java app running crashes and Charlton Life becomes slowly less bearable to scroll through.
  • Young people who are too impatient to wait for us old fat people to cross the road when the zebra crossing is too far away for us to see.
  • Fiiish said:

Offices forcing you to use Internet Explorer and never update the bloody thing so every website with a plug-in more complicated than a 1995 Java app running crashes and Charlton Life becomes slowly less bearable to scroll through.

My god this. When I briefly worked for the NHS last year, I had to use a pc on IE8 which meant windows XP on a 1024x768 screen
  • Do gooders
  • WayneK said:

Old or fat people who try to cross a busy road when's there's a zebra crossing five yards away.

But it's perfectly fine for young skinny people do this?
  • edited March 2015
    Restaurants that whack on a 15% service charge, then when you pay, give you the credit card machine which invites you to add a tip. Just give me the real price.
  • Restaurants that whack on a 15% service charge, then when you pay, give you the credit card machine which invites you to add a tip. Just give me the real price.

Waiters who, when you point out that the food was cold, the service was slow and the attitude of the staff was poor, look at you with disbelief and disgust when you refuse to pay the automatically added on tip.
    Tipping should be for good service, it shouldn't be assumed.
  • edited March 2015

Do gooders

Just out of curiosity, how do you define 'do gooder'?
  • Sponsored links:

• Do gooders

Lives up Norff, don't eat meat

; )
  • Manufacturers of "To my Wife on Mothers Day" cards and the shops that sell them.

Unless you come from Norwich, where they say "To My Sister On Mothers Day"
  • brogib said:

Do gooders

; )

Oh, that'll make me one then. Yet people use it as a derogatory term...........................
  • Fat women that constantly tell others that its ok to be big and its unhealthy to be skinny.

Pretty sure its unhealthy to be obese as well tubs.

To go hand in hand with a 'bubbly personality' which actually means an 'I will annoy you until you want to eat your own face in order to take your mind off of what I am saying' personality.
  • brogib said:

Do gooders

; )

Oh, that'll make me one then. Yet people use it as a derogatory term...........................
    No, that's 'do gooda' with an A, if you say it with an ER it aint offensive.
  • MrOneLung said:

Fat women that constantly tell others that its ok to be big and its unhealthy to be skinny.

Pretty sure its unhealthy to be obese as well tubs.

To go hand in hand with a 'bubbly personality' which actually means an 'I will annoy you until you want to eat your own face in order to take your mind off of what I am saying' personality.

Plenty of 'skinny birds' have personalities like that. Let's just settle for women in general :wink:
  • Great personailty = Face like a sack of spanners
  • Sporty = Flat chested
  • Earth mother - hairy pits and a penchant for hemp clothing. Possibly smells of patchouli.
  • Sponsored links:

• Adventurous - slut
  • Jeremy Clarkson
    Anyone daft enough to sign a petition demanding his return
    Richard 'brown nose' Hammond
    Crocs
    Ugg boots

Was with you all the way until you got to Ugg boots.

My wife & daughter swear by them in that they are, in my daughter's words, "Like clouds on my feet".
    Bearing in mind how much they shop, that suggests Ugg boots perform a positive function in the form of extreme comfort.

Where I do draw the line is seeing young kids wearing diamante, bling Ugg boots (the likes of which the Mrs & I saw in the cafe at John Lewis, Oxford St, last Saturday where Japanese mother & young daughter wore matching Uggs) - knowing that the kid will outgrow the overly-expensive fashion accessories in a matter of weeks.

• Ugg boots are just plain wrong - comfort is no excuse for something so ugly.
  • People that are too important to bother indicating, the twats are likely to be wearing ugg boots as well
  • Ugg boots are just plain wrong - comfort is no excuse for something so ugly.

UGG boots on women are ok with me. It's when I see middle aged men wearing them than I want to scream.

I actually wear UGG slippers indoors, very comfy.

• brogib said:

Tony Blair attending the Afghan Memorial at St Pauls yesterday

One of the best and most poignant posts ever on this thread.
    My blood boils!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!