Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• edited March 2015
    Protest marches

Why does getting in.the way of people who work hard seem a good thing to do

" I know I am really annoyed about climate change so I am going To bring to a halt a capital city full of cars lorries busses with their engines running for four hrs "

If I could have wrapped my hands Rd the neck of any of them sat in would be doing a stretch now

• When your iTunes is on shuffle and some album track of the Kaiser Chief's starts playing
  • brogib said:

IA said:

The Scottish Government's tax on carrier bags, which seems to apply to paper bags as well as plastic

Scotrail's ban on alcohol in evening trains, including, say, the 9pm Monday train from Edinburgh to Inverness

Scottish people composing texts entirely in their accent (eg "A wis jes back fae shoppie fan u rang")

Scottish people calling me Ken

I'm not far off adding "Living in
    Scotland" to this list

That's better eh @cafcdave123 ; )
    we will be doing as THEY say come the next Parliament

• Counter-protests. I support the right to protest as it is a fundamental pillar of free speech and democracy, even if I fundamentally disagree with what protesters are upset about. What I can't stand are the people who specifically turn up at protests to drown out or intimidate the protesters into shutting up. That's just anti free speech.
  • People who break at speed cameras so that they are 10mph below the speed limit - just in case presumably.
  • lolwray said:

brogib said:

IA said:

The Scottish Government's tax on carrier bags, which seems to apply to paper bags as well as plastic

Scotrail's ban on alcohol in evening trains, including, say, the 9pm Monday train from Edinburgh to Inverness

Scottish people composing texts entirely in their accent (eg "A wis jes back fae shoppie fan u rang")

Scottish people calling me Ken

I'm not far off adding "Living in
    Scotland" to this list

That's better eh @cafcdave123 ; )
    we will be doing as THEY say come the next Parliament

I say let them have ago at running the country.
    They will find its almost impossible to change anything of any real note. But they might find out shuffling and moving chairs is a well paid job.
  • 30mins as I type this trying to speak to someone at HSBC customer services
  • cabbles said:

30mins as I type this trying to speak to someone at HSBC customer services

https://translate.google.fr/?hl=fr
  • When your iTunes is on shuffle and some album track of the Kaiser Chief's starts playing

Their singles are shit as well so don't have them on your iTunes is the answer.
  • Sponsored links:

• BBC Radio 5Live sport news reports on golf always starting with whatever Rory McIllroy is doing. Whether he is leading by 10 or 20 shots off the lead, all they report on is this curly haired clown as if there are no other golfers in the world.
  • edited March 2015
    Riviera said:

BBC Radio 5Live sport news reports on golf always starting with whatever Rory McIllroy is doing. Whether he is leading by 10 or 20 shots off the lead, all they report on is this curly haired clown as if there are no other golfers in the world.

On a similar note - golf coverage from America always seems to place Tiger Woods at the top of all the players on the same score on the leaderboard, even when he's played fewer holes. They don't do this with anyone else.
  • When I mess up my quoting on CL
  • People who don't finish senten
  • people who don't like peep show

• People serving in shops and cafes who greet you with "are you ok?" instead of "how can I help you" I'm obviously not "ok" if I am standing here waiting to be served, just ask me what I want rather than how I feel.

Quite agree. A really annoying one in cafes and restaurants is immediately after placing your order with waiter/waitress he/she says "you've got it". No, I haven't.
  • Sponsored links:

• The phrase "perfect storm". Used whenever someone wants to make a drama out of an event.
    Also , been mentioned lots of time before but worth another, "gate" on the end of any news story.
  • Inane questions on websites .

Do you want to sign up to our newsletter ?
    Do you want to add a 25p charitable donation ?
    Do you want to save your card details ?
    Do you want to create an account ?
    Do you want us to add you to our 3rd party emailing list and flog all your details to anyone who wants them ?
    Do you want the pc to store your password ?
    Do you want to complete the survey and have absolutely no chance in winning a non exsistent prize ?

FCK OFF
  • Clickbait, and the general stupidity that they resort to for clicks.

"This man has been banned from gyms because his muscle-building workout is too successful"

No, he hasn't.
  • Your password must have a lower case letter, an upper case letter, a number, a non alphanumeric character and the forename of a famous ventriloquist. Please try again.

The interesting thing is that this in no way makes it harder for a computer or a hacker to break your password but it does make it harder for you to remember it.

An 8-character password containing a mixture of upper & lower case characters, numbers and special characters is a lot easier to decrypt than a 10-character all lower case password.

Being forced to change your p/word periodically (most employers force you to change your log-ins once a month) don't make any meaningful difference to data protection either. Which is another general annoyance of mine, and the fact that all this leads to is most people in the office just use Password1 then change the number everytime they need to.
  • I've already been reprimanded for my use of "my bad" already today by @Greenie, now I'm getting torn a new one in here as well!

I'm sorry, I realise what I said was wrong - the phrase is stupid, I agree.

It was said in the heat of the moment, it was a mistake ... one that I will not make again.

Now please, may the CL gods have mercy on me and can this be the last spoken about my error.

:-)
  • That there's only 24 hrs in a day and that the clock don't stop ticking

• People who use stupid americanisms such as "my bad" (my bad what? - makes no sense), or "do the math" (should have an 's', but annoying saying regardless), or say "can I get" instead of "may I have" when ordering food in cafes/coffee shops. Talk English that makes sense.

People in coffee shops. A list of annoyances too long to mention.

People serving in shops and cafes who greet you with "are you ok?" instead of "how can I help you" I'm obviously not "ok" if I am standing here waiting to be served, just ask me what I want rather than how I feel.

Commentators who say "saved by the post/bar/woodwork." No, that is a miss. The goal is the bit in the middle, anything outside is a failure to score. Idiots.

people in shops. (ditto, people in coffee shops)

Actually, when I think about it, it might be people in general that annoy me.

My five year old son brings home books to read and we as parents have to write a comment in his reading record about his progress etc. In the book he brought home last night it contained the expression "can I get? ". Getting enshrined into English this!
  • Riviera said:

BBC Radio 5Live sport news reports on golf always starting with whatever Rory McIllroy is doing. Whether he is leading by 10 or 20 shots off the lead, all they report on is this curly haired clown as if there are no other golfers in the world.</</del>blockquote>

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!