Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Some other food for thought.

Isn't urine, fresh urine sterile?

And when you press or turn the tap it will be grimy because other bog-dwellers have switched on with tainted mitts.

So those that wash will still be walking around with mucky paws
  • Redskin said:

Treading on an upturned plug in bare feet.

I gave it a LOL but it's no laughing matter! Fookin painful
  • Carter said:

Some other food for thought.

And when you press or turn the tap it will be grimy because other bog-dwellers have switched on with tainted mitts.

You press the tap on, not off Carts... :smile:

I don't think urine is sterile is it?
  • Drivers who get in my overtaking lane on the A12 or A14 and then get arsey with me when I undertake.
    Lol
  • People who say they have or just had the flu. When they actually mean they have had a cold.

Man flu is excluded, of course. That is a terrible virus and would kill most women.

Flu when it's a cold, migraine when it's a headache, tonsillitis or laryngitis when it's a sore throat.
  • Carter said:

Some other food for thought.

You press the tap on, not off Carts... :smile:

I don't think urine is sterile is it?
    Not once it reaches the uretha I think.
  • Watch bear grills on itv. He gets the celebs drinking their own piss.
  • Not indicating. Period.

People who say they have or just had the flu. When they actually mean they have had a cold.

Man flu is excluded, of course. That is a terrible virus and would kill most women.

Flu when it's a cold, migraine when it's a headache, tonsillitis or laryngitis when it's a sore throat.
    Once had a guy at work who wrote " Dysentery" on his self-certificate after 1 day off with the squirts
  • Jamilia
  • brogib said:

Jamilia

She did a photo shoot for Pretty Polly a few years ago for which I am prepared to forgive her inability to survive in the jungle. Not sure I'd drink her waste fluids though........
  • Sponsored links:

• People who say they have or just had the flu. When they actually mean they have had a cold.

When I was teenager (many, many years ago) I felt rather unwell and told my mother so. I was angling for a day off school, my mother told me I would feel better once I got out and to school.
    The next day I was in hospital with pneumonia and then had the next 6 weeks off.
    We was hard back then.
  • Powellmania
  • edited February 2015
    @Carter your old chap must be the most abused tool this side of a chain gang. I wouldn't touch it with a pair of surgical gloves, bin bag and a pack of wipes, and I'd still want to wash my hands !
  • I set up a fake Michael Barrymore Facebook page 3 years ago during my second year of university thinking nothing would come from it. I just re-logged on to it and I've got 122 friend requests and 67 messages from adoring ex-contestants who think it's really Mr Barrymore.

I'm just going along with it for now...
  • What's a hot spot not?
  • When it's in a swimming pool.
  • I really can't believe anyone questions whether they should wash their hands after a slash.
    Really?
  • I set up a fake Michael Barrymore Facebook page 3 years ago during my second year of university thinking nothing would come from it. I just re-logged on to it and I've got 122 friend requests and 67 messages from adoring ex-contestants who think it's really Mr Barrymore.

I'm just going along with it for now...

Start up an event and invite em all to your pool party, see if you get any takers
  • purdis said:

Redskin said:

Treading on an upturned plug in bare feet.

I gave it a LOL but it's no laughing matter! Fookin painful
    It's ironic that the safest electrical plug in the world is also the most dangerous.
  • Greenie said:

I really can't believe anyone questions whether they should wash their hands after a slash.
    Really?

Absolutely. I don't care how clean you get your old chap in the shower, when you walk around during the day, your cock gets warm and sweaty and incubates germs. It's fucking disgusting. What the hell is the objection? Don't you have enough time in the day to do it? It takes 10 seconds, so just grow up and wash your hands.
    Fecking dirty idiots.
  • Sponsored links:

• It annoys me that commentators can't stop calling David Silva David Silva just to show they are capable of mis-pronouncing the name David (which as we are in England is pronounced withe the a like "wave" rather than "have") when every other player is referred to by just his surname. Stop doing it you fuckwits.

Also riles me when the rugger people refer to Racing of Paris and pronounce it as though it rhymes with "bashing". If you are going to go all French then it's "Pareee" for Paris but the commentators can't figure that out so you get what they think is the correct pronunciation in a foreign language for just part of the time to show they are such clever ****s. To me it makes them sound mugs.
  • The Burnley manager's goatee.
  • It annoys me that commentators can't stop calling David Silva David Silva just to show they are capable of mis-pronouncing the name David (which as we are in England is pronounced withe the a like "wave" rather than "have") when every other player is referred to by just his surname. Stop doing it you fuckwits.

Also riles me when the rugger people refer to Racing of Paris and pronounce it as though it rhymes with "bashing". If you are going to go all French then it's "Pareee" for Paris but the commentators can't figure that out so you get what they think is the correct pronunciation in a foreign language for just part of the time to show they are such clever ****s. To me it makes them sound mugs.

There's two examples of this that always bugged me:

One was during an old World Cup (86? 90?) There was a Brazilian player called Müller. The story went that the player was such a fan of Gerd Müller, that he took his name. There was a commentator during that World Cup who insisted on calling him Müll-air. Twat.

Second is the country Tanzania. (Most people are guilty of this one - probably you too!)
    Tanzania is a blend of the two names Tanganyika and Zanzibar, which united to make one nation in the sixties. The name Tanzania was coined by a Tanzanian man in 1964, apparently in a national competition to come up with a good name for the new nation. A few years ago, this man was being interviewed on a British radio station about the history of the country. Throughout, the interviewer pronounced it (as I imagine you do too) 'Tan-zan-ee-a'. The little fella who actually came up with the name in the first place pronounced it 'Tan-zan-ya'.
    I don't know about you, but I'd say he was the world's authority on how to pronounce the word Tanzania.
  • So why don't we call Germany Deutschland?

• Riviera said:

So why don't we call Germany Deutschland?

I know you're being obtuse, but I'll answer anyway. :smile:
    Because 'Germany' comes from reference to 'germanic tribes' and 'Deutsch' loosely translates as 'people' in old german.
    In other words, they're different words.
    Seriously though, different languages have their own words for everything including nations. They often have corrupted versions of the local names (such as Spain from Espaňa) some even pronounce countries differently even when they are the same word (eg we pronounce the 'a' in France slightly differently to the french). So alternative pronounciation does happen.
    However, in the case of Tanzania, the word is modern (50 years old), was created in an english (and swahili) speaking country, was presented to the world as the official name (in all languages) and is not difficult to pronounce, so there is no reason for it to have been changed by anyone, let alone the english. It appears that people just decided to pronounce it wrong and it's stuck.
  • Having 2 cars, one with parking sensors, one without.
    Yup, you can fill in the general thing that annoyed me yesterday.
  • Having 2 cars, one with parking sensors, one without.
    Yup, you can fill in the general thing that annoyed me yesterday.

Parking sensors kept going off while you were out dogging?
  • Nailed it in one, Dave.

(But not able to in the other one.)

There's two examples of this that always bugged me:

One was during an old World Cup (86? 90?) There was a Brazilian player called Müller. The story went that the player was such a fan of Gerd Müller, that he took his name. There was a commentator during that World Cup who insisted on calling him Müll-air. Twat.

Second is the country Tanzania. (Most people are guilty of this one - probably you too!)
    Tanzania is a blend of the two names Tanganyika and Zanzibar, which united to make one nation in the sixties. The name Tanzania was coined by a Tanzanian man in 1964, apparently in a national competition to come up with a good name for the new nation. A few years ago, this man was being interviewed on a British radio station about the history of the country. Throughout, the interviewer pronounced it (as I imagine you do too) 'Tan-zan-ee-a'. The little fella who actually came up with the name in the first place pronounced it 'Tan-zan-ya'.
    I don't know about you, but I'd say he was the world's authority on how to pronounce the word Tanzania.
    When I went to Tanzania for a month, about 6 or 7 years ago now, one of the very first Tanzanians to greet us said "Welcome to Tan-zan-ee-ya" so I think you need to get out there and tell all the locals they pronounce it wrong
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!