Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Carter said:

There are 2 schools of thought for me surrounding those who work on the bins

1 is that they do a rough, shitty, yet essential job and we should appreciate them.

2 is that they are a pain in the arse. Leave a mess behind them leave the ever increasing number of council provided waste receptacles all over the gaff and it will always be the day you really could do without being late they are in the way on your drive to work.

They don't earn terrible money but the fact that job exists is a good motivator to our drop out youth in school to aim higher and get an education unless you want to do that job. Fair play to anyone who does that job, better that than be an estate agent in my book.

or you could reverse that, why bother training to become a nurse when you can earn more on the bins :wink:
  • You can always tell its bin day in the afternoon down my street. It's like a tip cos the lazy feckers drop half the rubbish.
  • trending on Twitter
  • Parents who drive their kids to school when it's only a ten minutes walk.
  • My wife has no musical taste, I'll admit my can be poor at times(very proggy), but Saturday nights and Simon Cowell, I can't take any more.
  • P.S. The bin men make a right mess in Northamptonshire to.
  • Fiiish said:

Coming home to find that the binmen have yet again left the bins on the other side of the road from your house because the lazy cnuts can't be bothered putting them back.

This is easily resolved. Just mention your theory to them that they are all lazy c**** and I guarantee they will never forget which house is yours again.

Personally, my guys are brilliant; up at dawns crack, whatever the weather or time of year, can't do enough for us within reason but as a minimum running several miles per day emptying 1000's of stinking bins and getting dogs abuse from some less enlightened members of the public all for about £15k a year. Guess I'm just lucky.
    What a rubbish moan. ;o)
  • My wife has no musical taste, I'll admit my can be poor at times(very proggy), but Saturday nights and Simon Cowell, I can't take any more.

I share your pain brother.....just add the Voice to that.....
  • People who walk along whilst texting, updating facebook etc etc. particularly when just getting off a train and approaching the ticket barriers.
  • Fiiish said:

Coming home to find that the binmen have yet again left the bins on the other side of the road from your house because the lazy cnuts can't be bothered putting them back.

This is easily resolved. Just mention your theory to them that they are all lazy c**** and I guarantee they will never forget which house is yours again.

Personally, my guys are brilliant; up at dawns crack, whatever the weather or time of year, can't do enough for us within reason but as a minimum running several miles per day emptying 1000's of stinking bins and getting dogs abuse from some less enlightened members of the public all for about £15k a year. Guess I'm just lucky.
    Actually, their BASIC wage is about 25k.

Not according to the National Careers Service it isn't. Nor indeed do any of those that I know personally and work alongside earn anywhere near that but I'm sure you're right...

https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/advice/planning/jobprofiles/Pages/refusecollector.aspx
  • Sponsored links:

• Fiiish said:

Not according to the National Careers Service it isn't. Nor indeed do any of those that I know personally and work alongside earn anywhere near that but I'm sure you're right...

https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/advice/planning/jobprofiles/Pages/refusecollector.aspx
    Quick update for pedantries sake...I just asked one of their chargehands what the average salary of a bin man was for this area. Drivers get a little more (not much) as they have HGV but basic salary for this area is about £12,500. In fact much to his annoyance lots of them have to take second jobs to make ends meet...the lazy feckers.
  • edited February 2015

People who walk along whilst texting, updating facebook etc etc. particularly when just getting off a train and approaching the ticket barriers.

Yes and walking along reading a book . Also people drinking coffee in lifts , fcking annoying
  • Fiiish said:

Quick update for pedantries sake...I just asked one of their chargehands what the average salary of a bin man was for this area. Drivers get a little more (not much) as they have HGV but basic salary for this area is about £12,500. In fact much to his annoyance lots of them have to take second jobs to make ends meet...the lazy feckers.
    ...pedantry.
  • Fiiish said:

So, because binmen are only on 12-13K, it means they don't have to do their jobs properly? I came up against the same logic when I was at Rentokil. Our basic was 14500, so it meant that only around 1 or 2 of us from every team (Of around 12) actually done a proper job. From those 1 or 2, I don't think any are still working there.
  • Binmen earn between 24k-26k now.
  • Is that earn or get paid?
  • edited February 2015

Fiiish said:

Wind your neck in mate, surely it's getting a bit boring sniping at every one of my posts just because you once disagreed with something I said a few months ago.

The check-out assistants at supermarkets won't be getting paid any better than binmen (believe me, I know) but they are courteous and offer to pack your bags. Every other week I walk home and see bins strewn across my road. Good thing I don't drive home from work, I'm sure it's pretty annoying having to meander around bins.

I was taught that if you're doing a job, do it well, not do it half-arsedly and claim you're underpaid. If the binmen feel they don't get paid enough they should take it up with their employer, not take it out on their customers.
  • brogib said:

Fiiish said:

So, because binmen are only on 12-13K, it means they don't have to do their jobs properly? I came up against the same logic when I was at Rentokil. Our basic was 14500, so it meant that only around 1 or 2 of us from every team (Of around 12) actually done a proper job. From those 1 or 2, I don't think any are still working there.
    Er...no, what I'm saying is that they don't earn as much as (mis)reported or others would like to think and in my experience do a pretty good job.

I've already linked to an official site setting out a range of salaries significantly lower than some have claimed, I even texted someone responsible for their recruitment and employment who told me that here the average is even less than that around here and now is a link to a recently advertised job in London @ £6:50/hour which by my maths is about bang on what I was told it would be.

jobview.monster.co.uk/Refuse-Loader-Job-Uxbridge-London-UK-145395537.aspx?WT.mc_n=olm_sk_feed_indeed_UK

• brogib said:

Fiiish said:

Er...no, what I'm saying is that they don't earn as much as (mis)reported or others would like to think and in my experience do a pretty good job.

I've already linked to an official site setting out a range of salaries significantly lower than some have claimed, I even texted someone responsible for their recruitment and employment who told me that here the average is even less than that around here and now is a link to a recently advertised job in London @ £6:50/hour which by my maths is about bang on what I was told it would be.

jobview.monster.co.uk/Refuse-Loader-Job-Uxbridge-London-UK-145395537.aspx?WT.mc_n=olm_sk_feed_indeed_UK

You ain't gotta text noone on my behalf mate. If I took the job on and I was paid 6.50 to collect bins, I'd do it properly and I say that with hand on me heart.
  • Fiiish said:

I'm not for one minute saying you are lying but those numbers trouble me. 12,500 for a council working week of 37 hours does not add up.

A HGV licence holder doing only agency work can comfortably earn 30,000 which would beg the question why work on the bins.
  • Sponsored links:

• Arguing about the bins on a football site. Tragic.
  • Carter said:

Fiiish said:

I'm not for one minute saying you are lying but those numbers trouble me. 12,500 for a council working week of 37 hours does not add up.

A HGV licence holder doing only agency work can comfortably earn 30,000 which would beg the question why work on the bins.
    They do it for the gold plated pension ;-)
  • Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:

Wind your neck in mate, surely it's getting a bit boring sniping at every one of my posts just because you once disagreed with something I said a few months ago.

The check-out assistants at supermarkets won't be getting paid any better than binmen (believe me, I know) but they are courteous and offer to pack your bags. Every other week I walk home and see bins strewn across my road. Good thing I don't drive home from work, I'm sure it's pretty annoying having to meander around bins.

I was taught that if you're doing a job, do it well, not do it half-arsedly and claim you're underpaid. If the binmen feel they don't get paid enough they should take it up with their employer, not take it out on their customers.
    My final word on the subject mate but have you considered that your binmen probably don't have time to replace them in exactly the same spot they were left? Rounds have been significantly extended to reduce the crew size i.e. costs, meaning that they, in my area anyway, literally have to run to keep up with the route schedule. They don't get time to pick up every scrap of rubbish or place bins back to your exacting standards.

BTW I have never seen a bin in the road that wasn't blown there after they left either but your comment about them all being lazy c#### taking it all out on their customers says everything about your attitude to public services to me, hence the reason our views will probably clash doesn't it?

Sorry to inject a few facts and logic into your edgy first world moan.
  • edited February 2015
    The contents of a womans handbag. my wife's handbag resembles that of somebody going on a weeks holiday.

I wish I hadn't ask to borrow it now.
  • The contents of a womans handbag. my wife's handbag resembles that of somebody going on a weeks holiday.

who takes that many dildos on holiday? :wink:
  • The contents of a womans handbag. my wife's handbag resembles that of somebody going on a weeks holiday.

This. The number of times I ask 'where's the (phone/keys/chewing gum/stamps' and the answer is 'in my handbag', I just give up hope and let her look for it.

The equivalent for a man I reckon would be a bag filled with loose staples, ripped out pages of Loaded, expired Subway vouchers, a post-it with 'For the Milkman' written on it and half a Greggs sausage roll wrapped in paper.

who takes that many dildos on holiday? :wink:
    Only one of those in the bag - just happened to be a very big one.
  • Fiiish said:

The contents of a womans handbag. my wife's handbag resembles that of somebody going on a weeks holiday.

This. The number of times I ask 'where's the (phone/keys/chewing gum/stamps' and the answer is 'in my handbag', I just give up hope and let her look for it.

The equivalent for a man I reckon would be a bag filled with loose staples, ripped out pages of Loaded, expired Subway vouchers, a post-it with 'For the Milkman' written on it and half a Greggs sausage roll wrapped in paper.
    I hope your misses don't work in the Public Sector @Fiiish , or else Bourny's gonna have your guts for garters pal!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!