Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• brogib said:

brogib said:

Fiiish said:

Coming home to find that the binmen have yet again left the bins on the other side of the road from your house because the lazy cnuts can't be bothered putting them back.

This is easily resolved. Just mention your theory to them that they are all lazy c**** and I guarantee they will never forget which house is yours again.

Personally, my guys are brilliant; up at dawns crack, whatever the weather or time of year, can't do enough for us within reason but as a minimum running several miles per day emptying 1000's of stinking bins and getting dogs abuse from some less enlightened members of the public all for about £15k a year. Guess I'm just lucky.
    Actually, their BASIC wage is about 25k.

Not according to the National Careers Service it isn't. Nor indeed do any of those that I know personally and work alongside earn anywhere near that but I'm sure you're right...

https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/advice/planning/jobprofiles/Pages/refusecollector.aspx
    Quick update for pedantries sake...I just asked one of their chargehands what the average salary of a bin man was for this area. Drivers get a little more (not much) as they have HGV but basic salary for this area is about £12,500. In fact much to his annoyance lots of them have to take second jobs to make ends meet...the lazy feckers.
    So, because binmen are only on 12-13K, it means they don't have to do their jobs properly? I came up against the same logic when I was at Rentokil. Our basic was 14500, so it meant that only around 1 or 2 of us from every team (Of around 12) actually done a proper job. From those 1 or 2, I don't think any are still working there.
    Er...no, what I'm saying is that they don't earn as much as (mis)reported or others would like to think and in my experience do a pretty good job.

I've already linked to an official site setting out a range of salaries significantly lower than some have claimed, I even texted someone responsible for their recruitment and employment who told me that here the average is even less than that around here and now is a link to a recently advertised job in London @ £6:50/hour which by my maths is about bang on what I was told it would be.

jobview.monster.co.uk/Refuse-Loader-Job-Uxbridge-London-UK-145395537.aspx?WT.mc_n=olm_sk_feed_indeed_UK

You ain't gotta text noone on my behalf mate. If I took the job on and I was paid 6.50 to collect bins, I'd do it properly and I say that with hand on me heart.
    You'd be shit at your job then. No one can lift bins one handed.
    You only gotta pull the bin along, the wagon does the rest. Reckon I'd do scratching me bollocks and with my hand on me heart
  • I was a bin man as a summer job. About £8 per hour through an agency, though that was well over a decade ago. A few weirdos, but most were professional, enjoyed it and put in a shift. Mainly to get home earlier.
  • McBobbin said:

I was a bin man as a summer job. About £8 per hour through an agency, though that was well over a decade ago. A few weirdos, but most were professional, enjoyed it and put in a shift. Mainly to get home earlier.

So, probably around 20k pa, with a bit of overtime, over 10 year ago.
  • adsads
    edited February 2015
    T.C.E said:

Putting a used Dogsh*t bag in the same pocket as my car keys, every b****** time you can guarantee the ignition key will go straight through it......

Outbthem in those red bins they have in parks, you don't have to carry then round all day
  • T.C.E said:

Putting a used Dogsh*t bag in the same pocket as my car keys, every b****** time you can guarantee the ignition key will go straight through it......

Why are you putting shit in your pockets? Isn't it bad enough that your house stinks? Get rid of the dog and get a plant or something....
  • edited February 2015
    T.C.E said:

I hope it was from your dog and not somebody else's.

• T.C.E said:

If you bought a car with keyless ignition then that'd solve your problem!

alternatively don't put dog shit in your pocket
  • Fiiish said:

T.C.E said:

alternatively give up the dog shit obsession
  • People who get offended over jokes.
  • Sponsored links:

• T.C.E said:

I hope it was from your dog and not somebody else's.

Don't be so disgusting, Of course it was. ;)
  • T.C.E said:

Look on the brightside mate, better to have a shitty car key than a shit bag burst in your sky rocket when you sit down. ; )
  • brogib said:

T.C.E said:

Look on the brightside mate, better to have a shitty car key than a shit bag burst in your sky rocket when you sit down. ; )
    Ah, did I tell you about the time................ :)

• The reason why binmen, leave the rubbish all the road, is because they don't get trained.

They just pick it up as they go along, or not, as is the case.
  • Fiiish said:

T.C.E said:

alternatively give up the dog shit obsession
    Good thinking, re: the car........ No obsession, just clean up after my dogs and sometimes have no bin available. So it goes home with me ;)
  • edited February 2015
    Fumbluff said:

T.C.E said:

Why are you putting shit in your pockets? Isn't it bad enough that your house stinks? Get rid of the dog and get a plant or something....
  • T.C.E said:

Fumbluff said:

T.C.E said:

I told you not to share my private picture portfolio. I knew you were not to be trusted with private mms messages!
  • People who walk along whilst texting, updating facebook etc etc. particularly when just getting off a train and approaching the ticket barriers.

You have the right, no, the solemn duty, to tread on their heels and look as them as though it's their fault for tripping you up!
  • When filling in an online form & the moment when you have to enter your year of birth. God it is depressing scrolling down all those years & wonder where they all went.
  • Taxi drivers who moan if they have to give you change
  • Sponsored links:

• Barbeque sauce on a pizza. Just wrong.
  • Talking to someone about something you know they know little about when they know you know they know little about the subject but the whole charade is played out still as if you both are of equal knowledge on the subject
  • T.C.E said:

Fumbluff said:

T.C.E said:

Is that Danny Baker?
  • kafka said:

132 pages in so maybe done already...but when did people start saying can I get a latte instead of can I have. Look at me so international. You can get a smack in the gob.

Or even, "may I have a latte?".
  • Carter said:

Talking to someone about something you know they know little about when they know you know they know little about the subject but the whole charade is played out still as if you both are of equal knowledge on the subject

I know what you mean....
  • Idle loafers who go around scratching people's cars.

They can't be that idle then, can they?
  • Fiiish said:

To be fair that is annoying. As long as it isn't detremental to my chances of getting served in the next 5 minutes, I always let those who have been waiting before me get served first.

I get a thanks 7/10 times

At a busy bar, I'll admit it becomes every man for yourself but in literally all 3 instances I have been the only person waiting to get served apart from the person currently being served.
    The solution is to say "I was here first".
  • Carter said:

Talking to someone about something you know they know little about when they know you know they know little about the subject but the whole charade is played out still as if you both are of equal knowledge on the subject

I know what you mean....
    Me too - I had an interview like that yesterday.

• T.C.E said:

Get rid of the dog? Or the car? The power is in your hands.
  • Waking up on Friday morning and thinking it is Saturday
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!