Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• iaitch said:

Why we constantly apologising for things that happened in our history.

Yeh, like kicking the Romans out. What did they ever do for us?

Have all the people that have invaded us apologised yet?
  • iaitch said:

iaitch said:

Technically the Norman line of succession never really left so we're only expecting apologies from the Danes, Germans and Italians.
  • LEAN aka Kaizen.

What bugs you about it @LawrieAbrahams ?
  • edited February 2015
    It must have been mentioned before

Up Selling in shops - If I wanted a bar of chocolate for a pound I would have bought one
  • Fiiish said:

iaitch said:

iaitch said:

Technically the Norman line of succession never really left so we're only expecting apologies from the Danes, Germans and Italians.
    Can we count the Spanish for trying?
  • Macronate said:

self service checkouts in the big supermarkets.

there is always a fecking big queue behind you and:

1. the carrier bags are always closed meaning you have to try and open them and then position bag back onto steel holders. once you get it back on, the bag has somehow closed back up again and you can't get handles to locate on holders;
    2. scan first few things successfully and bag fills up. awkward items like rolls of wrapping paper won't fit in bag and keep falling over but you have to manintain weight of item on scales;
    3. 1st bag fills up and you have hardly any room to prepare 2nd bag, struggling again to open the bastard...you can see the scowls through the back of your head and hear the general unrest in the queue;
    4. 1st bag falls over due to uneven weight distribution and fact you have rushed putting items in. mushy peas tin falls on floor;
    5. try to compose yourself and re-pack with the pompous robot checkout voice telling you to scan an item again or put the last item you scanned in the bag (despite the fact that you already have);
    6. finally fill 2 bags which are a complete mess with prawns and a screw-in lightbulb in the same bag;
    7. leave alcohol till last meaning shop assistant has to come over to verify age and cause even longer delay after she attends to 3 other customers first;
    8. as you are paying by card, one of bags falls over again;
    9. finish paying but because items have fallen out of bag, you attemp to re-pack but end up carrying half the stuff in your arms/ hands just to get away quickly.

• Macronate said:

1. the carrier bags are always closed meaning you have to try and open them and then position bag back onto steel holders. once you get it back on, the bag has somehow closed back up again and you can't get handles to locate on holders;
    2. scan first few things successfully and bag fills up. awkward items like rolls of wrapping paper won't fit in bag and keep falling over but you have to manintain weight of item on scales;
    3. 1st bag fills up and you have hardly any room to prepare 2nd bag, struggling again to open the bastard...you can see the scowls through the back of your head and hear the general unrest in the queue;
    4. 1st bag falls over due to uneven weight distribution and fact you have rushed putting items in. mushy peas tin falls on floor;
    5. try to compose yourself and re-pack with the pompous robot checkout voice telling you to scan an item again or put the last item you scanned in the bag (despite the fact that you already have);
    6. finally fill 2 bags which are a complete mess with prawns and a screw-in lightbulb in the same bag;
    7. leave alcohol till last meaning shop assistant has to come over to verify age and cause even longer delay after she attends to 3 other customers first;
    9. finish paying but because items have fallen out of bag, you attemp to re-pack but end up carrying half the stuff in your arms/ hands just to get away quickly.

I admire your guts and courage in using them at all.

I've never had the balls to do it for just the reasons you describe. I am technophobic at the best of times let alone if the system doesn't work probably for those who claim to know what they are doing!
  • I think you have got too much to actually use the self service.
  • LenGlover said:

Macronate said:

I've never had the balls to do it for just the reasons you describe. I am technophobic at the best of times let alone if the system doesn't work probably for those who claim to know what they are doing!
    Although it is frustrating Len, I promise they don't bite :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:

LenGlover said:

Macronate said:

It's the thought of cocking it up while there are people huffing and puffing behind me. Brings me out in a sweat just thinking about it.

I don't like crowds anyway so really couldn't cope with the stress of it.

Pathetic I know.
  • Andy Murray.

Had him in an accumulator and he has let us down!
  • LenGlover said:

cabbles said:

LenGlover said:

Macronate said:

It's the thought of cocking it up while there are people huffing and puffing behind me. Brings me out in a sweat just thinking about it.

Pathetic I know.
    No I'm with you there Len, I'm not a crowd man myself (except on Match days).
  • Getting to the front of the toilet queue at half time in the East Stand, only to find it's a failure.
  • Mel & Sue
  • ........Sue coz she turned one of me all time favourite birds (Anna Richardson) the other way! Ffs
  • LenGlover said:

cabbles said:

LenGlover said:

Macronate said:

Pathetic I know.
    You support the right team then Len.
  • edited February 2015
    An arrogant tosser who I had the pleasure of trying to pitch on the phone today. MD of some branding communication agency. My prickometer went into overdrive as soon as I heard his response to me introducing myself

Also my work in general today. Seniors huffing and puffing and generally being moody coz things aren't going their way and decisions they expected to be deals didn't transpire.
  • Someone pitching on the phone to me today for services I didn't need :-)
  • edited February 2015
    cabbles said:

Also my work in general today. Seniors huffing and puffing and generally being moody coz things aren't going their way and decisions they expected to be deals didn't transpire.

How long have you been with The Network, Cabbles?
  • Sponsored links:

• That i'm not as good as i once was ? (:<
    But once i'm as good as i ever was. :wink:
  • WayneK said:

BBC news this morning apologising for the bombing of Dresden.

The only person who spoke any sense was the curator of the war museum in Dresden and he is German.

The 1st time we bombed Dresden was bad.
    But to do it again now in 2015 is shocking.

Will we get thrown out the European union and lose Wales ?

• People, mostly my boss, trying to cover up the fact that they've not bothered to get in touch with me over something important with the phrase 'I've been trying to get hold of you all day'

You bloody haven't have you? If you had you would have called my mobile or my landline or emailed me or called someone else in the building and got them to pass on a message, all methods you have used in the past and are perfectly capable of using again. What you've actually done is absolutely nothing
  • Stig said:

Greenie said:

Count Arthur Strong
    This a show on the BBC.
    It is without doubt the biggest pile of Dogshit masquerading as a comedy I have ever had the misfortune to watch.
    Whoever wrote it, acted in it, or commissioned it, should be put in a boat taken out to the middle of the channel and sank.
    Utter Bilge.

If you think that's bad you need to check out Ruth Bratt and Lucy Trodd. They are absolutely appalling and I have a horrible feeling that they might make it big. When they do, grown men will be begging for the return of Miranda. They are that bad.
    I stumbled across this Arthur Strong nonsense and I think there is a spelling mistake in the first word. No "o" is required.
  • When you stay at a cottage on holiday or you are at someone else's home and there is a black bin, a brown bin, a green bin and a blue bin. You spend 10 minutes deliberating over which bin each item goes into before giving up.
  • When you stay at a cottage on holiday or you are at someone else's home and there is a black bin, a brown bin, a green bin and a blue bin. You spend 10 minutes deliberating over which bin each item goes into before giving up.

I don't have to be on holiday, that happens here everyday. ;)
  • edited February 2015
    Receiving a letter from the quack accusing me of missing an appointment I never made and the attitude of the pitbull receptionist when advised of that fact.

I've given up trying to talk to them and written to the Practice Manager.

They can write with false accusations so they can write a letter of apology!
  • Fiiish said:

People (colleagues) who become amateur food critics as soon as you start eating your lunch. Typically saying something like 'is it nice?'. No, it's horrible that's why I'm voluntarily eating it. Well I was until you forced me to stop eating it to have this banal conversation with you. What have you brought in, oh wait, I don't care.

absolutely hate this, I was just about to put my first fork full into my mouth earlier and a girl from a different desk who was over having a chat pipes up with "oh that looks nice, what is it", "is it homemade"

fuck off love
  • dropping a custard cream into my tea whilst taking a call from some mook at a bank about a product that my desk has bugger all to do with!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!