Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• IA said:

Receiving emails with just my name at the top and no greeting (ie no "Dear" or "Hi" or "Hello")

The use of "Belgium" as an adjective/demonym

IA,

Why's that?

Regards

Belgium Dave
    fixed it DM

• IA said:

Receiving emails with just my name at the top and no greeting (ie no "Dear" or "Hi" or "Hello")

The use of "Belgium" as an adjective/demonym

Really hate this at well... Putting no greeting in front of the email comes across as rude and demanding
  • - People leaving engines idling (esp. diesel vans / lorries)
    - People using the horn, cos they're too lazy to get out and knock on the door
    - Radios played at loud volume outside
    - Lance Armstrong
    - Vandalism of bus timetables
  • Emails that start with...... We have personal information that you are owed a sum of money, then start...... Dear Roy!
  • Others taking issue with those who say they've had enough.
  • People taking issue with people taking issue of people saying they're off ; )
  • Charlton fans who don't understand that you can play well and still lose.

Fan 1: "We hit the post 7 times, had 4 goals disallowed and had two of our players sent off due to a ref involved in match-fixing. Our performance was amazing!"
    Fan 2: "But we still lost"
  • Charlton fans that think they've seen us play well since October...
  • Sponsored links:

• People who think capitalism has 'failed'
  • People who still think capitalism is a good thing - especially if they're not part of the 1%.
  • Individuals who believe that because you don't hold right wing views you automatically read the Guardian.
  • Individuals who believe that because you don't hold left wing views you automatically read the Daily Mail. ; )
  • edited February 2015
    Having your posts deleted for no good reason.
  • Hotel rooms in which you can't work out how to turn out all of the lights at bed time.
  • Drivers, who have the new 'halogen brighter than the North Star' headlights, but haven't adjusted them, or keep them on full beam. I nearly turned into Ray Charles driving home last night.
  • People who think capitalism has 'failed'

Francis Fukuyama - the imperial age.........
  • Greenie said:

Drivers, who have the new 'halogen brighter than the North Star' headlights, but haven't adjusted them, or keep them on full beam. I nearly turned into Ray Charles driving home last night.

You've got a piano in your car?
    Yes I have.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2015
    Hotel showers with really crap water pressure.
  • David Beckham at the BAFTAs - F' off Beckham it's not your industry. Retaining celebrity status by hanging out with other celebrities

• Greenie said:

Drivers, who have the new 'halogen brighter than the North Star' headlights, but haven't adjusted them, or keep them on full beam. I nearly turned into Ray Charles driving home last night.

No he had Georgia on his mind.
  • edited February 2015
    Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Yes I have.
    I've got a french horn in mine. Well, it is a Peugot
  • Any criticism of David Beckham.
  • cabbles said:

David Beckham at the BAFTAs - F' off Beckham it's not your industry. Retaining celebrity status by hanging out with other celebrities

• People who think that reading The Guardian makes them automatically intellectual and therefore dismiss other peoples views and their shit doesn't stink.
  • People who post/forward Guardian comment pieces as if the piece has been written by someone who doesn't have vested interests or actually bothered to research the matter at hand before writing the piece, or at least consider that the opposing side's argument has merit.

Also, political cartoons. I can't believe this is a real job, the caricatures barely resemble the politicians they're meant to be lampooning (case in point, Steve Bell, who I assume lost his sight, motor skills and most brain functions many decades ago and is only kept on the payroll because he's still a more functioning human being than Tonybee or Monbiot).
  • Jane Garvey.

No rhyme or reason to it but she really grates on me.

I believe she was once married to Adrian Chiles who is close to being the male equivalent.
  • having to google people mentioned on this thread and still not having a clue who they are.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!